percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

Also, I was late to this news and also this thread. Just trying to catch up here, please correct me if I'm off:

Tom's upset because the guy that his favorite coach traded for and won a Super Bowl with just traded him to us for a 10 game tryout for basically nothing. That this thread is 28 pages long means he probably threw in a Coples dig somewhere.

Stoic is upset because Idzik just brought in a playmaker who costs money after he just spent an entire year spamming the board that Idzik didn't spend enough money on playmakers.

SAR be SAR'ing.

bitonti has added neurology to his stellar resume of self-appointed expertise.

DButt is smashing the pun game today and unfortunately nobody cares.

Every reporter in New York who ripped the Jets for not taking a chance on anyone is fishing for quotes from people so they can rip the Jets for taking a chance on someone.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agent leverage, just got divorced, missed family etc

if money right OF COURSE he will stay in Seattle, lal I am saying is he is not adverse to leaving to Panthers or Skins one bit. Remember, this is a guy who lefty his college w/Grad year eligibility and went somewhere else, LOL. He goes where situation best for him, and thats more than just cash sometimes.

That's not really what happened there, NC State's coach wanted to start Glennon over Wilson, so rather than stay on as Glennon's backup at NC state he went to Wisconsin where he could start.

i understand he is willing to test the market, but i have not heard anything about this at all. i doubt carolina will dump cam as he is having prolly his best season. washington maybe but they drafted two qbs only a couple years ago

snyder a wildcard as u know

That's not really what happened there, NC State's coach wanted to start Glennon over Wilson, so rather than stay on as Glennon's backup at NC state he went to Wisconsin where he could start.

welllllll, Coach was pissed that Russ went to play minor league baseball (his 1st love just like MJ) in off season (not stay for spring ball etc (which he didnt need, LOL)  and HC got pissed and threatened that. Most locally here thought that he could never follow thru w/Wilsons skill set so high, Coach would have caved, but Russ thought Coach was a anal Toad so he said 'hell with it'

Add in fact he/family grew up UNC fans (UNC coach had just signed 5 star Paulus , stealing from Carroll/ USC and even though UNC coached pleaded with HC, he told Wilson he had 'no more spots')  he went where he thought he had Top10 chance,,and he did.. Notice in Intro's where he says he went: Univ Wisconisn, LOL... Pissed Wolfpack fans off to no end, lol

@SI_PeterKing: Percy4: Jets have a 10-game trial with immensely talented player. They have a good mentor type in Vick for Harvin. Good move by Idzik.

Peter King, last night:

@SI_PeterKing: Harvin was more difficult to deal with last year than anybody knows. He has real trust issues with people. No getting it back once lost.

The fact that this pie-stained windsock is gainfully employed as a sportswriter is the reason print is dead.

A Seattle reporter said on WFAN today that Harvin is a "POOR ROUTE RUNNER".

He is a fly only guy. Aren't you wondering why the JETS were "lucky" to get him?

At least there is now a reason to watch JETS/BILL one week from tomorrow.

Harvin is a poor route runner, and he doesn't take coaching very well.  His big play is taking screens to the house, and end arounds.  Which should work out very well for Geno as he can't throw up field very well, but he should be able to handle screens which will inflate his stats.  Just like at WV

Tom's upset because the guy that his favorite coach traded for and won a Super Bowl with just traded him to us for a 10 game tryout for basically nothing. That this thread is 28 pages long means he probably threw in a Coples dig somewhere.

Stoic is upset because Idzik just brought in a playmaker who costs money after he just spent an entire year spamming the board that Idzik didn't spend enough money on playmakers.

SAR be SAR'ing.

bitonti has added neurology to his stellar resume of self-appointed expertise.

DButt is smashing the pun game today and unfortunately nobody cares.

Every reporter in New York who ripped the Jets for not taking a chance on anyone is fishing for quotes from people so they can rip the Jets for taking a chance on someone.

Right about everything except me. I'm free love and happiness all around. Save the whales and whatnot. Nice marmot

This is a desperation move by Idzak. An attempt to keep his job for another 2-3 years so he can collect enough money to retire in style. Really can't blame him considering the salary he's being paid.

There is no way this clown gets another job in the NFL and I think he knows that considering his record so far. Ignoring glaring needs while his mantra of saving cap space and building thru the draft has been a utter disaster.

How can he trade for a obvious malcontent and pretty much a cancer. Is this what he saved the cap space for? 

Been a Jets fan for 45 years and this is the worst move I've ever seen. He trades for a injury prone prima donna after the season is over so he can tell Woody I gave Rex the players, it's not my fault.

Just an attempt to sabotage Rex and save his job.

Meanwhile the NFL has turned into the WWE, it is now obvious to me that the games are fixed to the extent that the officiating and outright cheating determines the winner and losers.

Great point. Carroll and Belichick also learned from prior mistakes on what they needed to get much better at to become truly successful, something Rex has never learned how to do. I love your last point about running a whole team. If I owned this team, I would do everything I could to get Nick Saban in here. I know it's the longest of longshots, but as the old saying goes " if you never ask, the answer is always no."

I guess we should be happy that you don't own the team then. Sabah was brutal in Miami and is a guy that always has one eye on the next opportunity

This is a desperation move by Idzak. An attempt to keep his job for another 2-3 years so he can collect enough money to retire in style. Really can't blame him considering the salary he's being paid.

There is no way this clown gets another job in the NFL and I think he knows that considering his record so far. Ignoring glaring needs while his mantra of saving cap space and building thru the draft has been a utter disaster.

How can he trade for a obvious malcontent and pretty much a cancer. Is this what he saved the cap space for? 

Been a Jets fan for 45 years and this is the worst move I've ever seen. He trades for a injury prone prima donna after the season is over so he can tell Woody I gave Rex the players, it's not my fault.

Meanwhile the NFL has turned into the WWE, it is now obvious to me that the games are fixed to the extent that the officiating and outright cheating determines the winner and losers.

a bit dramatic huh?

IF you think Percy is a poor route runner you need to watch more football. Dude routes are fine for a speed guy. Just because Seattle limited his route tree because they didnt know how to use him, does not mean he cant run routes. Watch is Minny highlights with Farve to see for yourselves.

Great point. Carroll and Belichick also learned from prior mistakes on what they needed to get much better at to become truly successful, something Rex has never learned how to do. I love your last point about running a whole team. If I owned this team, I would do everything I could to get Nick Saban in here. I know it's the longest of longshots, but as the old saying goes " if you never ask, the answer is always no."

This is a good reason why newbie shouldn't be talking about something higher than their pay grade.  So, Carroll and Belichick learned from their prior mistakes :character0182: .   Well, Carroll was fired again by the Pats cause he didn't learned enough from the Jets mistakes.  And it took almost a decade in College football to recover from it.   Bill Belichick after his debacle in Cleveland, he has to go back and learn the trade once again with his old mentor for 5 more years.  Yet Rex Ryan cant get a pass in first HC position, even though he had more success than both of them combined, including making it to the AFCC with a rookie QB that had 12 TD and 20 int. 

C'mon

This is a low risk, high reward move.   It cost the Jets a 6th round pick if the guy busts out.  At worst it cost them a 4th if he is an impact player.   The Jets had 3 4th round picks, and 4 6th round picks this year.  How many potential impact players did they get out of that?

Good trade

Archived