percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you watched that NFLN show "Finding Giants" at all? It's pretty interesting. Shows how many hands are in the draft process. Revealing how messy it can get.

and add to it the wringling bros circus and that is what our draft process is like.

All of the Harvin negativity is being channeled through one person, this Lance guy, which tells me he is doing a job he was paid to do. Smear Harvin and make surf public perception is that the Seahawks look good for this move.

Truth is, the Seahawks opted to keep Harvin over Tate last year. Everyone knows Tate is a douche. Everyone knows Baldwin is too.

There may be personality clash as a reality, but it's not as bad as being sold to make Seahawks look god right now.

None of these stories surfaced before now. None.

A5OgjlFc_normal.jpegLance Zierlein @LanceZierlein · 2h 2 hours ago

On this Percy Harvin story, if you don’t know about his background from HS or college, then you should check up on it.

0 replies

Wow...this guy acts butt hurt like Harvin personally offended him somewhere along the way. This sounds to personal.

Good point made by Jason Cole this morning, imo. Mike Vick could be a good mentor for Harvin.

Very refreshing to read your posts as a counterweight to all the negativity on the forum. Keep it up Tom!

The Return of Pete Carroll to New York. You heard it here last. :winking0001:

Isn't it amazing how a really competent QB, who doesn't turn the ball over can transform a mediocre POSITION coach into a top-line head coach? Pete Carroll was the prototype of Bill Belichick, both good defensive coordinators who weren't very good head coaches until they got the QBs. Now we have a guy who fit right in there with one exception, he doesn't even CARE to let it be known that he is clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. At least Carroll and Belichick had some idea of how to run a WHOLE team.

Maybe the price was higher a few weeks ago.

The Jets may very well have made this offer a few weeks ago, but Seattle held out in hopes of getting something more. Now with the trade deadline coming closer, they may have called Idzik and asked if his offer was still on the table.

Speculation, of course. But so is saying this was a desperation move by us.

That is one possibility. That the price went down.

There is the other possibility that after all the criticism Idzik's resolve of building via draft went down.

It is all speculation because we cannot confirm it.

Upon reading the web this morning:

1. The issues with Harvin were largely financial. Seattle opens up plenty of cap space moving forward and have too many big-ticket guys to sign (Wilson, Sherman, Bobby Wagner, etc)

2. Harvin gave Tate a black eye in a fight that resulted from Harvin coming to Russell Wilson's defense after Tate banged Wilson's wife/gf. Not too shabby, really.

3. Harvin refused to go back into last week's Cowboys game because he was pissed over playing time.

4. then there's this:

As one source explained it to PFT on Friday evening, the Seahawks possibly feared that Harvin had sufficient influence over enough of the locker room to launch a mutiny against quarterback Russell Wilson, who despite not yet getting a franchise-quarterback contract possibly has become the target of some resentment among players who don't share his complete devotion to the game, and who regard the third-year quarterback as a player-coach."

1. This should be obvious to people, but instead they believe the guy in Twitter

2. I said already both Tate and Baldwin are diodes. They opted to keep Harvin over Tate, which doesn't exactly scream 'Harvin is the problem'

3. This seems valid.

4. Conspiracy theories are fun.

What does that mean?

Do you really think the Jets can go 8-1 to have an outside shot at the playoffs?

why didn't the pats go after harvin ?  brady can't go deep anymore.  you aren't winning a single playoff game with that run defense and no deep passing threat at WR

Ok, so here is what I do not get.  Haven't read the whole thread, but for any Jets fan who's complaining about this move costing us draft positioning because we're winning multiple games because of Harvin now... That's a good thing.

If this player one player is capable of winning games on his own, and in doing so, elevate the level of Geno Smith's game to the point where we're winning games, that is probably a positive for this team.

Did the conditions ever come out?  I imagine it'd be pretty difficult to get a 2nd out of all this as well.

Per Mehta

Jets are cutting WR David Nelson, per source.

I'd like to see what that kid that they drafted Quincy Enunwa (6'2" 225 4.45/40) has. It's a shame that Nelson is obviously hurt this year because he was one of my favorite Jets last year, one of the few guys on the O-side of the ball that played with any kind of emotion 

What does that mean?

Do you really think the Jets can go 8-1 to have an outside shot at the playoffs?

I see a lot of potential now that our running game has a new chance at life. But I don't think we go 8-1. However I do see us winning just enough to continue our trend of mediocre draft picks and Perpetual Mediocrity

That is one possibility. That the price went down.

There is the other possibility that after all the criticism Idzik's resolve of building via draft went down.

It is all speculation because we cannot confirm it.

Its only 1 pick....he used 1 pick on Ivory...

I'd like to see what that kid that they drafted Quincy Enunwa (6'2" 225 4.45/40) has. It's a shame that Nelson is obviously hurt this year because he was one of my favorite Jets last year, one of the few guys on the O-side of the ball that played with any kind of emotion

I'd love to see Enunwa get Nelson's snaps, too.

Quite the departure from the Tanny days, btw. Idzik whacked Nelson a quarter of the way through a two year deal.

If love to see Enunwa get Nelson's snaps, too.

Quite the departure from the Tanny days, btw. Idzik whacked Nelson a quarter of the way through a two year deal.

pretty sure there wasn't much, if any, guaranteed $$$ in Nelson's deal....

Surprised to see that Nelson is the guy on the way out.  Would have guessed that between Powell, Graham, Owusu & Hakim -- that it would have been one of them.  Nelson has been a huge disappointment this season -- but I still find this surprising.

I assume that it also means that Salas is not expected to be out too long.

Surprised to see that Nelson is the guy on the way out. Would have guessed that between Powell, Graham, Owusu & Hakim -- that it would have been one of them. Nelson has been a huge disappointment this season -- but I still find this surprising.

I assume that it also means that Salas is not expected to be out too long.

Iirc, Nelson doesn't play special teams.

Isn't it amazing how a really competent QB, who doesn't turn the ball over can transform a mediocre POSITION coach into a top-line head coach? Pete Carroll was the prototype of Bill Belichick, both good defensive coordinators who weren't very good head coaches until they got the QBs. Now we have a guy who fit right in there with one exception, he doesn't even CARE to let it be known that he is clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. At least Carroll and Belichick had some idea of how to run a WHOLE team.

Great point. Carroll and Belichick also learned from prior mistakes on what they needed to get much better at to become truly successful, something Rex has never learned how to do. I love your last point about running a whole team. If I owned this team, I would do everything I could to get Nick Saban in here. I know it's the longest of longshots, but as the old saying goes " if you never ask, the answer is always no."

Archived