The balls on this guy: Geno: A coaching change could be good

Lizard King

It could be more that Geno is just an awful QB period. He's certainly one of the dumbest and that will affect his play. The QB's coach Lee has had a lot of success in the league. It's certainly telling that he can't get anything of Geno.

Yes Rex takes a share of the blame, but look at what he has had to work with: Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy, Simms. Just reading that list makes you want to vomit. 

Geno is terrible, but what success has Lee had? 

Those entitled x, y, or whatever generation they are called do not understand what is wrong with Geno's statement because they were raised with entitlement and getting trophies for last place..

But there's the older gen that believes people who live in glass house should not throw stones.

"To reset and re-adjust is a tough thing to do, but we're professionals and we have to do it," Smith continued. "A change could be good for us all, so if it happens -- when it happens -- then we'll see."

The man gets it. Geno's going to break out in 2015 and everyone's going to be like whaaaaat.

Every time Geno opens his mouth he reaches new heights of stupidity.  

Geno's biggest fan

Some Geno jokes

Q: Why can't Geno Smith use the phone anymore?
A: Because he can't find the receiver.

Q: Why does President Obama want to send Jets QB Geno Smith to Syria?
A: The CIA are convinced Geno is the only American who can overthrow Bashir Assad.

I assumed that Geno was gone and we only had to worry about Rex or Idzik being retained. Better not be wrong.

Unless Geno can play special teams, good luck with the cars and the watches and everything else that goes with the Vince Young package.

SAR I

He's an idiot.  I was a big Geno supporter but some of the crap this year forget him.  Late to a team meeting and saying his cell phone time was off.  Then the comments he made.  Maybe they came out wrong but still.  If he doesn't like Rex let him say it after he is let go.  Don't say it now.

Don't forget the penis selfie.

SAR I

check out the balls on this guy:

Geno Smith: 'Change could be good'

Rich Cimini [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | December 22, 2014

As the New York Jets prepare for what figures to be a tumultuous offseason, several players have publicly supported Rex Ryan, saying they don't want to see the coach fired.

On Monday, quarterback Geno Smith said change could be a good thing.

Smith, who went through a coaching change at West Virginia, said "it's all about what you make of it. I think the toughest part about it is not being able to continue to play for the same coach, the same guy that you learned to love, you invest so much in, and you believe (in) them.

Rex Ryan

Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images

Rex Ryan and the Jets have missed the playoffs four straight years, so it would not be unexpected if he were to be fired. Quarterback Geno Smith said it would be tough but could help turn the team around.

"To reset and re-adjust is a tough thing to do, but we're professionals and we have to do it," Smith continued. "A change could be good for us all, so if it happens -- when it happens -- then we'll see."

On Sunday, the Jets (3-12) will close out what could be their worst year since 1996. For most of the season, speculation has been swirling about the future of Ryan and general manager John Idzik.

Ryan has missed the playoffs four straight years, so it would not be unexpected if he were to be fired. Nevertheless, many of his players are pulling for him.

Tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson, one of the two longest-tenured players on the team, took the opposite view of Smith, endorsing the status quo.

"We definitely love Rex and we'd love to have him another year," Ferguson said. "That feeling is throughout the whole locker room.

"At this point, everyone wants to find the perfect answer, but I don't know if there's a perfect answer," he continued. "But if we were just to clear everything out, I think that has its own issues with it. Who knows what that would bring? You have to make sure you analyze it all, the pros and cons of every decision."

In Smith's case, he benefitted from the change in college, thriving in Dana Holgorsen's pass-oriented offense. That experience probably is the basis for his opinion.

Ferguson, who was drafted by the Jets in 2006, has undergone only one coaching change - in 2009, when Ryan replaced Eric Mangini. The Jets made it to the AFC Championship Game that year.

"I don't think we're very far away," Ferguson said. "If we preserve what we have and just strategically make some switches here and there, we'd be far better off than trying to clear everything and start fresh."

He's right. Right on Geno. Nothing could be better than Rex and all his ineptitude to be shown the door. Soon

The only reason he wasn't on the bench all season is because the Jets were willing to give him a shot no matter how bad he was.  Any other team in the league would've benched him a long time ago.

The coaching staff has been the boat anchor holding Geno back from reaching his Pro Bowl potential.

Geno has held himself back, The guy does not do what other qb do during games, Why isn't he standing with MM on the sidelines or reviewing the last series on the tablet. YOu don't see him speaking to his oline on blocking assignments, or his WR on reads. 

Now why the hell does Rex not tell him to do so can be laid at his doorstep. Rex's biggest shortcoming as a head coach is the perceived lack of accountability. He seems to value effort the same as results.

The only reason he wasn't on the bench all season is because the Jets were willing to give him a shot no matter how bad he was. Any other team in the league would've benched him a long time ago.

After all, Rex has a quick hook with his QBs. Proactive like a mother****er.

After all, Rex has a quick hook with his QBs. Proactive like a mother****er.

Under Ryan Brady would be selling insurance going on a decade, Russell Wilson would be coaching QBs at 1AA somewhere. GROUND AND POUND! 3 YARDS AND CLOUD OF DUST! DE-FENSE!

Rex Ryan, the NFL's phoniest of tough guys, daring to be an offensive pussy.

Geno Smith is a goddamn dumbass. 

Geno has held himself back, The guy does not do what other qb do during games, Why isn't he standing with MM on the sidelines or reviewing the last series on the tablet. YOu don't see him speaking to his oline on blocking assignments, or his WR on reads. 

Now why the hell does Rex not tell him to do so can be laid at his doorstep. Rex's biggest shortcoming as a head coach is the perceived lack of accountability. He seems to value effort the same as results.

People on this board have often brought up Eli Manning as a point of comparison, Would note he and every other long-term starting QB is talking to people between series, looking at the photos or the iPad, trying to figure out what worked and what didn't what to do next what might be good next series. I've never seen Smith do anything but mope  around with that dumb disappointed look on his face like a kid who didn't get ice cream after the little league game. Now either the CS isn't telling him to do it or he's too stupid to grasp it's required for the job. Either way more proof this CS is a mess at dealing with QBs. And even people who have been NFL QBs like Steve Young and Trent Dilfer have said as much. 

I'm struck by two things in this thread.

1) All Geno said was that if the change is made, they all have to be professionals, pull themselves together and give their best effort.  He also said "when it happens" as a another way of saying, "Don't anticipate, it might not happen".

2)  This board has to have the most detailed analysis of football player penis selfies on the internet.

Whoosh.  Right over your head.

Not to defend Geno, but as I said in another post, the Jets have had so many young players under Ryan's watch that turned out to be duds, one has to wonder, "Did all these young players really suck or did the coaching staff do anything to actually teach these guys?"

I think Geno could benefit from a Parcells figure who wouldn't be afraid to scream at him on the sidelines when he screwed up, and actually taught him some sort of technique.

Archived