GM/Coach wardrobe logistics

DoubleU

It's puzzling to me how a GM/coach can fly up for an evening or day for an interview, wind up being interviewed and wined and dined, offered and accept a position and end up staying for a week or more putting a staff together. How long can these guys live out of a suitcase? Have they been home yet? In our case, Houston and Arizona. Or maybe it's a lifestyle and their wives know just what to FedEx them.

It's puzzling to me how a GM/coach can fly up for an evening or day for an interview, wind up being interviewed and wined and dined, offered and accept a position and end up staying for a week or more putting a staff together. How long can these guys live out of a suitcase? Have they been home yet? In our case, Houston and Arizona. Or maybe it's a lifestyle and their wives know just what to FedEx them.

I have no idea but this might be my favorite thread ever. I LOL'ed never really thought about this stuff.

As far as clothing, I'm sure the Jets are taking care of all those expenses, probably have a girl from the office taking care of all the shopping. Doubt they've been home, these guys actually seem like they mean business.

When I read that part I wasn't sure where you were going to go with this.  :winking0001:

As far as clothing, I'm sure the Jets are taking care of all those expenses, probably have a girl from the office taking care of all the shopping. Doubt they've been home, these guys actually seem like they mean business.

You know, this girl has been here since the Herm era and it has not gone well at all.  She needs to be gone, like yesterday.  Isn't there a girl from the Seahawks we can pilfer.  Or maybe Wolf can bring in somebody.  46 years.....

You've never taken a vacation?

Whenever I travel, I bring about 8 pairs of underwear with me. Even if it's a day trip. No telling what could happen really. 

Also, I have a leaky a$$hole.

I just returned from 10 days in Hong Kong and on the flight over I got violently ill, Norovirus or God knows what, nausea, vomit, diahrea for 15 hours.

Flight attendants did a great job, really nice to fly in lie-flat business class seats on these occassions. I only travel with half the underwear I need (I have hotel do laundry at the mid-point) so it was high-risk but I survived without a leakage event.

SAR I

I just returned from 10 days in Hong Kong and on the flight over I got violently ill, Norovirus or God knows what, nausea, vomit, diahrea for 15 hours.

Flight attendants did a great job, really nice to fly in lie-flat business class seats on these occassions. I only travel with half the underwear I need (I have hotel do laundry at the mid-point) so it was high-risk but I survived without a leakage event.

SAR I

Congratulations.

From Newsday.... January 20

The Jets will formally introduce general manager Mike Maccagnan and coach Todd Bowles Wednesday at 11 a.m., one week after the organization officially announced their hirings.

According to people close to the Jets' situation, the delay had to do with the logistics of packing and relocating families.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-to-introduce-mike-maccagnan-todd-bowles-wednesday-1.9823585

From Newsday.... January 20

The Jets will formally introduce general manager Mike Maccagnan and coach Todd Bowles Wednesday at 11 a.m., one week after the organization officially announced their hirings.

According to people close to the Jets' situation, the delay had to do with the logistics of packing and relocating families.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-to-introduce-mike-maccagnan-todd-bowles-wednesday-1.9823585

Damn Woody - he wouldn't pay the movers to pack also. He is always cutting corners. :)

Archived