Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about Brady.  As with every QB ever to play the game, it's all about the grip you get on the football.

QB's with smaller hands like the ball underinflated and QB's with larger hands like the ball overinflated.

Unless there is a videotape out there showing Brady actually sticking needles in the balls or the ballboy claiming Brady paid him $100 (Brady's a tight ass) a game to deflate the balls, nothing will ever happen to Brady.

Not all about Brady.  Under inflated balls are easier for Running backs and receivers to secure and more difficult for defenders to knock loose.

I would think the running backs and running back coaches would have to be aware of these modifications as well.  Bettis and Brunell were very clear on SC this morning that the under inflated balls confer a "huge advantage" in both respects.

The Colts balls were not retested at halftime, only before the game.

The report I saw, by an ex-official, stated that all the Pats' balls were under inflated, but none of the Colts' balls were under inflated. It would not make sense to make a statement like that if the tests were done only on one set of balls at a given time. And this is a correction to the thread title: All the Pats' balls were tested to be under inflated. Eleven of them were under inflated by 2 pounds. The 12th ball by a different amount.

Thing is.... they don't need to cheat, they would have kicked the Colts asses anyway.

The friggin arrogance of theses NE dooshes!

DC, it's bigger than the Indianapolis game.

The problem with this falls under the probabilities of the entire season as well as a week ago with the game against the Ravens at Gillette.

9 games to be affected by this whole issue. Thats whats in question and if it's true, Belichick deserves to be banned for an entire season.

Of course this won't happen till after the Superbowl.

btw, anyone who thinks this is the only cheating the Pats do is fooling themselves.  I guarantee a deep look would find dozens of equally "small" cheating going on every week under B.B.

The worst of it is the constant holding and pick plays.  They have taken the position that if they do it on every play the League will not throw a flag on every play so they get away with it time and time again.

Here's what I originally wrote:

Your response to the above was "that is untrue."

How is it untrue?

Oh, because you'd rather focus on a tiny percentage of fans who scramble to buy SB tickets during or after the Championship games. 

Your entire argument is based solely on that when in fact what I said holds true for 90+% of the people involved.

Nice try. (rolleyes)

Where do you get it from that it's a tiny percentage?

In addition to the tickets themselves, there is a lot of $ that changes hands once the teams are known, and those people can't necessarily be made whole. You can believe otherwise, or believe that it doesn't matter because they're only Patriots fans or whatever.

Your solution is unrealistic and borne out of spite. I'm sympathetic to it but it would never happen. The time to do that was halftime.

DC, it's bigger than the Indianapolis game.

The problem with this falls under the probabilities of the entire season as well as a week ago with the game against the Ravens at Gillette.

9 games to be affected by this whole issue. Thats whats in question and if it's true, Belichick deserves to be banned for an entire season.

Of course this won't happen till after the Superbowl.

If Seahawks kick the living sh!t out of them any punishment from the league afterwards will be icing on the cake. 

WOw...just wow. Beli threw Brady under the bus.

I am not surprised Brady is heavily involved in this. But for Belicheat to try to pull off the "I don't know" routine is interesting to say the least. Now the ball (no pun) is in Brady's court. He can bend over and take it or he can push back. Sheet just got interesting.

this is what i felt also.  he basically said, not my issue go talk to the QB.

hard to tell how big of an inpact this is but it's got to be clear to people that this has been going on for a while.  it's not like they just suddenly did it.

wonder what other people are telling the league now about whether they suspected this in previous games.  indy thought the balls were deflated earlier this year.

wonder if the pats win if both guys retire at the end of the year.

hard to tell how big of an inpact this is but it's got to be clear to people that this has been going on for a while.  it's not like they just suddenly did it.

wonder what other people are telling the league now about whether they suspected this in previous games.  indy thought the balls were deflated earlier this year.

Its pretty obvious Brady has been having ballboy do this his entire career.

Coaches responsibility same as CEO responsibility. "I didn't know my team cheated" is not a defense.

Brady 1 year suspension 250k fine.

Bellichick 1 year suspension 500k fine.

Patriots lose top 2 draft picks and cap reduced by $10M for 2016.

I hope we put an end to this 1 year suspension idea. Where does that come from ?

Sean Payton got one year suspension for his first transgression.

This is Beli's and Pats second transgression. The punishment has to be exponentially worse. So it has to be a lot more that one year suspension and just 2 draft picks for the Pats.

Also, at some point NFL has to consider taking out both Beli and Brady out of HOF contention. They are too tainted to enter the HOF.

After the Pats trumped up "tampering" charge, if I'm the Jets, I tell the NFL that we suspected this for the past three years.

Doesn't even matter if that's true or not.  **** them and their petty asses.

In listening again to BB's press conference I have this question.

As a legendary defensive coordinator and brilliant coach does Bill Belichick expect people to believe that he does not know that an under-inflated football is easier for a runner to secure and therefore harder for defenders to strip?

Because he claims to have never talked to any coach, ever about football air pressure.  Does that even begin pass the smell test?

In listening again to BB's press conference I have this question.

As a legendary defensive coordinator and brilliant coach does Bill Belichick expect people to believe that he does not know that an under-inflated football is easier for a runner to secure and therefore harder for defenders to strip?

Because he claims to have never talked to any coach, ever about football air pressure.  Does that even begin pass the smell test?

Not it doesn't. It's what a cockroach does when the light comes on. 

I hope we put an end to this 1 year suspension idea. Where does that come from ?

Sean Payton got one year suspension for his first transgression.

This is Beli's and Pats second transgression. The punishment has to be exponentially worse. So it has to be a lot more that one year suspension and just 2 draft picks for the Pats.

Also, at some point NFL has to consider taking out both Beli and Brady out of HOF contention. They are too tainted to enter the HOF.

I see your point and agree. That's why I brought up adding in a cap hit as well. IMO, that's going to hurt the franchise more than anything else.

DeflateGate: Adam Schefter Reports NFL Struggling to Find Evidence

By Rich Hill  @PP_Rich_Hill on Jan 22 2015, 11:44a 26 

usa-today-8341595.0.jpg
Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports

ESPN's top reporter is saying that the NFL is having a difficult time finding evidence that the Patriots tampered with the footballs.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is on television reporting some important information regarding DeflateGate.

Per Schefter, the league might be able to release their findings at some point today. He also says that the NFL is sturggling to collect any evidence that the Patriots knowingly affected the football, and that the burden of proof lies with the league to determine guilt. If the league cannot find evidence that the Patriots tampered with the football, then there's nothing that should happen to New England.

It's likely that any league information will wait until after Tom Brady's 4 PM press conference, but early leaks are entirely possible.

This would absolutely be the best case scenario for the Patriots and it would allow everyone to move on and start discussing the Super Bowl that's expected to happen the first week of February.

We'll try to provide footage of Schefter's discussion and if you have video, please post it in the comments section.

DeflateGate: Adam Schefter Reports NFL Struggling to Find Evidence

By Rich Hill @PP_Rich_Hill on Jan 22 2015, 11:44a 26

usa-today-8341595.0.jpg

ESPN's top reporter is saying that the NFL is having a difficult time finding evidence that the Patriots tampered with the footballs.

TWEET (28) SHARE (8) SHARE

ESPN's Adam Schefter is on television reporting some important information regarding DeflateGate.

Per Schefter, the league might be able to release their findings at some point today. He also says that the NFL is sturggling to collect any evidence that the Patriots knowingly affected the football, and that the burden of proof lies with the league to determine guilt. If the league cannot find evidence that the Patriots tampered with the football, then there's nothing that should happen to New England.

It's likely that any league information will wait until after Tom Brady's 4 PM press conference, but early leaks are entirely possible.

This would absolutely be the best case scenario for the Patriots and it would allow everyone to move on and start discussing the Super Bowl that's expected to happen the first week of February.

We'll try to provide footage of Schefter's discussion and if you have video, please post it in the comments section.

Oh jeez...they're gonna get away with it aren't they.

DeflateGate: Adam Schefter Reports NFL Struggling to Find Evidence

By Rich Hill  @PP_Rich_Hill on Jan 22 2015, 11:44a 26 

usa-today-8341595.0.jpg

Here we go.....

Archived