Bills trade for Vikings QB Matt Cassel

Morrissey

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no idea that Komodo dragons were even dangerous.

amazing reptile.  fast over short distances, razor sharp teeth and their bite packs a dose of deadly infection.  they bite you, move away and wait for you to die then eat your dead body

bwahahahahahaha !!!!!

How do you fight off a Komodo dragon?

I've done years worth of research on this, as well as watched an episode of Crocodile Hunter on the topic several times over. I think you are best off staying to the sides. They are too fast from the front, and the tail is a killer. Never stand right in front and try to get to high ground, high up in a tree if possible.

44 slots at the end of the draft way more important than a possible starting QB.

the horror.

ehh, it's about opportunity cost.

Is someone like Matt Moore + the early fifth better then Cassel? I think yes, of course the fifth could turn out to be a guy who doesn't even make the team.. but it could turn out to be Richard Sherman (5th rd pick)

The more accurate way to look at this is, where would you draft Matt Cassel this year?

A: 23rd round

Exactly the biggest Thief in NFL is matt cassell, the dude has robbed some $30M  for complete suckage, might as well sign Captain JonE for half the cost

ehh, it's about opportunity cost.

Is someone like Matt Moore + the early fifth better then Cassel? I think yes, of course the fifth could turn out to be a guy who doesn't even make the team.. but it could turn out to be Richard Sherman (5th rd pick)

They need a QB and didn't feel like getting in bidding wars for the suspect list of FA's.  Now that they have a viable option they can concentrate on making the best picks and not feel obligated to draft a QB early on.  Not to mention I don't think they're ready to give up on Manuel so they just need a veteran presence who can win games if necessary.

As a person who loves statistics you know better than to cite an outlier like Richard Sherman when it comes to late round selections.

They need a QB and didn't feel like getting in bidding wars for the suspect list of FA's.  Now that they have a viable option they can concentrate on making the best picks and not feel obligated to draft a QB early on.  Not to mention I don't think they're ready to give up on Manuel so they just need a veteran presence who can win games if necessary.

As a person who loves statistics you know better than to cite an outlier like Richard Sherman when it comes to late round selections.

As a person who loves statistics more I can tell you that everything you are labeling Cassell as is 100% wrong.

Well, that's why you spend the time to put a value on these picks. The chances of hitting at Sherman level are tiny, the chances of getting a contributing player less small. I'm too lazy to do the math, but I'm guessing this trade values Cassel at around late 5/early 6.. if I have the details right... too much

I hope they don't do it, but Buffalo could get back the same value of that 5th round downgrade by trading down a whopping 3 slots in round 3.

Same thing with people screaming bloody murder over the 4th for Harvin. If you don't want him, fine. But if you'd keep him if not for the 4th, it's ridiculous. Trade down 8 slots in round 2 and the 6th rounder is a 4th again. If the 4th rounder was sooooo imperative, we'd be crazy not to do this.

amazing reptile.  fast over short distances, razor sharp teeth and their bite packs a dose of deadly infection.  they bite you, move away and wait for you to die then eat your dead body

bwahahahahahaha !!!!!

Sounds an awful lot like a woman on cursory inspection. 

I hope they don't do it, but Buffalo could get back the same value of that 5th round downgrade by trading down a whopping 3 slots in round 3.

A very early fifth is worth 3 slots in rd 3? 

no

Yeah you guys got me. Matt Cassell is so good that's why 75,000 Chiefs fans were cheering him getting injured in 2012.

McCoy is not that good he had 4.2 ypc and 5 touchdowns last year playing in an offense specifically built for him. He did not explode through the hole. Kelly got rid of him for a reason. Best running back/top 5 my ass.

Do your homework gentlemen.

What happened to Philly's oline, last year was more of an influence on his lack of production than anything else.  I think they had 10 different guys start 4 games last year.  Then in 2013 all 5 played and started every game and look at his production then. 

It's not the value of a 5th. It's the value of downgrading from the early 5th to a mid-6th.

Correct.

- Bottom 30 two years ago last time he was healthy.

- Worse than Geno Smith last year.

- Will be 33 and is coming off IR.

And downgrading from early 5 to mid 6 for this rather than just signing a FA is better because...

didn't they give up an early seventh too? 

7th in 2016. It has no (chart) trade value on paper. Technically it would be the value of an 8th round pick in 2015 but there is no 8th round.

It's a rounding error throw-in that, again, is nothing to recover if that much value is placed upon it. On paper, the value of dropping down 1 slot in round 4 is worth more than a dozen of them. If anyone can demonstrate the annual, historical significance between the 110th and 111th pick (or wherever Buffalo selects) then I'll stand corrected.

People get way caught up in picks that are easy to recover.

7th in 2016. It has no (chart) trade value on paper. Technically it would be the value of an 8th round pick in 2015 but there is no 8th round.

It's a rounding error throw-in that, again, is nothing to recover if that much value is placed upon it. On paper, the value of dropping down 1 slot in round 4 is worth more than a dozen of them. If anyone can demonstrate the annual, historical significance between the 110th and 111th pick (or wherever Buffalo selects) then I'll stand corrected.

People get way caught up in picks that are easy to recover.

ahh, thought it was this year. Is any of this confirmed yet?

Correct.

- Bottom 30 two years ago last time he was healthy.

- Worse than Geno Smith last year.

- Will be 33 and is coming off IR.

And downgrading from early 5 to mid 6 for this rather than just signing a FA is better because...

I didn't say it was a great move. I suggested it's not a big deal to drop down from a late round pick to a later late pick.

I didn't say it was a great move. I suggested it's not a big deal to drop down from a late round pick to a later late pick.

Ah, gotcha. Sure, it's not a disastrous move, and you can always move up or down where ever you want to go, but this is still dumb. A pointless sunk cost.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2015.php

44 slots. Before comp picks.

For Matt Cassell.

Rex.

Upgrades.

Rex.  As usual, he is on the hook for all personnel moves.  I would like to note that Whaley has been making some crazy moves up there for quite some time.  He made the big trade up for Watkins, and made a move for Bryce Brown.  Lured Orton out of retirement with an $11M deal. The guy was not shy even before Rex came along.

Rex. As usual, he is on the hook for all personnel moves. I would like to note that Whaley has been making some crazy moves up there for quite some time. He made the big trade up for Watkins, and made a move for Bryce Brown. Lured Orton out of retirement with an $11M deal. The guy was not shy even before Rex came along.

Poor guy can't catch a break

Idiot: Dumbasses be like "He played for the Billz under Gailey! He's a priority!".

Brilliant football mind: I never said he was a priority.

Idiot: Yea rite.

Brilliant football mind: No, chap. See, this is what I wrote. Poor lad. Hath you not the ability to read?

Idiot: Ur stupid.

The Trolled.

Archived