Bowe Will Be Cut Or Traded

Jet9

Like you, I've never been a big fan, or much of a fan at all.

Me neither. Underachiever who drops balls. Looks like he might have lost a step? Probably gets paid more then he deserves. Could be wrong but not interested in the Jets taking that chance fwiw.  Was never really explosive to begin with. 

Dwayne Bowe 60 for 754 + 30 years old = retire

Brandon Marshall 61 for 721 + 30 years old = Happy to trade a pick and pay him $8M

lol

What makes it so incredible is that they had the identical careers (including recent careers) heading into 2014. And Bowe sustained the same lingering ankle injury early on, prior to getting his lung collapsed with 3.5 games left on the calendar. Also people forget it was just 3 short seasons ago that Bowe had a whopping 801-yard season!

;)

It was just a funny Bo/Bowe Knows joke. I guess maybe they've been done to death in KC by now, but it was new to me.

I think of Bowe like the football version of Joe Johnson.  Good player with huge contract.  People forget that he is a good player because his contract is so big.  He got cut, you can sign him for whatever.  Probably a more sensible lower cost option than Marshall or Andre Johnson.  Much less likely to cause a disturbance than either.  I would kick the tires on him.  If you can get him for decent money he fills a need.  Obviously I am looking to continue paying him top tier money, but I am not interested in doing that for Stevie Johnson or Brandon Marshall either.

Dwayne Bowe 60 for 754 + 30 years old = retire

Brandon Marshall 61 for 721 + 30 years old = Happy to trade a pick and pay him $8M 

Brandon Marshall: 8 TDs in 13 games last year, while being hobbled almost the entire season.

Dwayne Bowe: 8 TDs in the last three years combined.

Brandon Marshall: 8 TDs in 13 games last year, while being hobbled almost the entire season.

Dwayne Bowe: 8 TDs in the last three years combined.

I am not saying they are the same player.  I am saying that it is kind of unfair to think the guy doesn't offer anything when you are looking to deal for and pay the other. People here are making excuses for Stevie Johnson like he is a relative, but Bowe is getting bashed for not being able to produce getting passes from Cassel and Alex Smith running next to Dexter McCluster and Jonathan Baldwin?  Exactly the type of guy I would lowball and hope, unless they are serious about going young and have a better grasp on scouting WRs than Idzik and his staff.

I am not saying they are the same player.  I am saying that it is kind of unfair to think the guy doesn't offer anything when you are looking to deal for and pay the other. People here are making excuses for Stevie Johnson like he is a relative, but Bowe is getting bashed for not being able to produce getting passes from Cassel and Alex Smith running next to Dexter McCluster and Jonathan Baldwin?  Exactly the type of guy I would lowball and hope, unless they are serious about going young and have a better grasp on scouting WRs than Idzik and his staff.

Bowe has had one great season. A third of his career touchdowns came in that year. When I watch him play, he looks old, slow, and completely unwilling to fight for the ball. If there's a safety in his general vicinity, his hands aren't even going up above his head.

Curtis Conway V 2.0 if he comes here.

Bowe has had one great season. A third of his career touchdowns came in that year. When I watch him play, he looks old, slow, and completely unwilling to fight for the ball. If there's a safety in his general vicinity, his hands aren't even going up above his head.

Curtis Conway V 2.0 if he comes here.

Eh maybe.  I admit I have not watched many Chiefs games the past couple of years.  OTOH, his production has never been horrible with some sh*t QBs.  To me the issue is more with expectations.  Curtis Conway did what 50 for 600 when he was here?  That would probably be fine with me.  I wouldn't expect a guy like a savior.  Just a floor. Obviously, like everybody it depends on the cost.  The spot where it would be bad around here would be if they strike out on some big names then hand a guy like this a decent contract.  Everybody will be comparing him to Smith, Crabtree and Cobb and he is not going to look good in that comparison.  I tend to think they will want more yac guys for Gailey, so this is probably a non-starter even if he is fairly cheap.

I think of Bowe like the football version of Joe Johnson.  Good player with huge contract.  People forget that he is a good player because his contract is so big.  He got cut, you can sign him for whatever.  Probably a more sensible lower cost option than Marshall or Andre Johnson.  Much less likely to cause a disturbance than either.  I would kick the tires on him.  If you can get him for decent money he fills a need.  Obviously I am looking to continue paying him top tier money, but I am not interested in doing that for Stevie Johnson or Brandon Marshall either.

Marshall is already under contract and doesn't make top tier money, though.

I'd rather sign the better player and not get our money's worth on the difference (if Bowe could be had for $5M per), than spend smarter at WR and with other FAs we'll keep for a minimum of 3 years, only to use up the savings to fund 1 year of Darrelle Revis.

Marshall is already under contract and doesn't make top tier money, though.

I'd rather sign the better player and not get our money's worth on the difference (if Bowe could be had for $5M per), than spend smarter at WR and with other FAs we'll keep for a minimum of 3 years, only to use up the savings to fund 1 year of Darrelle Revis.

Marshall is getting $8-9M. That might not be top tier anymore, but it is not exactly a bargain.  Generally, I don't want somebody else's headache.  I am playing devil's advocate with Bowe. He is far from the top of my list.  Before I trade another pick for Marshall I'd probably hang on to Harvin. 

Funny, when we look at these guys I see Harvin as Spiller, Ivory as Jackson and Bowe as Nelson.  Amaro for Chandler and Decker for Johnson.  Wouldn't be a bad version of the 2011 Bills offense.  Geno would have no excuse not to put up those sweet, sweet Ryan Fitzpatrick numbers!

Archived