Jets file tampering charges against the Patriots

Matt39

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's petty and not going to stick.

And the Jets didn't file the charge hoping or thinking it would stick, it sends a message to the Pats that they were petty to begin with for filing the tampering charge on Woody back in January, and it also puts the league in a bit of a precarious position because now they can't punish one team without the other.  If anything, the Jets would be more than happy to see the leverage of their own charge wipe out the stupid tampering charge the Pats initiated, which was clearly agenda driven, and based on their well documented and persistent insecurity and hate for the Jets organization.

Again, well done Woody and Macc!

They said pretty much the same exact thing, but Kraft's statement is more inexcusable because he said it after he filed charges. What an idiot

More inexcusable because Kraft had an arrogance in his comments, and he had actually made the same comments on two different occasions, on two different days.

Thursday night opener he we come!

I hope so! Pats usually start off a little slow, defense (our teams strength) is usually ahead of offense (Pats strength), and it will make for a great game.

More than likely it will be a non division opponent like Pittsburgh or Philly because the Jets/Pats would be a draw any week at this point. Who knows for sure though.....I'm certainly still holding out hope it's us!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I seriously cant believe what Im reading here.  The Jets are a petty pathetic organization with this ridiculous move.

Was the Patriots initial complaint stupid? Yes. But at least that one was before Revis was signed to a new deal.  Kraft talking about Revis after his new deal is a completely different animal.  Its all stupid and this just make the Jets look even more pathetic to the NFL.  

Stop being homers.  You're making us look like morons.

Lol, Goddell will swap second round picks between the teams and call it even.   

The timing seems odd to me, that Kraft would go out of his way twice to do so, when he clearly knows it will be construed as tampering.  Either, him and Woody got together, felt this was overblown so he did it twice to even it out and let it die.  Or there is some kind of baiting, whereas if the Jets file the charges, they would therefore accept that what they did was tampering, and get a decision against them.  And then Kraft could be betting that any decision about the charges the Jets filed wouldn't be resolved before this upcoming draft, so they would only be punished for next year's draft, thus they ensure a more valuable pick, since the immediate one of the same level is worth more than the future one.  

Lol, Goddell will swap second round picks between the teams and call it even.   

The timing seems odd to me, that Kraft would go out of his way twice to do so, when he clearly knows it will be construed as tampering.  Either, him and Woody got together, felt this was overblown so he did it twice to even it out and let it die.  Or there is some kind of baiting, whereas if the Jets file the charges, they would therefore accept that what they did was tampering, and get a decision against them.  And then Kraft could be betting that any decision about the charges the Jets filed wouldn't be resolved before this upcoming draft, so they would only be punished for next year's draft, thus they ensure a more valuable pick, since the immediate one of the same level is worth more than the future one.  

it was just some owners make innocuous statements without regard to the silly tampering rules the NFL has in place.  Pats pointed it out because it was before Revis had a new deal.  Jets retaliated because theyre pathetic.   

I seriously cant believe what Im reading here.  The Jets are a petty pathetic organization with this ridiculous move.

Was the Patriots initial complaint stupid? Yes. But at least that one was before Revis was signed to a new deal.  Kraft talking about Revis after his new deal is a completely different animal.  Its all stupid and this just make the Jets look even more pathetic to the NFL.  

You need lighten up.

Pathetic SOJF type of response

The bold means absolutely nothing, the rule isn't just about players who are either FA, or could possibly be FA's, and just because Kraft made the comments after Revis signed a contract with the Jets doesn't excuse any NFL exec from commenting on a player that is under contract with another team, that is the tampering rule, and it is pretty clear.

it was just some owners make innocuous statements without regard to the silly tampering rules the NFL has in place.  Pats pointed it out because it was before Revis had a new deal.  Jets retaliated because theyre pathetic.   

By the letter of the law, why can't the Jets retaliate for the same offense?  

Johnson was asked a leading question by a reporter, and he talked about Revis.  Revis was still under contract, and the Pats held the option to pick it up.  They didn't have to make Revis a free agent.  Same issue with the Jets next year, what if the Jets want to re-negotiate a contract with Revis, but now he knows Kraft would want him back?

Both charges are petty, but you can't excuse one, and then argue the other is petty, when both are petty.  By rule, either they are both petty or both valid, because the rule violation is exactly the same.  I think the initial charge was petty, but since the charge is sticking and they are investigating, I understand why the Jets had to counter.  

Woody gonna' Woody.

Jets gonna' Jets.

Jet fans gonna' Jet fans.

The fact that you don't find this embarrassing doesn't even surprise me.

"Yes! Good job, Woody! I love this move! This is awesome!"

Epic fail.

You're giving us a draft pick. Bank on it.

$50 to Wounded Warrior that never happens. You down? Loser has to make the donation in the name of "(Winner) is better at life than (Loser)"

Woody gonna' Woody.

Jets gonna' Jets.

Epic fail.

So are the asterisks. GTFO

That ******* bullsh*t, it was a dumb remark made by Woody in which he personally called up Kraft and apologized for. If anything's petty, it's the Pats for filing the charges when Woody apologized.

Get off the Pats nuts.

Woody gonna' Woody.

Jets gonna' Jets.

Epic fail.

Enjoy that 7th round pick and the cloud of doubt on your organization.

Woody gonna' Woody.

Jets gonna' Jets.

Epic fail.

Moron, you are so far up Kraft's backside you don't even see it's the same exact thing.

You'll get NOTHING and like it

Woody gonna' Woody.

Jets gonna' Jets.

Epic fail.

Wicked a$$hole, you were bragging the Revis was staying a Patriot! HA! HA!

Woody gonna' Woody.

Jets gonna' Jets.

Epic fail.

you should eat my kling-on riddled a$$hole

I was thinking this before I read this tweet.  If  Woody saying he'd love Revis back is the basis around the Pats tamper charge, how isn't kraft saying he wished Revis  was still a Patriot not the same thing?

true, long range, but true.......... bastids........... Kraft is a bahstid who buys hollywood screen tests for 20 year old gold digger bimbo whilst his wife still warm in ground.... I guess he learned his Hubby skills from Belly

Yea sure. Whatever you say. 

Woody gonna' Woody.

Jets gonna' Jets.

Epic fail.

Again, why on Earth do you think Revis would have ANY interest in signing with the Jets? NOT THAT HE'S EVEN A FREE AGENT, but why? "The fans?" LOL

Revis had a relationship with Rex Ryan. That was the only possible reason he might have had to go back to a team that doesn't win anything. Incase you forgot, you fired Rex, and Rex signed with the Bills. It's all moot anyway, because he's going to remain a Patriot, but if he was going to go somewhere else based on former loyalties, it would now be Buffalo, not the Jets.

Archived