Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

I think time will tell. Can't wait for the 2015 Season to begin.

You will have no quarteback play and your opponents will stuff the box in such a way that even LeSean McCoy will average a measly 3 yards a carry every down for the entirety of his tenure.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't followed Idzik but I do agree that Rex has been honest.  

He's a fat slimeball. It takes class to not make those type of comments. Woody could trash this clown all day if he wanted to. Idzik could trash him. The players could trash him (some actually do). But it takes class to just move on and not trash the people you worked with, that you have no connection to anymore.

Where's his honesty when it comes to the people he still works with? Why is he not honest when it comes to evaluating EJ Manuel who flat out sucked and has been one of the biggest busts in recent years? Why doesn't he trash his WR coach Sanjay Lal who failed miserably at doing what they pay him to do, develop receivers? Where's the honesty? Exactly, that fat slimeball is anything but honest. He's got no class. Enjoy him while you can, the offseason is going to end soon and when the real thing starts and his team starts losing/underachieving again you won't find him anywhere. If you do he'll be the first guy to blame everybody but himself. And if you do happen to win a game he'll be the first guy to praise himself. Just a giant slimeball. You'll get tired of his shtick soon enough, trust me.

Agree on this. Listen, Rex had to go- he was never going to get it done here as he didnt believe in details or holding guys accountable...but its not as if this story about buying a house in Tennessee surfaced during the season. The past two years were a waste of time and that is 10000% Woody's fault. And now he's overcompensating by trying to bring back the old gang.

Woody and Dolan are the kings of overcompensating, which is why these franchises suck.

No, they don't.

Jackson meh, but signing Revis this year after him wanting to come back last year was bizarre. Woody Johnson just sucks.

And here you are thinking Woody wanted to pay him 16 mil per year when he could have had him for 12 last season. Woody made it pretty obvious it wasn't his call not to bring him back last season

And here you are thinking Woody wanted to pay him 16 mil per year when he could have had him for 12 last season. Woody made it pretty obvious it wasn't his call not to bring him back last season

And I call bullsh*t on that. Revis is really good, so it softens the blow a bit. But Woody is totally overcompensating for the billboards right now considering we're dead set on re-creating the 2012 defense.

This was the worst quote

"Even before the season began, Ryan was worried about the Jets’ ability to compete. Last summer he bought a house in the Nashville suburbs. “When the draft and free agency didn’t go the way I would have liked it to, I was concerned,” Ryan says. “That’s why I bought a house in Tennessee. I didn’t know what the hell was going to happen, but I knew I would need someplace to live. That I was probably going to get fired.”

He just said he didn't believe in the team before the season started so he bought a house in Tennese. This should highly disturb all Jets fans.

I just don't see the connection to TN. Out of all the places, why TN? Seems like s BS comment to me.

If Rex felt that way so strongly that he bought a house in Tennessee, he should have had the guts to quit. But if Rex has shown one thing in his time as head coach of the Jets, it's that he has no guts, no spine, no balls, and all his bluster was just an apparatus he employed to try and mask that.

Why would he quit? He's the highest paid coach in the country right now, collecting 5-6 mil from Bills and Jets EACH. Still on Woodys payroll. Had he quit, he wouldn't get another job. See Dog Moron.

I don't see a problem here, he is just stating the obvious truth. Should have been fired the year before if they didn't want him.

I agree. I didnt see anything wrong with what he said here. And I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that there is truth to this Story. On the flipside, Jace Amaro was absolutely on Point and I noticed it the Moment Mike Vick publicly stated that he wasnt ready for a Football game and Rex responded by saying "It takes a man to admit that". Thats when I began waving the "fire Rex" flag. Rex deserved to be fired, but I will always believe that the Jets gave that guy  no help on offense and shat the bed in the draft virtually every year.

Why would he quit? He's the highest paid coach in the country right now, collecting 5-6 mil from Bills and Jets EACH. Still on Woodys payroll. Had he quit, he wouldn't get another job. See Dog Moron.

Quitting takes balls, guts and a spine.  So many successful quitters in the world.  It's really the proof of your manhood. 

You will have no quarteback play and your opponents will stuff the box in such a way that even LeSean McCoy will average a measly 3 yards a carry every down for the entirety of his tenure.

Time will tell but I think we will go 12-4 this season

He's a fat slimeball. It takes class to not make those type of comments. Woody could trash this clown all day if he wanted to. Idzik could trash him. The players could trash him (some actually do). But it takes class to just move on and not trash the people you worked with, that you have no connection to anymore.

Where's his honesty when it comes to the people he still works with? Why is he not honest when it comes to evaluating EJ Manuel who flat out sucked and has been one of the biggest busts in recent years? Why doesn't he trash his WR coach Sanjay Lal who failed miserably at doing what they pay him to do, develop receivers? Where's the honesty? Exactly, that fat slimeball is anything but honest. He's got no class. Enjoy him while you can, the offseason is going to end soon and when the real thing starts and his team starts losing/underachieving again you won't find him anywhere. If you do he'll be the first guy to blame everybody but himself. And if you do happen to win a game he'll be the first guy to praise himself. Just a giant slimeball. You'll get tired of his shtick soon enough, trust me.

You are clearly entitled to your opinion.  Rex has been very honest with EJ.  Every QB on our team will be given a fair chance to compete for the starting position.  Don't underestimate EJ - he's learned alot and worked hard.  Let's wait and see what he can do during training. 

Time will tell but I think we will go 12-4 this season

Enjoy the optimism Ryan's bluster creates, for a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs

in 15 years I can imagine how thirsty you are.  But take it from experience Ryan is brilliant

in his ability to "plug into a fan base and give them what they want" but he will leave you

frustrated.  That whole article illustrates what he always does when his performance is put

under the microscope, he finds a scapegoat and makes himself a victim.  He's a glorified DC

who refuses to take responsibility for the whole team, enjoy

I actually found a video of the interview if you want to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Poor girl.  If she had any balls, or guts or a spine...she would have just walked off stage and quit. 

Tough question though.  How do answer that?

“He’s full of s—, and I’ll remind him of that when we play him. Look, we weren’t perfect, and I never said we were going to be perfect. But that’s a f—— b.s. comment. But, hey, he’s happy that he’s got a different coach in place. We’ll see how happy he is when I play against him.”

Will be great to see Rex suit up and try to cover / tackle Jace down the middle of the field. What an a$$hole. He should have been fired in 2012 like Tanny, but he got to hang on to his 'dream job' while doing a nightmarish impersonation of a real HC. I hate this blowhard jackass with every fiber of my being.

Enjoy the optimism Ryan's bluster creates, for a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs

in 15 years I can imagine how thirsty you are.  But take it from experience Ryan is brilliant

in his ability to "plug into a fan base and give them what they want" but he will leave you

frustrated.  That whole article illustrates what he always does when his performance is put

under the microscope, he finds a scapegoat and makes himself a victim.  He's a glorified DC

who refuses to take responsibility for the whole team, enjoy

We are enjoying the optimism.  These are exciting times for the Bills.  We have a new coach that we LOVE,  we already have an outstanding defense,  are putting together an outstanding offense and also have outstanding assistant coaches.  The average season ticket holders over the years have been 47K with the highest being 57K in the 90's. So far this year,  we have 53K season ticket holders.  We are optimistic and excited.  

This man never changed so we shouldn't expect Rex to....it's in his DNA.   It's either love him or hate him.

large_buddy-ryan-new-york-jets-610.jpg

Blowhard senior. The nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Rob must be a mute, because we NEVER hear anything from him. I guess he's the smart one.

We are enjoying the optimism. These are exciting times for the Bills. We have a new coach that we LOVE, we already have an outstanding defense, are putting together an outstanding offense and also have outstanding assistant coaches. The average season ticket holders over the years have been 47K with the highest being 57K in the 90's. So far this year, we have 53K season ticket holders. We are optimistic and excited.

I guess 'outstanding' and 'Bills' go hand-and-hand.

They were trying to pull away from me,” he says. “Like it was my fault, somehow, that people identified the Jets with me, and that was a bad thing and not a good thing. I was just being who I was. From that point on I knew I wasn’t going to be long for that job.” (A Jets spokesman told SI: “It’s surprising and disappointing that Rex feels that way. There was no effort by the organization to move away from him in any way.”

They WERE. You never lived up to any of your BRASH statements like SB guaranteed and so many others . 

You are clearly entitled to your opinion.  Rex has been very honest with EJ.  Every QB on our team will be given a fair chance to compete for the starting position.  Don't underestimate EJ - he's learned alot and worked hard.  Let's wait and see what he can do during training. 

Sanchez 2.0

What's revealing from this article is out of the four players that questioned our practice

habits last year:

Davis

Mangold

Decker

Amaro

Tough guy Ryan ONLY calls out the rookie.  How about addressing the other three vets

that questioned your coaching

Poor girl.  If she had any balls, or guts or a spine...she would have just walked off stage and quit. 

Tough question though.  How do answer that?

But our education, such as, should be able to help the Bills and Dolphins be competitive with the United States, such as, with the education and things of that nature.... Iraq. 

These quotes show the difference between Bowles and Ryan:

NFL Media PR @InsideNFLMedia    ·  14 hours ago  

Todd Bowles on how he'll navigate the New York media: "I’m a football coach. I coach football.
I don’t coach the New York media."

NFL Media PR @InsideNFLMedia    ·  14 hours ago  

Bowles: "At end of the day, it’s wins & losses. As long as I keep it about football, speak to them
& answer Qs I need I can sleep at night.

ENOUGH SAID!!!

Archived