Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm a Bills fan, I can't believe we signed this guy.

If only we had a time machine, dump his ass after the fail in Pittsburgh, we'd be light years ahead of where we are today.

SAR I

Wayne Hunter caused us that game, but Rex definitely deserves some of the blame. We only played one half in both AFC championship games and the coach has to receive some blame. Rex, however, changed our culture. He made us relevant again.

Wayne Hunter caused us that game, but Rex definitely deserves some of the blame. We only played one half in both AFC championship games and the coach has to receive some blame. Rex, however, changed our culture. He made us relevant again.

Nope.

Mike Tannenbaum signing every blessed big-name free agent is what made us relevant again.  History now shows that Rex Ryan is a lousy coach, especially with young players, and without all those experienced NFL horses we'd have gone nowhere with Rex and a bunch of draft picks.

Rex Ryan had us less prepared for the second AFCCG than he did in our first.  It's sinful.  One would think those guys would be spitting blood in Pittsburgh after they tasted it in Indianapolis.  Instead, they never got off the bus.

SAR I

I really liked Rex when he first came on board.  The lineage of his dad with the Jets, his defensive schemes, his ambition. There was much to be excited about.

THEN, slowly but surely, his flaws as a head coach revealed themselves in an unruly manner.  When things started to go haphazardly about, Rex began sucking up to Woody and his GM's.  He continued to portray himself as a 'head coach' purely on his defensive attributes and totally disregarded the offense.  Ultimately, Rex has become the most conspicuous con artist among NFL head coaches in decades.    

Jackie calls Rex a BLABBERMOUTH!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yOQ9-b_Usy8

If Rex felt that way so strongly that he bought a house in Tennessee, he should have had the guts to quit. But if Rex has shown one thing in his time as head coach of the Jets, it's that he has no guts, no spine, no balls, and all his bluster was just an apparatus he employed to try and mask that.

Quit? you can't quit. Petrino will never coach in the NFL again after quitting. I mean Rex should be "on to buffalo" and not comment on the jets. What Rex experienced is what every lame duck coach experiences.  He has ties to the Clemson program, so I can see how he wanted Bryant.  

Quit? you can't quit.

Don't give me this horsesh*t. Jim Harbaugh just walked out on the 49ers because he didn't feel like they committed to him. Nobody is saying Wrecks should have just walked out on in the middle of the season or before the season began. Like set up a press conference and announce "this team sucks, I'm out!". There's a professional way to handle it. That's what Harbaugh did. If he felt like Woody or whoever didn't have his back and wouldn't committ to him, you ******* move on. Go talk to Woody, tell him you have a different vision on what you want that team to look like down the road and just agree to part ways after the season. That's sort of what Harbaugh did. Everybody saw it coming, the guy coached his ass off. The fans love him, the players love him. In fact, they all have hatred towards SF's front office. So again, stop with this bullsh*t. Wrecks was thankful for every single extra hour Woody gave him to get this team turned around. It doesn't work if the players don't respect you. It doesn't work if you can't headcoach. It doesn't work if you don't hold anybody accountable. It doesn't work, if the players don't study. That's Wrecks problem. A lot of players like him, nobody respects him. He's a glorified assistent. Not a headcoach.

Don't give me this horsesh*t. Jim Harbaugh just walked out on the 49ers because he didn't feel like they committed to him. Nobody is saying Wrecks should have just walked out on in the middle of the season or before the season began. Like set up a press conference and announce "this team sucks, I'm out!". There's a professional way to handle it. That's what Harbaugh did. If he felt like Woody or whoever didn't have his back and wouldn't committ to him, you ******* move on. Go talk to Woody, tell him you have a different vision on what you want that team to look like down the road and just agree to part ways after the season. That's sort of what Harbaugh did. Everybody saw it coming, the guy coached his ass off. The fans love him, the players love him. In fact, they all have hatred towards SF's front office. So again, stop with this bullsh*t. Wrecks was thankful for every single extra hour Woody gave him to get this team turned around. It doesn't work if the players don't respect you. It doesn't work if you can't headcoach. It doesn't work if you don't hold anybody accountable. It doesn't work, if the players don't study. That's Wrecks problem. A lot of players like him, nobody respects him. He's a glorified assistent. Not a headcoach.

Exactly....It doesn't matter if it's true or not the point is it shouldn't be said.

head coaches get fired all the team, go to new teams - we see it multiple times every year - there are always circumstances that lead to the firings...Yet those other coaches act like professionals and don't bash their former team.  It's just not the way things are done...

He's a buffoon and I'm glad he's gone.

Quit? you can't quit. Petrino will never coach in the NFL again after quitting. I mean Rex should be "on to buffalo" and not comment on the jets. What Rex experienced is what every lame duck coach experiences. He has ties to the Clemson program, so I can see how he wanted Bryant.

Saban

Harbaugh

Nope.

Mike Tannenbaum signing every blessed big-name free agent is what made us relevant again.  History now shows that Rex Ryan is a lousy coach, especially with young players, and without all those experienced NFL horses we'd have gone nowhere with Rex and a bunch of draft picks.

Rex Ryan had us less prepared for the second AFCCG than he did in our first.  It's sinful.  One would think those guys would be spitting blood in Pittsburgh after they tasted it in Indianapolis.  Instead, they never got off the bus.

SAR I

Rex was handed a talented team that did not have a primo QB.  First year he lucked in.  Two teams laid down so we could get in.  Next year he did it right.  Then some of the players were old or gone and he could not get it done.

So do I.

Amaro shouldn't have publicly said what he said, but Rex's reaction to it comes off as childish.

I've read many of Rex's comments about the Jets since he came to Buffalo.  Until this recent article,  all were positive.  In the case of Amaro's comment,  maybe Rex thoughts were that enough is enough.  At the end of the day,  we (I'm a Bills Fan) are happy he's in Buffalo and the Jets are happy he is gone so like many posts here have stated,  time to move on.

Rex is a buffoon that was eventually exposed due to his own undoings.

Let the small lake-side town enjoy their new toy and hopefully they won't go all in for the monorail like Springfield did.

Lets focus on our new COMPETENT regime and forget about the mediocrity we had to put up with in the past. Brighter days ahead.

I've read many of Rex's comments about the Jets since he came to Buffalo.  Until this recent article,  all were positive.  In the case of Amaro's comment,  maybe Rex thoughts were that enough is enough.

Enough is enough?

There was nothing from the Jets before Amaro's comments.

I've read many of Rex's comments about the Jets since he came to Buffalo.  Until this recent article,  all were positive.  In the case of Amaro's comment,  maybe Rex thoughts were that enough is enough.  At the end of the day,  we (I'm a Bills Fan) are happy he's in Buffalo and the Jets are happy he is gone so like many posts here have stated,  time to move on.

When he inevitably quits or gets fired in 3-5 years from Buffalo, remember this moment when he throws new ownership under the bus for being disorganized and inexperienced and set him up to fail. You are now represented by one of the biggest fools in sports and it will do more long term harm than good.

No he didn't.

Playing in NY keeps us relevant. Rex made us a spectacle, big difference. We were no more relevant than in the years between Parcells and Rex... Marginally competitive, overly discussed by the media. Same as always.

I've read many of Rex's comments about the Jets since he came to Buffalo. Until this recent article, all were positive. In the case of Amaro's comment, maybe Rex thoughts were that enough is enough. At the end of the day, we (I'm a Bills Fan) are happy he's in Buffalo and the Jets are happy he is gone so like many posts here have stated, time to move on.

He's a thin-skinned wuss who will put over-compensation for his low self esteem before the team. Have fun with that.

Archived