Aaron Hernandez Guilty on all charges

BaumerJet

At I'm sure it did in court when all the evidence was presented. A little ridiculous to believe Kraft knew enough about the crime/investigation to be able to catch the fact that Hernandez was making a statement against interest at that time. That's a real stretch. Kraft said "were you involved?" Hernandez said "I was in the club all night, I couldn't have." Kraft said "Ok." To expect Kraft to think like a detective at that moment and say "But whataminute... how do you know time of death?" Is a pretty big stretch IMO.

Kraft did know that Hernandez was accused of murder and didn't cut him until he would have been wasting a roster spot on a player that couldn't possibly participate. That's really the main point. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kraft did know that Hernandez was accused of murder and didn't cut him until he would have been wasting a roster spot on a player that couldn't possibly participate. That's really the main point. 

He was not accused at that time. He was a suspect/person of interest. Perfectly reasonable to wait until he was arrested. Lots of people are initially suspected of something when police cast a wide net. They made the decision to cut him the second he was arrested, which they did. The manufactured outrage here is a little incredible.

Perfectly reasonable to wait until he was arrested. Lots of people are initially suspected of something when police cast a wide net. They made the decision to cut him the second he was arrested, which they did. The manufactured outrage here is a little incredulous.

You're no fun. 

If Patriots are guilty of anything it is believing their own "Patriots Way" schlock and that they have perfected the formula to turn thug turds into boy scouts.

Which is a point I made earlier. It's a big part of the reason they drafted Hernandez in the first place. Belichick convinced himself that being around his coterie of ass-kissing yes men would fix him. 

Which is a point I made earlier. It's a big part of the reason they drafted Hernandez in the first place. Belichick convinced himself that being around his coterie of ass-kissing yes men would fix him. 

They are as arrogant a team that has ever existed.

If Patriots are guilty of anything it is believing their own "Patriots Way" schlock and that they have perfected the formula to turn thug turds into boy scouts.

Thkx for your few post. I know there are reasonable jet fans here.

But this "patriot way" crap is laughable. That term was used back in 01 after 9/11 n the football team don't even use it now. Just hurt fans mad cuz they win.

They do business better than everyone else point blank. Every team has a "patriot" way about them..

It's called running your team how you believe it should be run.

Again patriots just do it better than most..n some jet fans are hurt n obsessed about it.

Must suck to be them..torture souls..

Thkx for your few post. I know there are reasonable jet fans here.

But this "patriot way" crap is laughable. That term was used back in 01 after 9/11 n the football team don't even use it now. Just hurt fans mad cuz they win.

They do business better than everyone else point blank. Every team has a "patriot" way about them..

It's called running your team how you believe it should be run.

Again patriots just do it better than most..n some jet fans are hurt n obsessed about it.

Must suck to be them..torture souls..

There is a lot to envy about how the Pats are run... and a lot to despise. I could learn to deal with the negatives if the Jets won using similar methods.

Somewhere in that prison is a another 'nothing to lose' Lifer who's been lifting weights years longer and who is twice the size of Aaron and is a Jets, Bills or Dolphin fan ;)

Karma baby, karma...

Instead of 'squeal like a Piggy', it will be 'Aaron, sing the Jets/Bill or Dolphins chant'

There is a lot to envy about how the Pats are run... and a lot to despise. I could learn to deal with the negatives if the Jets won using similar methods.

jets have to get the right "football guys" in there to run their franchise correctly n they should be fine..

It's taken their owner too long to get a clue..seems like they might be on the right track now..

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Just another heathen from the dirtiest franchise in pro football history. And yes that out bids the Raiders of the 70s. Over 15 years of cheating in the NFL and still doing it today with deflate gate. Good thing atleast one of them got what he deserved. Scumbag.

In assume you never saw the Raiders of the 60's and 70's?

no he wasnt born yet..

They cheated for sure,, greased shirts, stickum, bugged locker rooms at halftime (if u believe Jets coach Walt Michaels) and Maddens famous quote of taking a roughing penalty on purpose against teams best Offensive player on 1st series to ste tone and intimidate. He said , 'Hey, they are 80 yards for endzone, perfect time to take a 15 yd penalty to set tone'

While I believed he was guilty, I also thought it was very unlikely that they were going to get a murder 1 conviction, No weapon, no witness and no motive.  Props to the prosecutors office on a great job. 

1. No weapon. If the gun he flaunted (that mysteriously disappeared) wasn't the murder weapon, ballistic tests would've helped the defense. He discarded the gun for a reason and one reason only.

2. No witness. Ortiz and Wallace are witnesses and they're about to spill the whole story.

3. No motive. What motive did he have for shooting others? A spilled drink at a bar? Thank god no teammate dumped Gatorade on him. I'm sure jurors did some research.

• 1 year later...

I almost forgot that Jose Baez took over as AH's attorney.  Obviously, Aaron Hernandez is paying for his representation. :rolleyes:  Baez will do anything for the spotlight. Anyway, I've been keeping loose tabs on the second trial.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/03/09/aaron-hernandez-defense-suggests-slaying-was-gunfight-rather-than-one-sided-attack/EWOajXfhqVJuxheLWMcfqJ/story.html

Sorry for the hatchet copy and paste job and all of the empty white space at the bottom. I was trying to get rid of as much annoying extraneous crap in the article as possible.  

Aaron Hernandez defense suggests slaying was a gunfight, rather than one-sided attack

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to charges of killing Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in an early morning drive-by shooting on July 16, 2012, in Boston’s South End. He allegedly fired into the BMW from the front passenger seat of a Toyota 4Runner, after de Abreu bumped into him at a nightclub hours earlier and caused him to spill his drink.

On Wednesday in Suffolk Superior Court, defense attorney Jose Baez asked Aquilino Freire, a BMW occupant who was shot in the arm, if he recalled telling a nurse that “both of your friends were killed in a gunfight.” “I might” have, Freire said.

The defense contends the driver of the 4Runner, Alexander Bradley, Hernandez’s former friend and marijuana supplier, shot the victims in a dispute over a drug deal. Hernandez is also charged with shooting Bradley in Florida in February 2013 in a failed effort to silence him about the killings. Bradley, currently jailed for an unrelated gun offense, will testify for prosecutors under an immunity deal.

Prosecutor Patrick Haggan on Wednesday aggressively pushed back against the notion that a predawn gun battle had taken place at the murder scene.   “You just said it’s possible that you used the word ‘gunfight,’” Haggan said to Freire during re-direct examination. “I don’t remember that,” Freire said.

Haggan then asked Freire, a native of Cape Verde, if his English has improved since 2012, and he said it has gotten “way better.” The prosecutor then asked if there was an exchange of gunfire between the two cars.“There wasn’t, no,” Freire said.

Freire stared toward Hernandez when he stepped down from the witness stand Wednesday. Hernandez was shielded by a court officer. The once-promising athlete is already serving a life sentence for the June 2013 fatal shooting of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old Dorchester man who dated the sister of Hernandez’s fiancée.

An appeal of his first-degree murder conviction in that case will be heard at a later date. Testimony in the double murder trial resumes Thursday. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I guess that was mildly interesting. The one-eyed guy Bradley who got shot in the face and got immunity, the girlfriend who cleaned. Trial about to close. If  Hernandez gets a not guilty verdict -  which he in all probability will not - what does that do for him? Odin Lloyd was still shot dead, but it paves the way for an appeal. I suppose that was part of the point. Never getting out, didn't get the juice;  but if he's acquitted of the double pop pop, he might be able to sell ice cubes on a street corner in the  desert someday.  Ah, well, American jurisprudence isn't always wrong, but fukk Aaron Hernandez. 

Goddamn, I once saw this ass forensics show where a woman poisoned her husband for a 100K life insurance policy because she wanted to open a tropical fish store. I never looked at Fish Town USA on 17 the same way again. Ugh, could the lead up to Paterson Plank Road ever be made worse? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived