Shane Ray busted for pot possession

Matt39

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pot is now legal in many states What the heck is the big deal!!!

And I don't even drink but pot has less negative impacts on a person than booze.

Come on already.

Good Grief

the big deal is it's a few days before the draft and this dummy has weed on him.  at least let your friend carry it 

the big deal is it's a few days before the draft and this dummy has weed on him.  at least let your friend carry it 

LOL, it's not even like he just happened to test positive. That's, at least, a somewhat acceptable shrug...possibly. The ******* moron on 35 grams on him a week before the draft???

Kiper types

you still stuck on that "foot" injury nobody knew about except every team in the NFL ?

LOL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473062/article/shane-ray-wont-run-40yard-dash-at-scouting-combine

Missouri defensive end Shane Ray said a foot injury will prevent him from competing in the 40-yard dash or any other drill when the NFL Scouting Combine's defensive ends are scheduled to work out.

"Unfortunately (Sunday) I won't be able to perform because of an injury I had in my bowl game with my foot," Ray said. "So everything that is listed for tomorrow as far as the 40, and all the athletic drills, I'll be doing on my pro day."

LOL, it's not even like he just happened to test positive. That's, at least, a somewhat acceptable shrug...possibly. The ******* moron on 35 grams on him a week before the draft???

35 g's ?!?   I hope he didn't have any baggies on him or that could be intent to sell....wowza

Pot is now legal in many states What the heck is the big deal!!!

And I don't even drink but pot has less negative impacts on a person than booze.

Come on already.

Good Grief

Umm, pot is legal in TWO out of 50 states- how does that, merit "many" states? Lay off the buds Spicoli.

I dunno who's dumber, him for even taking that chance right now or GM'S who would pass on him solely for pot

ray a million %

it is illegal federally and it's against NFL policy.  he is a suspension/arrest waiting to happen

he was cited for a personal amount of less than 35 grams.  he did not have 35 grams on him.  court date in june

einstein was speeding at 5:45 am and not in the correct lane.  so he drew attention to himself while having pot in the car days before the draft

I just hope that in my lifetime marijuana will be legalized.  It is truly stupid that Pot is illegal yet alcohol, which is much worse, is not.  Enough already.

Also they needed to amend the constitution to ban (and later un-ban) alcohol but they never passed an amendment against pot. 

That said, it is still rather amazing that these players can't hold out for a little while when there's so much money to be made.

Works for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He works for you? Just kidding.

I would take a shot on him in the 2nd round. I still think someone will scoop him up before the Jets are on the clock in round two though.

He works for you? Just kidding.

I would take a shot on him in the 2nd round. I still think someone will scoop him up before the Jets are on the clock in round two though.

Probably yes. But tis the season to wish for such merry things! I would probably implode if we landed a WR or Gurley plus Ray.

Watch for me on the news!

Probably yes. But tis the season to wish for such merry things! I would probably implode if we landed a WR or Gurley plus Ray.

Watch for me on the news!

Show up at the draft party, we will watch you in person!

I just hope that in my lifetime marijuana will be legalized. It is truly stupid that Pot is illegal yet alcohol, which is much worse, is not. Enough already.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. At this point, it is a law. Whether we like it or not, it is illegal to smoke pot and this is coming from someone who smokes weed. However, the fact that he's stupid enough to pull something off like this 3 days before the draft should speak highly on his decision making.

Ray is a ******* idiot. It's that simple.

Going to a sh*t team, puts all the pressure on them to make an instant impact. Going to a perennial contender means they'll be eased in, they'll fulfill their potential, and get PAID on their second contract. Makes very little sense to get drafted early if you play a position that historically gets a huge payday if you end up looking like a stud. Makes far more sense to land in a place that is going to position you best for your payday.

I think it's ridiuclous if anyone truly thinks they're purposely driving their stock down.

Just heard Casserly talking about this on NFL network and think he nailed it....if you've spent this much time scouting the guy and you like him, this is a mistake that lots of players have made...could have little impact on those teams.  Different story for teams on the fence though.

Umm, pot is legal in TWO out of 50 states- how does that, merit "many" states? Lay off the buds Spicoli.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/11/map-united-states-legal-marijuana-2014-2016

It's legal in FOUR states at a recreational level. Meaning, any adult over the age of 21 is allowed to consume (Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Colorado), it's also "recreational" in our nation's capital.  That's right. DC likes to light em up.   

AND that's not counting the states which allow medicinal use.  For all intents and purposes it is "legal" in close to THIRTY states.  They all have different qualifiers (noted in the link above), but for the state of California, for example, being allowed to smoke pot is as simple as getting a note from a "doctor".  The note costs $40-$80.  The "doctors" advertise their cash only practice out in the open, and the list of acceptable ailments is probably 40-something boo-boos deep including: back pain, headaches, nausea, lack of appetite, sleeplessness, restlessness...it goes on and on. 

FWIW, Shane Ray got busted in Missouri.  Not good. The way their laws are written are as follows:

SB 491 classifies possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana as a "Class D" misdemeanor, which is not punishable by jail time. The law takes effect on January 1, 2017. Possession is currently punishable by up to a year in prison/$1,000 fine.

Archived