Cam with a Geno like DVOA getting big money

Matt39

Carolina's in a tough spot. Cam's a star and not a very good player....plus its not much of an NFL city.

Well said.

Sometimes that guy wows me but most of the time he's meh.

And yeah, my parents live not far from Charlotte and it's basketball, racing, and all things college sports.

Yes. Ryan is a stiff.

OK, cool.

I used to think there was quite the gap between them. Not so much the past few years. I'd still take Ryan over Cam, personally. But maybe we're talking about tallest midgets and the like.

ETA: Ryan looks a lot like a good buddy of mine. Maybe that's why I'd take him over Cam.

Well said.

Sometimes that guy wows me but most of the time he's meh.

And yeah, my parents live not far from Charlotte and it's basketball, racing, and all things college sports.

Not exactly so... The Panthers are huge here. the rest of your statement is true.

College sports here is huge and contagious.

Love college football.

I think Cam is a legit solid NFL starter.  Maybe he's overpaid but QB is the most valuable position on the field.  So IMO Carolina made the right decision. Even if Cam's play goes south, it was still the right move by Carolina.  QBs with his ability and potential are very hard to come by.

Guys forget he played 12 days after breaking like 2 or 3 vertebrae in his back early in the season, and played decent football for the most part considering the injury, and the huge oversized protective gear he had to wear around his back.

Cam can win in this league IMO, 3nd year with Olsen, and Benjamin, and a healthy back look out, Carolinas main problem were the huge money they dolled out to the 2 stiffs in the back field, and haven't had a running game sands Newton in years.

I'd rather pay Cam than Matt Ryan, and I'd rather be paying my sh*tty QB nothing than be locked into either of those guys.

Both of those guys would be better then practically every qb we've had since Namath. And Ryan's a really good qb, he is top 10 for sure.

Also, Ryan keeps that team in the playoff hunt. If anything, the Falcons are wasting his career with that sh*t team.

Why is everybody down on Cam Newton?  When he came out of college there was a long thread about how lousy he was, and now that he is doing pretty well they still find reasons that this guy is not supposed to be good.  He looks to me like an up-and-coming young QB.

Not exactly so... The Panthers are huge here. the rest of your statement is true.

College sports here is huge and contagious.

Love college football.

You have a better grasp on it than I do. But I feel like every time I'm down there and talkbtonpeople pro sports are an afterthought.

JMO.

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2015 at 8:20 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Cam strikes me as the type that's about to have a big season.  He knows he has to be less dependent on his legs, which will either make him a better passer or expose him.  I'm in the minority but I think it'll be the former.

jgb just repped this post of mine from over a year ago.  I'm f*ckin Nostradamus.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

jgb just repped this post of mine from over a year ago.  I'm f*ckin Nostradamus.

Some of the posters on this thread knocking Cam are still mocking others for having a different opinion than them on Geno. Come on guys. Show some self-awareness.

I don't understand this thread. Cam and Geno are nothing alike on or off the field. Cam is much better. I and most JETS fans would much prefer him on our team than what we have and (the way we have had luck finding a QB) will have.

9 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

He is good but uneven at times. I don't know that he's worth that paycheck but CAR needed to lock him up. If his mental focus continues to improve and he continues to develop as a passer rather than a runner then he could be worth a lot more than that contract. 

we've been looking for qb like Cam for 45+ years.

Archived