Any News out on the Jets cuts yet?

Yeah, me too...but he's got a quick first step and is a natural pass rusher.  But I guess with Reilly, Maudlin, Pace, Coples...he's expendable.  I'm thinking Lattimore makes the team, especially with his ST's ability.  I wonder if one of the UDFA's make the team in Barnes or Jones?

I think Lattimore has gotta make the team. Him and Henderson are now the primary backup ILB.

Barnes was already cut (I'm hoping he makes the PS), and I expect the same for Jones. Although perhaps the reason they cut Mays was so they could keep Jones. We'll see.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Babin is surprising but warranted. If it means Reilly makes the team I am all for it. 

Babin is one dimensional player-I guess they feel they can get the pass rush from multiple sources so he is not needed

If I had to guess, I'd say the Babin cutting says more about Reilly than about Babin himself.

@Connor_J_Hughes: Matt Flynn has been released by the #Jets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@mflynn3: Thanks for the opportunity #nyjets, but it looks like I am headed back home to Louisiana.. Looking forward to what's next!

Guy's been released by more teams than anyone else.

Would not surprise me if they cut Josh Johnson too and roll dice on Week 1 with Bryce as backup.  Saves $$ by not having to gtee salaries...

This.

Geno will be the emergency twat in week 1, Fitz and Petty will dress... after that we may re-sign one of Flynn or Josh, but if either get scooped up, no biggie.

Would not surprise me if they cut Josh Johnson too and roll dice on Week 1 with Bryce as backup.  Saves $$ by not having to gtee salaries...

I can't imagine that Flynn was cut to preserve cash.  He was only due like $800,000 more, which is pretty cheap for security at the most important position.  I hope it isn't an indication that Smith is close to coming back though.  I can't see him getting the locker room behind him.

Hopefully, they have enough confidence in Petty to back up, but don't need him to come in.   

I guess they could sign Flynn back if we got into a pinch, or even after the start of the season without the guarantee.

I can't imagine that Flynn was cut to preserve cash.  He was only due like $800,000 more, which is pretty cheap for security at the most important position.  I hope it isn't an indication that Smith is close to coming back though.  I can't see him getting the locker room behind him.

Hopefully, they have enough confidence in Petty to back up, but don't need him to come in.   

I guess they could sign Flynn back if we got into a pinch, or even after the start of the season without the guarantee.

Flynn's salary was not guaranteed, so I guess they just didn't think he fit

There is absolutely no foundation for that statement.

Archived