Geno is back at practice.

Thor99

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get all you're saying.  Honestly, I do. 

But over the past two years I've watched Geno throw more pick 6s/red zone INTs than I thought humanly possible.  You can't blame all those on receivers, scheme, or humidity on game days.  He's the guy making the decision to make the throw.  

And that brings us to another aspect of his disability: Geno is a dunce at reading defenses.  He's lost out there.  Plus, his method of "avoiding" a sack/pass rush is to either run backwards for 25 yards or attempt to throw the ball as he's about to be tacked and an inch from the ground.

You want to hitch your horses to the Geno wagon?  Fine.  I respect and applaud your faith.  Totally.

Me?  I've seen enough of the guy.  Just as when folks were defending Sanchez, Tebow, and what seems like a thousand former Jet tools, we are wasting our time on Geno.  I wish Mcc would work out a trade for him.  With our two QBs, this season is pretty much shot anyway.   

Ok, makes sense I guess.  I don't agree but I can see where you're coming from.  Starting Fitz only makes sense to me as a buffer to Petty.  Only if Geno proves this year, in a good situation, that he doesn't have a future here.

depends on pettys overall game and off field issues. Geno not only played like sh*t he has atleast three off fields incidents that make you shake your head and make you think this is not a guy that can lead 52 other men to the promise land 

his first season he didn't have any off the field issues.  

Browsing this thread, no one is talking about the obvious with Geno (possible I missed it).  He is dumb, he lost the locker room (if he ever had it), and he missed game time reps.  I don't think anyone would argue that Geno has the tools to play the game, from the shoulders down.

Personally, I believe we get what this team has needed for years with Fitz (Who I am not a fan of), a game manager who won't lose games.  Fitz may not win games, but he is less likely to lose games.  We all know that Fitz is not dumb, the team seems to respond to him, and he played in real games in the system.

That being said, I was excited to see what Smith could do with some real weapons.  

so three in year 2 makes it sound even better

he was saying that we're allowing Petty to sit and learn for a year, the Geno wasn't given the chance.  You talked about off the field, thought we were talking year 1.  He's right, Geno shouldn't have started year one, was forced into it.  Stay on point

he was saying that we're allowing Petty to sit and learn for a year, the Geno wasn't given the chance.  You talked about off the field, thought we were talking year 1.  He's right, Geno shouldn't have started year one, was forced into it.  Stay on point

point is Geno has shown nothing to think he has the character or personality to lead a team of men. I'm sorry thing didn't play out ideal for him but what has been done can not be unseen by me, other fans or teammates. Such is reality. You hold onto hope that he will turn it all around and not only will his play improve leaps and bounds as will his leadership and maturity. I'll go with the probability that it won't based on passed experiences. 

point is Geno has shown nothing to think he has the character or personality to lead a team of men. I'm sorry thing didn't play out ideal for him but what has been done can not be unseen by me, other fans or teammates. Such is reality. You hold onto hope that he will turn it all around and not only will his play improve leaps and bounds as will his leadership and maturity. I'll go with the probability that it won't based on passed experiences. 

don't tell us what can't be undone, you don't have a clue what teammates think.  I don't hold on to any hope, just want him to win games when he comes back.  You hold on to hope he doesn't come back, won't play or fails.  

Passed experience? 

don't tell us what can't be undone, you don't have a clue what teammates think.  I don't hold on to any hope, just want him to win games when he comes back.  You hold on to hope he doesn't come back, won't play or fails.  

Passed experience? 

Actually not once have I said any of that. If he comes back and wins great, I'm all for it. Do I think it's probable no, impossible no. Stay on point 

I don't know if anyone else listened to Bowles press conference but he indicated that Petty was further along then even the other QBs who they brought in.  What  I was impressed by was the fact that Bowles was not nervous if Petty had to replace Fitz for some time. This tells me that Petty is getting better and better and will be ready for some real action to compete next year....

Interesting indeed.

this is Al Michaels, welcome to Monday Night Football !  

tonight nothing but drama as geno smith takes the field after ryan fitzpatricks woeful debut last week, losing 19-16 to the browns in overtime after that ugly interception.

smith, you may recall, missed 6 weeks after being punched by back up linebacker IK enemnalapil, er IK Enemomeampl..er IK Eneenlop, oh you remember, and having his jaw broken in 2 places.   Meanwhile the colts look comfortable and confident after Andrew Lucks 7 TD performance on opening day.....

I was hoping with the new Head Coach, GM and OC, it would be a fresh start for Geno. 

I was pumped for it, but I realise he's a child in a mans body, I don't know any other QB who's dumb enough to get his jaw broken for $600.

He lost his job, and He won't get it back, unless the season is shot.

I think his chance has gone, with the Jets. The 2015 Jets is Fitzpatrick's team. in life you get a few chances, most guys would give their left nut to be a starting NFL QB he throw it away over $600.

Actually not once have I said any of that. If he comes back and wins great, I'm all for it. Do I think it's probable no, impossible no. Stay on point 

what you said he won't in your mind based on passed (past?) experiences.

i don't need to stay on point, you're the one dancing 

I was hoping with the new Head Coach, GM and OC, it would be a fresh start for Geno. 

I was pumped for it, but I realise he's a child in a mans body, I don't know any other QB who's dumb enough to get his jaw broken for $600.

He lost his job, and He won't get it back, unless the season is shot.

I think his chance has gone, with the Jets. The 2015 Jets is Fitzpatrick's team. in life you get a few chances, most guys would give their left nut to be a starting NFL QB he throw it away over $600.

Pretty sure by not putting Geno on IR and releasing Flynn, Bowles n Gailey may disagree w/you.

neither of these guys are ever starting, Geno's jaw isn't an IR injury. The good news Petty is showing so much the Brass don't have to keep Flynn or Johnson.

Well we agree on Petty.  That's great to hear.  Geno vs Fitz?  I'd imagine we'll see Geno starting pretty soon.

Why do Jet Fans want a Jet QB to fail so they can feel good about themselves ?  There was a time when sports and music transcended all forms of hatred.

LOL are you for real??? You rooted against Sanchez since the day he was drafted and throughout every season that he was here, even as he showed improvement from year 1 to 2 and the team was winning a lot of games. He was your scapegoat for Brian Schottenheimer's utter failings as an OC.

I don't know if anyone else listened to Bowles press conference but he indicated that Petty was further along then even the other QBs who they brought in.  What  I was impressed by was the fact that Bowles was not nervous if Petty had to replace Fitz for some time. This tells me that Petty is getting better and better and will be ready for some real action to compete next year....

Interesting indeed.

I think that has more to do with going with petty as a backup while fitz starts and not wasting a roster spot on a scrub like flynn

LOL are you for real??? You rooted against Sanchez since the day he was drafted and throughout every season that he was here, even as he showed improvement from year 1 to 2 and the team was winning a lot of games. He was your scapegoat for Brian Schottenheimer's utter failings as an OC.

I wanted Shotty out as much as anyone...but funny thing, we haven't had a winning season since he left. 

Never liked Sanchez from the day he was drafted, but I never rooted against him. I made my feelings known about Mark Sanchez as an NFL QB, not as a man since I didn't know the man. Mark Sanchez played in a pro set offense at USC with all world talent on offense and defense and never won a thing.

As for Schotty, I still stand by what I said  back then.  Every year Sanchez was given more to do, and every yr he failed to the point where the offense had to be dummied down. I never wanted him, and made no bones about it, but when he led the team I supported him.

I am not a fan of starting rookie QBs in their 1st yr and didn't want that for Sanchez either.  I just never thought the kid was any good.

By the way, when Sanchez was released, I posted that the Jets should have resigned him on the cheap and let him compete with Geno Smith.

Browsing this thread, no one is talking about the obvious with Geno (possible I missed it).  He is dumb, he lost the locker room (if he ever had it), and he missed game time reps.  I don't think anyone would argue that Geno has the tools to play the game, from the shoulders down.

Personally, I believe we get what this team has needed for years with Fitz (Who I am not a fan of), a game manager who won't lose games.  Fitz may not win games, but he is less likely to lose games.  We all know that Fitz is not dumb, the team seems to respond to him, and he played in real games in the system.

That being said, I was excited to see what Smith could do with some real weapons.  

Geno is not dumb at all. He just comes across as not well spoken and was saddled with Rex and his crappy coaching staff which makes any QB look dumb on the field.

Geno is not dumb at all. He just comes across as not well spoken and was saddled with Rex and his crappy coaching staff which makes any QB look dumb on the field.

Why folks say Geno is dumb is beyond me. 

You can't have the offensive talent we have had on the Jets for the last four years and expect a QB to be effective, Period.

Now will Geno be ok going forward I don't know, but I do know that we cant compare the skill positions that we have on the Jets today with what we had when Geno was a rookie or last year.

The Jets coaching staff is going to give him a chance to show what he can do for good or ill because the team has invested a lot in him.

I think that if we did what you say here we would have had a better Geno Smith on our hands today.....

to  tell you the truth, I don't know who was worst Rex Ryan who thought Geno Smith was a viable option as his starting QB,  or Mark Sanchez who made Geno Smith look like a viable option as a starting QB. 

IMHO, the Jets needed a Ryan Fitzpatrick 3 yrs ago, and that should have been Mark Sanchez 

Sad part is...Fitzy will essentially get a one game tryout...I wonder what the staff will veiw as "good enough" to kee him in there.  If they win 17-14, do they go to Geno?  Real shame..giving Fitz four games was an ideal scenario IMO.

If he doesn't throw a pick 6, he's an improvement

to  tell you the truth, I don't know who was worst Rex Ryan who thought Geno Smith was a viable option as his starting QB,  or Mark Sanchez who made Geno Smith look like a viable option as a starting QB. 

IMHO, the Jets needed a Ryan Fitzpatrick 3 yrs ago, and that should have been Mark Sanchez 

I actually agree with you 100%

I think that any coach and FO who puts a guy with one year of college experience as a starter (Sanchez) for a New York Football Franchise is clueless from the start.  Why we didn't get a Fitz type back then three years ago, is INSANE!!!

Insane..

Recall there were those who swore even then that Tanny and Rex had some secret plan for developing QBs..... Oh Boy!

And as you know I often defended Sanchez not because he was any good but from the total lack of competency that I saw from the Jets for starting him from the beginning! 

I get all you're saying.  Honestly, I do. 

But over the past two years I've watched Geno throw more pick 6s/red zone INTs than I thought humanly possible.  You can't blame all those on receivers, scheme, or humidity on game days.  He's the guy making the decision to make the throw.  

And that brings us to another aspect of his disability: Geno is a dunce at reading defenses.  He's lost out there.  Plus, his method of "avoiding" a sack/pass rush is to either run backwards for 25 yards or attempt to throw the ball as he's about to be tacked and an inch from the ground.

You want to hitch your horses to the Geno wagon?  Fine.  I respect and applaud your faith.  Totally.

Me?  I've seen enough of the guy.  Just as when folks were defending Sanchez, Tebow, and what seems like a thousand former Jet tools, we are wasting our time on Geno.  I wish Mcc would work out a trade for him.  With our two QBs, this season is pretty much shot anyway.   

Queue up the game tape of Fitzy against the Giants last year. Yeah that uber smart QB made some horifffic decisions and basically gave the game to the Giants with 3 picks . 2 which gave the Giants the ball within the Texans 20. It would be different if we were upgrading the position to someone who could lead us to the SB , Fitz isn't going to do that , but many here hate Geno so much they just don't care. 

Just once can't this team have a QB that people don't have to make excuses for?

The Geno excuse makers can say anything they want, in the end I still watched the Buffalo game and two years of games where Geno was the worst QB in the NFL.  I also watched the Miami game in which he had good stats but looked like crap.    

I would have liked to see Geno in new offense with new weapons in preseason but I did not get to because he is a stupid child that got his jaw broken over $600.  So this fan wishes he had been traded.   Fitz till the coach thinks Petty is ready. 

Queue up the game tape of Fitzy against the Giants last year. Yeah that uber smart QB made some horifffic decisions and basically gave the game to the Giants with 3 picks . 2 which gave the Giants the ball within the Texans 20. It would be different if we were upgrading the position to someone who could lead us to the SB , Fitz isn't going to do that , but many here hate Geno so much they just don't care. 

I'd,like to see Geno one more time under the new regime.... That said, his bull shlt performance against Buffalo last year  and his behavior give strong  credence to those who say Geno simply doesn't have it.  

Just once can't this team have a QB that people don't have to make excuses for?

The Geno excuse makers can say anything they want, in the end I still watched the Buffalo game and two years of games where Geno was the worst QB in the NFL.  I also watched the Miami game in which he had good stats but looked like crap.    

I would have liked to see Geno in new offense with new weapons in preseason but I did not get to because he is a stupid child that got his jaw broken over $600.  So this fan wishes he had been traded.   Fitz till the coach thinks Petty is ready. 

I hope for all our sakes we're not here in 2-3 weeks listening to the Fitz excuses, I fear its coming but I hope otherwise. 

Sorry but getting your face cracked by a linebacker over $600 when you make over 1M per year is dumb......................very dumb.

Why folks say Geno is dumb is beyond me. 

You can't have the offensive talent we have had on the Jets for the last four years and expect a QB to be effective, Period.

Now will Geno be ok going forward I don't know, but I do know that we cant compare the skill positions that we have on the Jets today with what we had when Geno was a rookie or last year.

The Jets coaching staff is going to give him a chance to show what he can do for good or ill because the team has invested a lot in him.

Charlie Brown is once again correct.  We've all seen Geno play, and he hasn't been great...but most will agree he hasn't had a whole lot to work with....The kid certainly has the skill set to play in this league and, on occasion, has performed at a quality NFL QB level...

I, for one, would liked to have seen him perform under a high level OC (Gaily) and with legitimate NFL weapons.

While understandable, the dislike for him is unfair.  

Archived