Leon Washington in the house

southparkcpa

So..Leon Washington lives in Charlotte NC and his son plays ball with my GF's son. They are good friends.

Got Leon to sign a jersey for the kid.  Leon was VERY KOOL, Spoke well of the Jets and had only fond memories.

BTW... his son is a stud. Plays both sides of the ball.  2 TD's, one on defense, tackles like no other 10 year old.  Solid.  Lets sign him now!   His sons team is Titans, not an "anti Jet" thing.

l1.jpg

Very cool.  Leon played hard on every play. Always liked him.

So..Leon Washington lives in Charlotte NC and his son plays ball with my GF's son. They are good friends.

Got Leon to sign a jersey for the kid.  Leon was VERY KOOL, Spoke well of the Jets and had only fond memories.

BTW... his son is a stud. Plays both sides of the ball.  2 TD's, one on defense, tackles like no other 10 year old.  Solid.  Lets sign him now!   His sons team is Titans, not an "anti Jet" thing.

l1.jpg

Aw-some!  Please tell Leon that he was one of my family's favorite Jets.  We were all crushed/mad-as-hell when he was released.  Especially after he went all out for us and had that horrific injury.

Which one is Leon?

FP-Leon-Washington2.jpg

He was one of my favorite players from the Mangini era, and the closest thing to a dynamic playmaker on the team for a few years. His ability to cut at full speed was great, but he was never the same after the leg injury.

Very cool.  Leon played hard on every play. Always liked him.

For the short time he was here, Leon has become one of the most popular Jets ever.  Outside of LaDainian Tomlinson for a good year we really haven't replaced him.

washdance.jpg

He really was one of my favorite Jets ever... we made the playoffs because of that short screen pass he took from Pennington and almost went the distance in the last game of the year against Miami...  He was the Bruce Harper of our era.

I was at the game in 2008 Tenn when we beat the Titans. he had a HUGE day.  What could have been.....

Such a likeable player when he was here. Even in his rookie campaign you could see his talent.

The injury killed that elusiveness though, he still had the speed as a returner but before that ACL he was one of the most dynamic players in the league. It's pretty sad he never got that payday, even if it was with hindsight a good decision. 

Leon was awesome, one of the most electric Jets of my lifetime (I'm 32 years old).

Some of my favorite plays of his were the dump off (that was already mentioned) that he took the majority of the field to set up the winning FG in Miami I believe on New Years eve to close out the 06 season and get us into the playoffs. A nasty kick return for TD on that Thursday Night game in Foxboro in 08 that we eventually won in OT. I also remember in 08 in one of the Bills games right before halftime he took a draw the distance, probably around 50 yards for a TD right before halftime.

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Archived