I've heard it all now. Pats "stuck" it to Mike Tomlin & Steelers.

Villain The Foe

I don't make anything of it. If it helps them sleep at night so be it. 

Remember how confident they were after winning 45-3 in 2010 ? Remember how the rematch went  ?

Be careful what you wish for New England. Wanting to play a team with nothing to lose is risky buisness

It's the biggest single reason I hate almost every Pats Fan online (stress online, in person alot are different in my experience).

They simply cannot give credit where credit is due when their team is beaten.  They have no respect for anyone but themselves.

They are literally the definition of Internet Douche.  When they win, they are insufferable.  When they lose, they are utterly dismissive and rife with "we meant to do that because we're so much smarter than the rest of the world" foolishness.

They are, IMO, one of the VERY few fanbases worse than Yankees fans.

Hey if I was Pats fan I would want the Steelers in Foxboro. The Steelers secondary is a joke and Brady and company would probably do alot better against them they would against alot of other teams in the post season. Unless of course they have no faith in their defense.

Again...Whatever helps them sleep at night I guess.

No Patriots fan with an IQ above 50 [Insert Joke Here] believes/is peddling this nonsense. 

Bullsh!t.

F*ck... many Pats fans believed that the texts between McNally and Jastremski were about a diet.  

Pats fans always swallow every drop without question.

So when Gronk sacrificed his body catching one over the middle on that game tying drive in the final minutes was he purposely trying to help the jets win?

I hate that guy, but man what a play he made.

And you are right, that was actually BB trying to fool people into thinking he wanted to win, even though he wanted to lose.

They're all over FB patting themselves on the back about how it's so "logical". Now they're saying that this is why Belichick had Brady take a knee at halftime etc. They were basically "gifting us" the game. 

The sh*t is really out of control now. I mean by that "logic" what was the point of doing everything you could to lose the game yet go for it twice on 4th down in order to keep the final drive alive just to tie the game and go into overtime? 

Were the Pats trying to make it more believable or something? Pat fans are the most delusional fans I've ever seen. 

What a genius plan risking Brady & Gronk injury for a ruse.

It's really something. We've reached the point where Pats fans find it literally unbelieveable that their team could lose a game without poor officiating, a leaguewide conspiracy, or a tank job being the real culprit.

I find it literally unbelievable that this wasn't a tank job. I don't think the aim was to screw over the Steelers in service of some vendetta, just to put us in the playoffs instead. They've had a few bad halves in the last couple of games but nobody wants to play that offense and we're the Jets. Belichick has done some goofy stuff like the fourth down play against the Colts a few years ago, but even that is roughly a million times less weird than kicking to start overtime. It's idiotic and a huge double bird to Brady to boot. Not pulling the starters doesn't mean anything. The Steelers game was up for grabs the whole time it would have made any sense to do that. This shouldn't be controversial. Holding the door open for us sure worked out for Indy in 2009. Arguing about the legitimacy of this victory basically concedes that we know we're not going to make them pay for it later.

I find it literally unbelievable that this wasn't a tank job. I don't think the aim was to screw over the Steelers in service of some vendetta, just to put us in the playoffs instead. They've had a few bad halves in the last couple of games but nobody wants to play that offense and we're the Jets. Belichick has done some goofy stuff like the fourth down play against the Colts a few years ago, but even that is roughly a million times less weird than kicking to start overtime. It's idiotic and a huge double bird to Brady to boot. Not pulling the starters doesn't mean anything. The Steelers game was up for grabs the whole time it would have made any sense to do that. This shouldn't be controversial. Holding the door open for us sure worked out for Indy in 2009. Arguing about the legitimacy of this victory basically concedes that we know we're not going to make them pay for it later.

I am sure mumbles and adams looked at tanking game to avoid pitt, however if they truly tried to tank game, they would have punted on 4th and 1. also mumbles had no control on  pitts chokedown vs balt. 

It's the biggest single reason I hate almost every Pats Fan online (stress online, in person alot are different in my experience).

They simply cannot give credit where credit is due when their team is beaten.  They have no respect for anyone but themselves.

They are literally the definition of Internet Douche.  When they win, they are insufferable.  When they lose, they are utterly dismissive and rife with "we meant to do that because we're so much smarter than the rest of the world" foolishness.

They are, IMO, one of the VERY few fanbases worse than Yankees fans.

you were doing just fine until you brought the Yankees into it. Stick to the football field. 

Hey if I was Pats fan I would want the Steelers in Foxboro. The Steelers secondary is a joke and Brady and company would probably do alot better against them they would against alot of other teams in the post season. Unless of course they have no faith in their defense.

Again...Whatever helps them sleep at night I guess.

I think Marshall/ Decker to be equal to Brown /Bryant. AB is obviously the best WR in the league, but collectively Decker/Marshall on par with Pitt.

Now it comes down to the Defense as the tie breaker. Pats would much rather face Steeler "D" than Jets.

I think NE would rather play Steelers for these reasons.

You're throwing in your lot with Simmons. Don't do that.

I might be remembering this wrong, but didn't BB do this one other time (kick in OT) and he won that game?

While I don't think that BB tried to give us the win, his decisions (like not trying to score with 1:30 left in half) seem baffling to me.  Maybe he was trying to protect his offense from more injuries, maybe the Jets D got into his head (doubt it), but he did look more like a coach trying not to loose than the typical Pats approach by trying to win with aggressive offensive play.

I think Marshall/ Decker to be equal to Brown /Bryant. AB is obviously the best WR in the league, but collectively Decker/Marshall on par with Pitt.

Now it comes down to the Defense as the tie breaker. Pats would much rather face Steeler "D" than Jets.

I think NE would rather play Steelers for these reasons.

ben or fitz?

ben or fitz?

Fitz the better scrambler, Ben way tougher to bring down and has a much stronger arm which causes the secondary to play back further.

Obviously Ben the better QB. So are you saying Pitt a tougher matchup than Jets?? I say equal because of Jets "D" and their ability to frustrate Tammy.

Is theJet matchup that much more attractive that you would risk losing HFA throughout the PO's? 

I doubt that.

Billy goes for it twice on 4th down in the final 5 minutes of regulation, risks major injury to Brady and Gronk, scores the game tying TD, plays a full out defense to make the Jets go 3-and-out and uses a timeout to stop the clock to get the ball back with 30 seconds left in regulation, and then once again plays a full out defense to make the Jets go 3-and-out in OT until a PI penalty gives the Jets new life and we march down and score a game winning TD....but yea, Belichick played chess the final 20 minutes of the game to lose on purpose to stick it to the steelers who had been down most of the second half by two possessions against the Ravens. 

Right. 

Pats fans...smh. 

Billy goes for it twice on 4th down in the final 5 minutes of regulation, risks major injury to Brady and Gronk, scores the game tying TD, plays a full out defense to make the Jets go 3-and-out and uses a timeout to stop the clock to get the ball back with 30 seconds left in regulation, and then once again plays a full out defense to make the Jets go 3-and-out in OT until a PI penalty gives the Jets new life and we march down and score a game winning TD....but yea, Belichick played chess the final 20 minutes of the game to lose on purpose to stick it to the steelers who had been down most of the second half by two possessions against the Ravens. 

Right. 

Pats fans...smh. 

You get it

Fitz the better scrambler, Ben way tougher to bring down and has a much stronger arm which causes the secondary to play back further.

Obviously Ben the better QB. So are you saying Pitt a tougher matchup than Jets?? I say equal because of Jets "D" and their ability to frustrate Tammy.

Is theJet matchup that much more attractive that you would risk losing HFA throughout the PO's? 

I doubt that.

no I think that's a reach, nobody would throw a game intentionally but Pitt is a more dangerous playoff team because ben has been there before

no I think that's a reach, nobody would throw a game intentionally but Pitt is a more dangerous playoff team because ben has been there before

Yeah.... that is BIG...... but it didn't help Ben against the Ravens 

and NOT being in BIG games didn't hurt Fitz on that OT drive.

If I were BB, I'd fear the Jets. It's ALL about Tammy. Keep Tammy upright and the Offense does all the heavy lifting.

Tammy gets knocked around and they start to collapse as a team.

I might be remembering this wrong, but didn't BB do this one other time (kick in OT) and he won that game?

While I don't think that BB tried to give us the win, his decisions (like not trying to score with 1:30 left in half) seem baffling to me.  Maybe he was trying to protect his offense from more injuries, maybe the Jets D got into his head (doubt it), but he did look more like a coach trying not to loose than the typical Pats approach by trying to win with aggressive offensive play.

He did it in OT against Denver in 2013 when there was a strong wind in one direction.  Pats won that game by 3.

Pats scored one offensive TD yesterday and they only could do it while in perpetual 4 down territory.  BB coached the entire game like a man who assumed (correctly) that the Patriots offense was not going to be able to move the ball against the Jets defense.  

When BB "throws" games he rests starters wholesale and screws around during the game itself.  A good example is a 28-26 loss vs. Miami several years ago in which Doug Flutie executed a drop kick and Matt Cassell appeared to intentionally airmail a game-tying 2-point conversion pass into the 10th row of the EZ stands in order to avoid sending the game into OT.  None of those shenanigans went on yesterday.  BB was definitely trying to win, but he knew they wouldn't be able to win by scoring a lot of offensive TD's. 

it would make sense except the obvious fact that these teams are a lot closer than chowds have the courage to admit they are

26-20

23-30

16-17

25-27

asking for marshall, decker, fitz, wilk, sheldumb and revis in a playoff game is profound stupidity

. Belichick has done some goofy stuff like the fourth down play against the Colts a few years ago, but even that is roughly a million times less weird than kicking to start overtime. It's idiotic and a huge double bird to Brady to boot.

the pats kicked off in overtime in 2013 and won

sorry

Archived