ESPN is saying the Jets are the team no one wants to face in the playoffs

joewilly12

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're absolutely right, yesterday should have been a blowout from the start... Those two deep throws were easy TD's but that's the limitations of a QB like fitz, he's great in the short game but we can't take advantage when we have a man beat deep

and there it is, you still want that clown Geno to be playing.    Dude go away with that crap. Geno sucks and will never play for the Jets again.    I " can't wait " for you to go be a fan of the team Geno plays for next year and leaves this team alone.  

and there it is, you still want that clown Geno to be playing.    Dude go away with that crap. Geno sucks and will never play for the Jets again.    I " can't wait " for you to go be a fan of the team Geno plays for next year and leaves this team alone.  

waaaaaahhh 

If only Fitz was better those perfectly thrown deep passes wouldn't clang off the receiver's hands

I believe the Jets will be so focused to win Sunday that the momentum of that game will propel them to great things in the playoffs. Hopefully a long playoff run is in the works for this team. They have all the makings of that to happen. Just take care of business on Sunday vs Rexy and the Bills. Who knows the Jets could go all the way to the Super Bowl momentum took the Giants all the way to Super Bowls. Why Not the Jets? We will see

Why not the Jets been saying that for 46 years!!!!!!!  Great post. 

The Jets have a very good D. It is improving with the secondary becoming more capable with communicating. When th O clicks on those deep passes they will be very difficult.

everyone fails to realize this team has had to learn 2 entirely new systems. I said it earlier in the year if we could get by the first 8 games with a decent record this team would be very dangerous in December . 

Those thoughts keep creeping in my head too.

Was joking today with a Giants fan friend today who told me that this was by far the worst year he's ever witnessed for them. Not because of their record, but because of the way they lose. His comment was "at least in the 4-12 years you knew they would suck". My reply? Screw off. You just described virtually every Jets season of the past 40 years. We continued on that the Giants season was Jets like, and maybe this a reversal of roles, and this Jets team is like those last 2 Giants ones that were ok in the regular season and got good late. 

To be honest though, I can't help but look at a game like yesterday and wonder if they can really pull it off. What I mean by that is that they seem to not really be able to assert themselves fully yet. Yesterday should have been a blowout, much like the Giants game, but it took overtime and a couple of late breaks. Sorry, but if we end up playing the Pats, dominate the ball but can't bury them, we will lose on the road. I've completely given up on those long throws. As soon as a ball goes up in the air longer than 10-15 yards, I immediately think "what a waste of a down". Not only because we never seem to complete them, but also because we seem to have such a high percentage on those 10-15 yard throws. Stick with what works. But man oh man, if we could somehow figure those out, they could be a buzz saw in January. 

Yeah, i was looking at the best case scenario. Think of it this way: in 8 quarters of football against the Patriots, we've probably been the better team in about 6 of those. We held leads throughout most of those games. When was the last time we managed to do that? We're evenly matched, which is saying something when you consider they are the favorites to win the AFC.

Yeah, no safe hands on this team other than Marshall and Decker. Enunwa catches that ball and its over in regulation. This shouldn't be as big an issue if the defense plays well though, this team can still score enough points to win. 

Clearly it would have been preferable to have Bowles go 3-13!  :)

We don't know what the future holds for this regime.  All we have is the information currently in front of us.  But the big difference is that both our HC and GM were recommended by solid football people, not hires made by the whims of Woody Johnson or some search firm.  So far the early returns are strong. 

And I think both our GM and HC have the kind of demeanor you look for out of "CEO" types for a franchise.   The singular focus for both is making this team better today than it was yesterday, not celebrating all wins like they're a Super Bowl or bemoaning all losses like the end of the world.

Thank you....

It is amazing that about 40% of this board was calling Bowles incompetent just a few weeks ago and now we are saying that though we may win 11 games it is no big deal...

It is a BIG DEAL.  

Even winning 10 games after the last four seasons is a BIG DEAL!!!

Meaningful games in December is all you can ask....

AND WE GOT THAT!!!!

Come on Guys........ :)

This is the Jets most balanced team since 1998.

They're 8th in Total Offense, 10th in Scoring Offense, 7th in Total Defense, 7th in Scoring Defense

If you take away points allowed on special teams (returns) and on offense... Jets in 4th on scoring D.   I eliminated XPs as well but counted 2pt plays.   So basically, Receiving and Rushing TDs * 6 + Field Goals (assumption here is D let them in position) * 3 + 2 pointers * 2.  Didn't count XP simply because I can't differentiate which came from TDs allowed on special teams and offense....

No one said it was going to be easy, but the Bills defense is not good and Tyrod Taylor is not a good QB. The Jets should win this going away.

Must you be a killjoy all of the time? You're insufferable. The Jets beat the teams put in front of them the last five weeks.

You also said the Texans game would be a cakewalk for the Jets.

People said that weeks ago before we beat the Pats.  That they'd only start believing if we won that game.  I think you're now the last holdover?

I think he's basically saying, "stop saying nice things about this team and let's all rip Fitz to shreds when they don't win the SB"

People said that weeks ago before we beat the Pats.  That they'd only start believing if we won that game.  I think you're now the last holdover?

I want to believe... I really do but I can't help but feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. regardless of whether I believe in my heart that this team is for real, this game on sunday is the most important jets game in years... if we win we're a playoff team, if we lose then who knows what next year will look like. I see a team at a crossroads and believe me I do not want a rebuild, I think our window is now so lets just win the game so we can build on this instead of blowing it up

you're absolutely right, yesterday should have been a blowout from the start... Those two deep throws were easy TD's but that's the limitations of a QB like fitz, he's great in the short game but we can't take advantage when we have a man beat deep

Dude, you are a negative Nancy. jeez.

everyone fails to realize this team has had to learn 2 entirely new systems. I said it earlier in the year if we could get by the first 8 games with a decent record this team would be very dangerous in December . 

Agreed. I think many forget that we still haven't peaked on either side of the ball. Fitz and Enunwa are still getting used to each other. The big play will come.

I believe the Jets will be so focused to win Sunday that the momentum of that game will propel them to great things in the playoffs. Hopefully a long playoff run is in the works for this team. They have all the makings of that to happen. Just take care of business on Sunday vs Rexy and the Bills. Who knows the Jets could go all the way to the Super Bowl momentum took the Giants all the way to Super Bowls. Why Not the Jets? We will see

your name should disqualify you from posting .....?

I want to believe... I really do but I can't help but feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. regardless of whether I believe in my heart that this team is for real, this game on sunday is the most important jets game in years... if we win we're a playoff team, if we lose then who knows what next year will look like. I see a team at a crossroads and believe me I do not want a rebuild, I think our window is now so lets just win the game so we can build on this instead of blowing it up

WTF? Blowing it up? We won 10 games. You're nuts.

WTF? Blowing it up? We won 10 games. You're nuts.

if we don't make the playoffs this year then its not likely we will next year with an aging group of core players. the jets stars are aligned this year ... the easiest schedule in the league, key upset losses that we needed to get us into the playoffs, having a healthy roster, brandon marshall having a career resurgence at age 32. if this team is not good enough to make the playoffs with all the things that worked in our favor all season long then maybe we really are just pretenders. and here we are facing rex ryan in the final week, you couldn't have scripted it any better. I tell you what, sunday can't come fast enough, this is going to be an epic finish to a crazy season

if we don't make the playoffs this year then its not likely we will next year with an aging group of core players. the jets stars are aligned this year ... the easiest schedule in the league, key upset losses that we needed to get us into the playoffs, having a healthy roster, brandon marshall having a career resurgence at age 32. if this team is not good enough to make the playoffs with all the things that worked in our favor all season long then maybe we really are just pretenders. and here we are facing rex ryan in the final week, you couldn't have scripted it any better. I tell you what, sunday can't come fast enough, this is going to be an epic finish to a crazy season

So jets performance next week and, if they lose, the happening of other independent events resulting in them missing the playoffs, will have a discernible effect on the team's 2016 performance. I'm not buying. This isn't a situation where team is at a culture crossroads and risks slipping into a losing culture of they miss out this year. That said it is moot since your boy Geno is going to toss a garbage time TD this week to Cumberland as Fitz, Marshall and Decker fist pump on the sidelines in the 4th quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah well now I will only believe if Jets beat an undefeated team at high tide during a new moon on leap day in a year that is a palindrome in both Roman and Arabic numerals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team IS for real, we've all seen the way this team has played this month. I cant remember the last time the NY effing Jets have fought and punched their way through the month of December like this. They have weapons, they have a defense that any team out there has to fear and respect. They are standing up right in front of us and maturing into a legit NFL team. They BELIEVE in themselves.

Win, lose or draw in the next few weeks, this team has made it through the crossroads.They are in high gear and grabbing the map from the glovebox so they can plot a course to the bright lights where serious contenders reside.

The core is there, the foundation is stable. No need to rebuild, just remodel a room or 2 with new drapes and maybe a rug.

BELIEVE MFer!

Archived