Shefter: RGIII VISITING JETS -- MERGED

Maxman

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with having a look and talk to the guy.  I would rather have him than Geno especially since this will probably be Geno's last year here.

If things look good then perhaps a nice low offer with incentive's.    

REMEMBER:  We SHOULD BE LOOKING AT EVERY AVAILABLE QB UNTIL THE CHOSEN ONE ARRIVES.  

This is all about leverage.  It's interesting watching the back-and-forth, with Fitz's camp leaking that other teams are interested in him, and the Jets camp leaking that they're willing to sign someone else and maybe even go with Geno Smith.

At some point, someone will budge, but this could take time to play out.  The longer it goes on, the more leverage the Jets get.

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Nothing wrong with having a look and talk to the guy.  I would rather have him than Geno especially since this will probably be Geno's last year here.

If things look good then perhaps a nice low offer with incentive's.    

REMEMBER:  We SHOULD BE LOOKING AT EVERY AVAILABLE QB FROM UNTIL THE CHOSEN ONE ARRIVES.  

I would love to hear Marshall ' s take on the QB he'd like to work with.

3 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

This is all about leverage.  It's interesting watching the back-and-forth, with Fitz's camp leaking that other teams are interested in him, and the Jets camp that they're willing to sign someone else and maybe even go with Geno Smith.

At some point, someone will budge, but this could take time to play out.  The longer it goes on, the more leverage the Jets get.

This will be resolved next week.

ARLINGTON, TX - OCTOBER 13:  Robert Griffin III #10 of the Washington Redskins warms up before a game against the Dallas Cowboys on October 13, 2013 in Arlington, Texas.  (Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images)

Quarterback is the single most important position on the football field in the NFL today and the Jets seem to be covering all their bases in looking for their QB. We told you yesterday about the Colin Kaepernick rumors, today Mark Sanchez was traded to the Broncos which could take them out of the Kap \ Fitzpatrick market. Adam Schefter just tweeted that former Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III is coming in to meet with the Jets today.

It does seem like Ryan Fitzpatrick is losing his negotiating leverage, so this could be the Jets playing hard ball. Either way, we will keep you posted but be sure to visit our forums to read more about RG3 to the Jets.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
GVnYyyC1s6c

Click here to read the full story...

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't RGIII's issue that Dan Snyder anointed him the King of the Free World and that pissed off his teammates and coaches?

He was doing national commercials right after being drafted was acting like he had 3 rings and was just a cocky little sh*t

Archived