WR Robby Anderson?

Sarge4Tide

Anderson's Chances after 2 Preseason Games?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. After 2 Preseason Games, what are WR Robby Anderson's chances of starting the season on the Jets 53 man active roster?

• 0-10%
    • 11-20%
    • 21-30%
    • 31-40%
    • 41-50%
    • 51-60%
    • 61-70%
    • 71-80%
    • 81-90%
    • 91-100%

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He had over 100 yards catching and clearly understands how to high point the ball...which is very important when trying to have success in this league. 

Right on the money. Especially as a speed/deep threat type guy. 

4 hours ago, cant wait said:

For all the hype about Marshall from TC I thought Anderson was more impressive yesterday

At this point, at least based on what we have seen in games, I would think Anderson has passed Marshall.  So far he looks to be making the best showing for the fifth WR spot, and that's assuming Peake is already locked in.  Although of course it's tough to say what the coaches are thinking based on practices and all the other info they have.

Anderson is definitely going to make it until at least the final cutdowns, with how things go the next two weeks likely being a big factor in the ultimate decision.  If he can keep this up in those games, he should be in great shape to make the roster.  Barring things taking a major turn for the worse, I think he's at least locked in for a PS spot at this point.

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

At this point, at least based on what we have seen in games, I would think Anderson has passed Marshall.  So far he looks to be making the best showing for the fifth WR spot, and that's assuming Peake is already locked in.  Although of course it's tough to say what the coaches are thinking based on practices and all the other info they have.

Anderson is definitely going to make it until at least the final cutdowns, with how things go the next two weeks likely being a big factor in the ultimate decision.  If he can keep this up in those games, he should be in great shape to make the roster.  Barring things taking a major turn for the worse, I think he's at least locked in for a PS spot at this point.

What do you see the final WR group as? I have black&decker/enunwa/peake/marshall/anderson assuming d.smith starts on PUP

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He had over 100 yards catching and clearly understands how to high point the ball...which is very important when trying to have success in this league. 

I don't know if it has anything to do with understanding.  Some guys are just able to play the ball better than others. 

If it comes down to Anderson vs. Marshall, there's no way you take Marshall.  

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

A more pertinent question is "what are the chances this team is dumb enough to cut one or more promising young receivers so we can keep Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg?"

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. Kind of sad to imagine happening. 

36 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I want to keep them all, cut Thompkins, and one of those useless Tight Ends, we have hanging around. The Jets may count Enunwa in the T.E/H.B column when it comes to listing the Depth chart anyway?

This. That is your answer. 

52 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I want to keep them all, cut Thompkins, and one of those useless Tight Ends, we have hanging around. The Jets may count Enunwa in the T.E/H.B column when it comes to listing the Depth chart anyway?

THIS!

Big play ability isn't something you can coach . I would definitely keep him on the roster and develop him . His size and Speed ratio is up is very good and he had much better production than Stephen hill . That catch on the sideline remind me so much of lavernius cole 

I am concerned about Devin Smith.   I hate when guys like Vernon Gholston, Dee Milliner, Joe McKnight, Stephen Hill, etc. are kept around year after year waiting for something to click... meanwhile, guys like Terrance Mathis and Danny Woodhead get cut.

I saw exactly squadoosh from Devin last year to make me think he has something.   Zero aggression when the ball is in the air.  The PUP list is the best place for him.  If I understand the PUP rules correctly, the Jets have a little extra time to evaluate Marshall and Anderson.

We have to keep the pure WRs, Peake & Anderson. I got caught up in the J.Marshall hype but after all of those drops I can see him on the PS & Bowles going with Ross on returns. 

Like others have said, Robbie Anderson showed more Pro WR skills in 2 preseason games than Stephen Hill showed in 3 seasons in the Pros. He has great body control, runs great routes & high points the ball & catches with his HANDS, what a concept.

40 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am concerned about Devin Smith.   I hate when guys like Vernon Gholston, Dee Milliner, Joe McKnight, Stephen Hill, etc. are kept around year after year waiting for something to click... meanwhile, guys like Terrance Mathis and Danny Woodhead get cut.

I saw exactly squadoosh from Devin last year to make me think he has something.   Zero aggression when the ball is in the air.  The PUP list is the best place for him.  If I understand the PUP rules correctly, the Jets have a little extra time to evaluate Marshall and Anderson.

are you kidding...Devin Smith played 3 games in his rookie season...its one thing to keep someone around for 4 years with a large pool of game tape showing they haven't improved at all...to cut your second round pick after he has played 3 games in the NFL is just silly.  Zero aggression when the ball is in the air..i remember most of the plays where the ball was in the air it was thrown 10 feet behind him when he had a wide open field infront of him...he wasnt drafted to be the next Dez Bryant he isnt the guy who is going to fight and get the ball in triple coverage...he was drafted to be the speedy guy who can get open for a big play and he was drafted when Geno Smith was our starter not Fitzpatrick. Devin Smith might end up being a bust but to be concerned about him based on his own performance at this point is absurd.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

He was a bad pick, it happens, I'm excited we have a few young raw and talented receivers here, I'd like to have continuity, especially with Marshall getting older, and Decker hitting 30 soon. When I think back thinking Kearley was our best W.R, with David Nelson, Greg Salas, and Ryan Fooking Spadola.

14 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with understanding.  Some guys are just able to play the ball better than others. 

If it comes down to Anderson vs. Marshall, there's no way you take Marshall.  

He has a good understanding of timing and when to jump, use his body, ect..that's what I'm saying.

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Slow your roll.  The kid missed almost all of training camp and preseason and then got thrown into the fire. 

And you might have a point if Fitzpatrick threw some jump balls to Smith, but he didn't.  He threw balls behind Smith.  And a QB shouldn't really be throwing jump balls to Smith.  A QB needs to be throwing the ball in front of Smith, which Fitzpatrick isn't capable of doing.

I promise you, Robby Anderson wouldn't have had those big plays if Fitzpatrick was the QB.

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Exactly. 

He reminds me of David Nelson when he has his helmet on, except he is so much smaller it is actually a little concerning. Also can he do any return duties if the others aren't signed? 

I like the way how this kid looks so natural catching the ball. he seems to be a football player, who knows how to protect himself out on the field and still be productive.  Kind of reminds me of a taller Marvin Harrison  .   For now, I would like to see Marshall, Decker, Peake , Marshall, Anderson and Ross be the WRs with Devin Smith on the PUP list and Enunwa moved to TE  and cut all the other garbage on the roster .  

I like him....he looked awesome the other night.  We have a few crazy rookie WRs

nderson had 70 receptions for 939 yards and seven touchdowns in 2015. During the 2014 season, he had 44 receptions for 791 yards and nine touchdowns.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.34 seconds 
Vertical: 36 1/2 inches 
Broad jump: 10 feet, 8 inches 
Short shuttle: 4.28 seconds 
3-cone: 7.07 seconds 
Bench: 8 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Has tremendous bounce to climb the ladder and snatch the pass at its high point. Has excellent balance and body control to make the circus catch. Plays faster than his timed speed and has decent short area quickness. Well-liked by coaching staff and considered a good teammate. Showed ability to get some separation during Shrine Game practices.

WEAKNESSES

Rail-thin frame. Missed 2014 season after being suspended for academic purposes and elements of his game fell off in 2015. No such things as easy catches. Able to make the circus catch, but struggled badly with focus drops. Average long speed and getting deep on double moves and through play­-action.

Archived