Scoreboard watching

MetsJets1962

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Larz I can't help but agree.  We've 0 playoff hopes so that is not part of the "watch".

I suppose we can just hope to see all the teams we hate lose.  I'll make my list: NE, Pitt, Buf, Mia, Ravens, Giants.  Hmmm, so other than our division, just the Pitt, Ravens and Giants I guess.    

Look we are pretty much out of it playoff wise. But I'll still be rooting against teams that I either despise or that could compete with the Jets for a wildcard. Look at the bright side unless you're a season ticket holder. When the team sucks tickets are dirt cheap. In the late '70's you could walk into Shea Stadium and if you gave an usher a five dollar bill you could sit with the elites. On the other hand who wants to go.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look we are pretty much out of it playoff wise. But I'll still be rooting against teams that I either despise or that could compete with the Jets for a wildcard. Look at the bright side unless you're a season ticket holder. When the team sucks tickets are dirt cheap. In the late '70's you could walk into Shea Stadium and if you gave an usher a five dollar bill you could sit with the elites. On the other hand who wants to go.

Sadly many of us attended every game and stayed until the end during the Kotite era if you would have told me this would happen again I would laugh in your face sadly it seems it could happen again.  

Lets see how resilient the current fans are lets see if they attend every game and stay until the end. 

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I already started doing that. Not bad really. 

The problem with watching college games is that even without an enhanced package there are so many games on that it's hard to make a decision and concentrate on any one game. I end up channel surfing and basically not knowing what's going on in any of the games. 

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The best thing for this franchise is to finish 2-14 and get the top pick in every round of the draft.  We need an influx of young, good players.  

Scoreboard watch and hope all those teams win.

We had the 1st pick in the draft in 1996 and 1997 what did that get us?? KJ in a draft so bad a QB wasn't taken till the middle of the 2nd rd and 97 the Tuna decided not to tell Peyton he would take him if he came out and traded down..

5 hours ago, MetsJets1962 said:

I know it's too early and probably irrelevant but who do I want to lose. I'm too stupid and too lazy to work our for myself. Just in the off chance we go on a run and make a last gasp failed attempt at the play offs.

The Jets.  You may not know it yet.

" Night of the game you might feel a slight sting, that's pride f-ing with you, F pride, pride only hurts, it never helps, you fight through that shit, because a year from now when we got the number one pick, you gonna say to yourself ,The Crusher was right."

13 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

We had the 1st pick in the draft in 1996 and 1997 what did that get us?? KJ in a draft so bad a QB wasn't taken till the middle of the 2nd rd and 97 the Tuna decided not to tell Peyton he would take him if he came out and traded down..

Um, we took james farrior and keyshawn johnson.  Those 2 guys had careers better than anyone sans darelle revis we drafted in the  last 20 years.  

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Um, we took james farrior and keyshawn johnson.  Those 2 guys had careers better than anyone sans darelle revis we drafted in the  last 20 years.  

My point was we could have done better and Farrior was good for Pitt no so much for us.. KJ biggest contribution was getting us 2 1st rd picks..:)

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The problem with watching college games is that even without an enhanced package there are so many games on that it's hard to make a decision and concentrate on any one game. I end up channel surfing and basically not knowing what's going on in any of the games. 

The key to enjoy college football is to pick and chose match ups that has two Top 10 teams in it. They turn out to be good football games. Yesterday I watched Clemson game to see Watson but he didn't impress me. At 3:30 I started watching Alabama game and first half was OK but shut down the second half. Last night after putting kids to bed I watched Ohio State against  Wisconsin. #2 against #8. The game was awesome. I already got my football fix yesterday. Today I will only watch Redzone for fantasy and I don't plan to watch Sunday night football as I have no players in it. 

10 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

My point was we could have done better and Farrior was good for Pitt no so much for us.. KJ biggest contribution was getting us 2 1st rd picks..:)

Those 2 years, the only qb drafted in rnd 1 was drunkenmiller. 

Ray lewis went after keyshawn and tony gonzales went after farrior.

besides that, we made the right picks and both were game changers.  

Reality is that we are already in a desperately bad situation for a wildcard. Our best chance at going to the playoffs is to sweep NE and then play 1 game better than them in the rest of the games. At this point, even if we finish 10-6, if those losses are divisional losses we  are unlikely to win a tie breaker. We need a miracle finish like KC had last year. All of our issues go back to starting Fitz after Geno was healthy, and being extremely stupid in the offseason trying to "win now"

Archived