I Hope I'm Wrong ...

KRL

30 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

What nonsense. I would completely understand if Geno Smith is booed. Not because of loyalty to Fitz, but because we already know how worthless Smith is. Until Petty is playing, there is absolutely no reason to be interested in these games. Let's find out what he is now, while we're essentially playing an extended 2017 preseason.

Makes no sense whatsoever to boo a player who hasn't played in two seasons and the team is hoping improves play.  Just going into it saying we already know how worthless he is on it's own is equally dumb.  

One more, arguing with people who are looking at this with interest, telling there is no reason to be interested.  We should all be as miserable and bored as a handful of fans are.  Yeah. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno's been here since 2013 and he has not been a bad citizen. He's had a few encounters here and there like the sexting (but we had a HOF Qb here for a year who was also an idiot too) the airport, the movies, IK, etc. Of course his fans excused him for everything. The two things I find it hard to excuse: acting like a baby at the draft and his selfish behavior on the sidelines during last week's game. And last week his play on the field was hardly an improvement over Fitz. I think he gets one or two games. 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

But it's going to be pathetic tomorrow when "fans" boo Smith before he does anything
negative to hurt the team.  Fitzpatrick is the biggest culprit in this team being
1-6 in it's last seven games and missing the playoffs.  What has he done to generate
such "love" from the fanbase and media?  He was here for one year, came up small in 
the BUF game, held out all off-season (hurting chemistry with the WR's) and played
horribly this year.  Booing Smith before any negative performance will just allow the
media to mock the fanbase as being morons 

Jets Fans are generally considered bad fans outside NY.  They shouldn't boo, but they will.

Geno gets booed because of 2013, 2014 & 2015.  People should understand the doubts, but some don't.

Why is any of this news?

1 hour ago, KRL said:

But it's going to be pathetic tomorrow when "fans" boo Smith before he does anything
negative to hurt the team.  Fitzpatrick is the biggest culprit in this team being
1-6 in it's last seven games and missing the playoffs.  What has he done to generate
such "love" from the fanbase and media?  He was here for one year, came up small in 
the BUF game, held out all off-season (hurting chemistry with the WR's) and played
horribly this year.  Booing Smith before any negative performance will just allow the

Does it affect your thoughts knowing that Fitzpatrick would have been mercilessly booed too if he was starting tomorrow?  That could have had at least some weight in the decision to  bench Fitz?

I don't think booing Geno tomorrow is related to what Fitz what would have endured tomorrow.  They are different players, equally deserving to hear it from the fans for different reasons.

If Geno wants people to support him, then he needs to grow up and play good football.  He needs to earn it.

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For me, the answer is simple.  If you don't want to get booed, play better and be more of a good person/teammate.  Two things Geno failed at miserably.

How was he a bad person and bad team mate?  IK assaulted him the Jets cut IK seems pretty cut and dry. 

Geno the bad person I don's see it. 

Fitzpatrick the bad person yes holding out coming in fat and out of football shape playing like he did thats a bad person.

If there is booing, it could be well deserved. Not for just Geno but the entire team. There is 1 person who could turn the boos into cheers and that's Geno. He wanted his chance and here it is. What would everyone think if Geno throws 3 INT's after his 3rd pick the cameras show Petty or Hack getting pissy on the sideline?

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

For me, the answer is simple.  If you don't want to get booed, play better and be more of a good person/teammate.  Two things Geno failed at miserably.

Except he's going to get boo'd at intros, first walk onto the field.

Good person/teammate is one of those fuzzy things, we have no clue who is or isn't a good person off the field.  

25 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

If there is booing, it could be well deserved. Not for just Geno but the entire team. There is 1 person who could turn the boos into cheers and that's Geno. He wanted his chance and here it is. What would everyone think if Geno throws 3 INT's after his 3rd pick the cameras show Petty or Hack getting pissy on the sideline?

If it's what Geno did in the sideline, I could care less.  Being at games you see that kind of shlt every week. 

Pissy is something completely different.  

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

If Geno and the gang can pull it together for a win this week, pretty decent chance we're 5-5 heading into first matchup vs NE.

Fans will be cheering by then.

I've been saying this all week. These next 4 games are much different than our last 4. Obviously I do not have much confidence, but there is still a tiny glimmering sense of optimism. 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Booing Smith before any negative performance will just allow the

I have complained before about Jets fans cheering Chad Pennington being injured, the booing of Sanchez during warm-ups and even the repeated hopes for sexual assaults against him.  So your concerns are very well founded.

And no, just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean you should undermine the Jets and Geno even before the game has begun. 

Folks should save up all their hostility for the OPPOSING TEAM not to the one they are giving their money to!!!!!

2 hours ago, KRL said:

I think fans will cheer for ANYONE not named Ryan Fitzpatrick at qb.. they sure as hec don't won't to see him out there again 

Jets fans must fight temptation to boo Geno Smith right away

We know you’re angry, upset, frustrated and disillusioned. We know a change in quarterback, a move that usually breeds renewed optimism, doesn’t have quite that same feel when it comes to the Jets.

But the decision by head coach Todd Bowles has been made. Geno Smith will start Sunday’s game against the Ravens at MetLife Stadium instead of Ryan Fitzpatrick. And as much as you might be tempted to show up with bags over your heads or a bullhorn to voice your displeasure, the more constructive approach is to resist the urge to boo, especially Smith.

Don’t boo his first incomplete pass, bad decision or interception. If you really want the Jets to make the most of a softer schedule and turn around their 1-5 season, then Smith will need your cheers before your jeers.

We know that goes against nature. You’ve seen enough bad football and this was supposed to be a step forward from 10-6. Instead, it seems you’re back where you started. Still, the Jets want your help.

“We’re in New York City,” penalty-plagued defensive back Buster Skrine said. “It’s big to have that 12th man. We definitely need it. We have to win here.”

The right to boo comes with the price of the ticket and Smith could be an early target. Normally, being a backup is a charmed existence, a popular option in desperate times. But Smith might have the shortest leash ever for a quarterback replacing a starter. He and Jets Nation already have formed a volatile relationship, stemming from his two years as the starter.

The Jets’ regime would ask you to forgive Smith for his 36 interceptions and exercise patience as he tries to jump-start an anemic offense. He has matured, they say. He knows more about football. He deserves his chance.

So don’t boo Smith when he trots on the field or misses his first throw. There will will plenty of time to do that later if needed.

“I know we have passionate fans here that really care,” wide receiver Brandon Marshall said on Friday. “Sometimes they show their displeasure and I’m sure they’ll do that if we’re not turning it around. But we definitely need them on Sunday. We’re in it together.”

The home-field advantage is one of the few advantages the Jets will have this weekend. That’s negated if the home crowd sees their quarterback as the villain.

It’s forgotten Smith was actually showing signs late in 2014 of potentially being a reliable starter. In his last start on Dec. 28, 2014, he beat the Dolphins 37-24, in Miami. He threw for 358 yards and three touchdowns, a big reason he was the unquestioned starter heading into the 2015 training camp. In fact, Smith played well in his final three games of 2014 where he tossed five TDs and threw just one interception.

But nothing looks good when you’re 3-11 and they have just fired your head coach. Then he got punched in the jaw and the rest is Fitzmagic or at least it was.

Now it’s Smith’s turn, his last chance to make this whole Jets experience worthwhile. It’s likely he won’t be here next season. But there’s still a win-win. If plays he well, it will get him a richer contract for a fresh start elsewhere. If he plays well, the Jets win.

It’s a win for fans too.

“We have to understand that some of our fans are more vested in our team than we are,” Marshall said. “They’ve been around as season ticket holders for 30, 40, 50 years, generation after generation. At the end of the day we want what they want. What they want we want. We’ve got to do it together. It’s not just the product on the field. But creating that environment is really important. We need it to be electric and outstanding and I’m expecting that come Sunday.”

Or, you can just boo.

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

What nonsense. I would completely understand if Geno Smith is booed. Not because of loyalty to Fitz, but because we already know how worthless Smith is. Until Petty is playing, there is absolutely no reason to be interested in these games. Let's find out what he is now, while we're essentially playing an extended 2017 preseason.

If fans go to the stadium knowing Geno is starting, and boo him, then the that is on them.  I can see booing Bowels or the defense because of their performance in 2016 to date but booing Geno is just ignorant.  If you're going to boo Geno from the get go then just stay home.  

Do I think Geno is going to surprise us all and play better now than before, no, not likely, but he has never played as bad as Sixpatrich has during this last 4 game stretch.  Booing him based on his past or his off field stuff is just dumb.  Stay home if you intend to boo from the get go.    

Exactly I actually think the locker room trouble was directly related to Fitzpatrick and his poor play. 

Most of it is how no one can stand Geno.

Gets knocked out by a back up lb. No one defends him.

Fitz is doing awful, no teammate is saying let's give Geno a shot.

Fitz has best game of his career in buffalo, Geno is saying he's impatient on waiting to play.

Geno gets put in a game, fumbles, and pick in 6 plays.

Geno is named the starter. Coach's endorsement is "they don't hate him" they just don't talk to him, or hang out with him or look at him.

This week when asked about how they feel bout Geno starting.....meh from every teammate.

Sounds like a true winner

Sent from mTalk

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Winning changes everything if Geno Smith can score early make some plays the fans will come around.  After watching Fitzpatrick fail us the way he did a change is good even for Geno haters. 

He'll be booed in intros , he'll be booed 1st incomplete pass, its what the asshat Jet fans do. And I agree if he comes and plays a good game it may sway some of those fans, but for most they'll just be waiting for his next mistake, very similiar to Sanchez at the end. 

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Wah - I can't have all my toys right now , so I'll have a hissy fit till I get them - Wah

4 hours ago, KRL said:

I love when people talk about Fitz's leadership qualities.  He has led teams to failure more often than success.  Sorry, but as a football fan I am offended and embarrassed  having Fitz throw passes for my team.  He is not a proper physical quarterback.  He has neither arm strength nor accuracy.  Who has he been fooling all these years?

Booing Geno will happen because most fans are flat out frustrated with this franchise that by trotting out Geno, it says that this team hasn't progressed at all over the last 3 years. 

Not too many QB's get a second chance. The ball is in your hands Geno... Personally, I'm not holding my breath.

the question I pose is what's the over/under on INT's? 3?

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno's been here since 2013 and he has not been a bad citizen. He's had a few encounters here and there like the sexting (but we had a HOF Qb here for a year who was also an idiot too) the airport, the movies, IK, etc. Of course his fans excused him for everything. The two things I find it hard to excuse: acting like a baby at the draft and his selfish behavior on the sidelines during last week's game. And last week his play on the field was hardly an improvement over Fitz. I think he gets one or two games. 

Yeah last week when he got mad and threw that cup of ice , it scarred his teammates and fans forever. How can they ever get that image out of their heads. Come on this is ticky tack BS.  Hardly an improvement over Fitz, did you see the first few passes he threw, it got to the wr's where they had time to make a move as opposed to catching the ball as if it was a fair catch and getting his players creamed like a Fitz pass. 

2 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

The same thing I thought with Geno - good they have passion and want to play. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Makes no sense whatsoever to boo a player who hasn't played in two seasons and the team is hoping improves play.  Just going into it saying we already know how worthless he is on it's own is equally dumb.  

One more, arguing with people who are looking at this with interest, telling there is no reason to be interested.  We should all be as miserable and bored as a handful of fans are.  Yeah. 

Any booing will be directed at ownership/management/coaching for their complete inability to acquire even an average QB for several years in a row.

Dumb is actually expecting Geno Smith to be a different player than he was the last time he failed.

You can be interested all you want. I'm telling you you're wasting your time. I mean the guy won't even be on the roster in 2017. So tell me again, what's the point? You can't actually believe that this team can still do something of value this season.

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah last week when he got mad and threw that cup of ice , it scarred his teammates and fans forever. How can they ever get that image out of their heads. Come on this is ticky tack BS.  Hardly an improvement over Fitz, did you see the first few passes he threw, it got to the wr's where they had time to make a move as opposed to catching the ball as if it was a fair catch and getting his players creamed like a Fitz pass. 

Lol last week I saw it at least twice.. fitz throwing like s 2 yard lob pass in the middle of 3-4 defenders who are baiting the qb to make that throw knowing they were going to level the guy and maybe get a fumble.. fitz does not see these things, or doesn't care..As long as he isn't the one getting nailed, get rid of the hot potato 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The boo's will be for the NY Jets not any particular player. 

They play good win the game the boo's turn to cheers. 

Exactly. Geno is nothing but a symbol of a franchise that has repeatedly failed to acquire or develop a player at the only position that really matters in this league.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

If fans go to the stadium knowing Geno is starting, and boo him, then the that is on them.  I can see booing Bowels or the defense because of their performance in 2016 to date but booing Geno is just ignorant.  If you're going to boo Geno from the get go then just stay home.  

Do I think Geno is going to surprise us all and play better now than before, no, not likely, but he has never played as bad as Sixpatrich has during this last 4 game stretch.  Booing him based on his past or his off field stuff is just dumb.  Stay home if you intend to boo from the get go.    

How about this: if I'm paying money for tickets and decide to attend the games, I'll do whatever I feel like. If you don't like it, or catch some bizarre personal feelings about it, maybe you should take your own advice and stay home yourself.

20 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Wah - I can't have all my toys right now , so I'll have a hissy fit till I get them - Wah

What an extraordinary load of nonsense. As if expressing displeasure with constant failure is unexpected. 

If you don't want to boo, don't boo. But asking others to comply with your opinions is beyond idiotic.

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

What an extraordinary load of nonsense. As if expressing displeasure with constant failure is unexpected. 

If you don't want to boo, don't boo. But asking others to comply with your opinions is beyond idiotic.

Wah wah I want Petty Wah wah 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Wah wah I want Petty Wah wah 

I see I'm dealing with some real geniuses here. 

Wanting your team to succeed is the definition of fandom.

It's really strange when people care so much about an insignificant action that others may take that doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever. 

Archived