#### New York Jets vs Baltimore Ravens --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheldon killed us with his immaturity.

He forced out hand to sign wilk due to fear of him being suspended. Not just the most recent thing but a couple of other immature incidents in past.

We therefore signed a Wilkerson coming off injury to a humongous contract, and he has been a meh player since that time.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'd guess based on body language that Petty will be active next week. 

Geno is hurt Nothing fitz did today was special.  two nice passes.  A lot of dumpoffs.  Without 2 INTs we lose.  But I think they wait for the bye to introduce Petty

Congrats! Team needed a win and found a way to get one.  Fitz made couple of good plays and deserves credit.  Don't know the severity of Geno's injury but appears his Jet Career may be over.  It is on to Petty when he is ready...

**** draft position, nice win today! I hope a situation develops in which Petty gets to play this year, but I really want Bowles to be our long-term coach it's great to see his seat significantly cool down right now. Bowles developing into a great coach means everything. Maccagnan will continue the search for a franchise QB

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Ugly game but its good to get a win. With the Browns and Dolphins coming up the Jets have a chance to go on a run.

Also, Fitz definitely didnt do enough to win his job back. It should be Geno next week against the Browns.

Geno is probably going to be out. Petty with Fitz as backup and Hack as the man in street clothes.  Would be an AWESOME game to throw Petty in. Secondary that could put him on cloud 9 if he torches them.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

This could be the start of a nice little run. Browns, Dolphins, Rams up next.

5-5 is a definite possiblilty.

I like optimism too, but don't count those chickens.  This team has shown a special penchant for disappointing.

Just now, gEYno said:

I honestly can't think of a worse outcome for the long term future of this team.

Unfortunately the Jets are not and never were a top draft pick caliber team. We were either going to be a playoff team if we could manage to win a few in the first 6 games or a team that will hover around .500 now if we laid an egg throughout the opening stretch of games.

.500 it is..

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Unfortunately the Jets are not and never were a top draft pick caliber team. We were either going to be a playoff team if we could manage to win a few in the first 6 games or a team that will hover around .500 now if we laid an egg throughout the opening stretch of games.

.500 it is..

In which case, it is exactly what I predicted.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

.500 it is..

Ryan Fitzpartick leading the Jets to a win over the Cleveland Browns will be as empty a win as one can imagine.  If Petty starts, that changes everything.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah they are. bills are just bad too. And their fans are already going crazy about it. Mayhem. 

Rex doing what he always does ... run his guy into the ground then blame injuries when the team loses.

McCoy was questionable with a hamstring, so they played him and now it's worse. If he's out a few weeks, Bills will drop back to the pack.

Just now, gEYno said:

Ryan Fitzpartick leading the Jets to a win over the Cleveland Browns will be as empty a win as one can imagine.  If Petty starts, that changes everything.

Well if Geno's injury is serious, then Petty will be active as the backup. And if Fitz struggles, Petty will get playing time.

Very interesting decision coming.

Archived