Sounds like Bowles if finally fed up

AFJF

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can't believe that the organization hasn't admonished Fitz for his ridiculous and inappropriate comments.  The head coach should be saying that crap talk like that will not be tolerated, not hoping that being pissed off will somehow motivate him. I think it sends a bad message to the team to eat his comments with no repercussions.  SOJ

Funny, Fitzpatrick didn't talk about the delay of game penalty he took in the red zone that could have cost the Jets a TD, and the timeout he had to burn to avoid yet another delay of game call. He's not the reason the Jets won yesterday, and his time is done here. Sorry his feelings are hurt, but that's the reality

10 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Come on. It was innuendo plain and simple.  This is not a court of law.

Innuendo for what exactly?  You think Fitz was trying to send a subliminal message that he's some fantastic talent and the Jets brass are idiots for demoting him?

Or was he simply answering a question honestly like he always does, saying it's hard to walk around the building the past two days when my bosses demoted me and I have to see them and my teammates while still trying to believe in myself?

It was the latter, obviously.

SAR I

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I'm  a Parcells hater , but he would have never tolerated a QB showing him up like Fitz did to Bowles.  Fitz would have been clearing out his locker today.

He'd be clearing out his locker after the KC fiasco if Parcells were  HC.

22 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

That is about as far as you're ever going to see Bowles call out a player in public.  It's just not his style and I for one agree with it...

Me too. I was a big rex fan but have to admit I really like Bowles public demeanor now if his actual coaching results improve we may have something with him

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Innuendo for what exactly?  You think Fitz was trying to send a subliminal message that he's some fantastic talent and the Jets brass are idiots for demoting him?

Or was he simply answering a question honestly like he always does, saying it's hard to walk around the building the past two days when my bosses demoted me and I have to see them and my teammates while still trying to believe in myself?

SAR I

even yesterday, he threw a few bad passes and didn't pass much, and had that horrible delay of game at the 2 yard line.  he shouldn't be calling out the coach, gm and owner after throwing for 120 yards.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

even yesterday, he threw a few bad passes and didn't pass much, and had that horrible delay of game at the 2 yard line.  he shouldn't be calling out the coach, gm and owner after throwing for 120 yards.

He's the worst QB in the NFL and probably the biggest loser statistically and off the field after his post game comments yesterday. 

I dont like him and I dislike him even more today. 

Cant wait until he's off this team. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Again, I don't think he called anyone out.  To me it was an honest introspection of the life of a journeyman quarterback after a very difficult month on the field and tough couple of days after he was fired.

And, of course, here we go again, blaming the quarterback as if that's the reason we're 2-5 when we were built to win on defense and the running game, both of which are being let off the hook in the Bowles era just like in the Ryan era.

Trust me, if Fitzpatrick really did want to call people out he'd have asked why Darrelle Revis, David Harris, Mo Wilkerson and the rest of the defensive failures aren't feeling the hot seat that the journeyman quarterback is.  Good question.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Funny, Fitzpatrick didn't talk about the delay of game penalty he took in the red zone that could have cost the Jets a TD, and the timeout he had to burn to avoid yet another delay of game call. He's not the reason the Jets won yesterday, and his time is done here. Sorry his feelings are hurt, but that's the reality

The delay of game sucked but c'mon on the other one. Top QB's do that all the time and the TO was followed by a big play.

Just now, SAR I said:

Again, I don't think he called anyone out.  To me it was an honest introspection of the life of a journeyman quarterback after a very difficult month on the field and tough couple of days after he was fired.

it sounded like he was reflecting on his entire career, not just his time with the jets.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's the worst QB in the NFL and probably the biggest loser statistically and off the field after his post game comments yesterday. 

I dont like him and I dislike him even more today. 

Cant wait until he's off this team. 

Remember, the only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is on this team at all is because Geno Smith was a bust and fans like you saw 10 wins last year and believed we were due 12 this season.  You are damned right he shouldn't be on this team.  But you are part of the reason why he is.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Remember, the only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is on this team at all is because Geno Smith was a bust and fans like you saw 10 wins last year and believed we were due 12 this season.  You are damned right he shouldn't be on this team.  But you are part of the reason why he is.

SAR I

Im not part of the organization I'm just a fan like you and the next guy. 

We deserve so much better and sooner than later we will get that franchise QB on this roster. 

10 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

He'd be clearing out his locker after the KC fiasco if Parcells were  HC.

KC was no doubt a fiasco, but why in the hell did they keep trying to pass into the end zone against a secondary that had our WR's smothered. Fitz was coming off a game where he was AFC player of the week which made the whole thing feel even more bizarre. Also, Matt Forte had scored THREE TD's the week before and his number was never called in the red zone. Fitz should have never tried to force all those passes but coaching and play calling have been a complete disaster as well.

53 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can't believe that the organization hasn't admonished Fitz for his ridiculous and inappropriate comments.  The head coach should be saying that crap talk like that will not be tolerated, not hoping that being pissed off will somehow motivate him. I think it sends a bad message to the team to eat his comments with no repercussions.  SOJ

The Giants didn't release a kicker for abusing his wife. I think our organization is better comparison to that

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The reason Jets fans wanted Fitzpatrick back (I was not one of them) is because they've seen three years of competent quarterback play from Jets QB's over the past 45 years. 

Forgive them if they were fooled into thinking they had a competent QB in Fitzpatrick.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This team has been bad in virtually EVERY facet of the game. Get rid of the QB and you are stuck with the sh*t play of the other units. On top of it, they are old and lack speed against elite teams. Good luck to whomever is behind center. Even the center snaps have been bad this year. And you think they could find a punter one of these years?

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

yeah, when woody, mcags and bowles conferenced me in on that call i should have just hung up on them....

51 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

That is about as far as you're ever going to see Bowles call out a player in public.  It's just not his style and I for one agree with it...

I agree also. But there are times that I wonder if additional pressure does need to be given. 

Mike Zimmer called out his entire offense, especially his "soft" offensive line today. 

This after losing 1 game all season

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Actions speak louder then words, not giving Fitz the starting job back even if it ment starting Hackenberg would have been the real play.

Exactly Bowles responding with Fitzpatrick is suspended indefinitely until further notice would have been great. 

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick's comments are being overblown by the media and the Geno Myhero's to be something they are not.

He was asked a question about what his day was like.  He said he was only prepared to come into the game if the Jets were running the Wildcat (funny) and then said throughout his career it has been hard when an owner, GM, and head coach don't believe in you any more and all you have is your own belief in yourself.

As a 33 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years he is uniquely qualified to make this comment.  He's had 6 owners, 6 GM's, and 6 head coaches go cold on him and the way he has survived this long is to believe in himself.

That's hardly a criticism of the Jets as an organization or a front office. 

SAR I

Agreed. Much to do about nothing. This team is 2-5 I'M GLAD THAT EVERYBODY IS ANGRY. 

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There was nothing subliminal about it.  He made a sh*t comment and nobody will make him answer for it because Geno is down.

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not part of the organization I'm just a fan like you and the next guy. 

We deserve so much better and sooner than later we will get that franchise QB on this roster. 

The majority of Jets fans start booking Super Bowl hotel reservations every time we fire a head coach, hire a new one, an accidentally rattle off 10 unexpected wins.

If Jets fans demonstrate the patience for a bonafide rebuild, perhaps we'd finally get one.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The majority of Jets fans start booking Super Bowl hotel reservations every time we fire a head coach, hire a new one, an accidentally rattle off 10 unexpected wins.

If Jets fans demonstrate the patience for a bonafide rebuild, perhaps we'd finally get one.

SAR I

And given their behavior this year, they can't.

Archived