Christian Hackenberg's Day Off

SAR I

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Free enough that @k-met57 can use free speech to call into question a man's insecurity? Or are we drawing the line there?

Not saying this is you, because I don't want to cast you in any light not have actually discussed it with you, but in general it always amazes me when the macho-posturing pro-gun dudes whimper over any criticism of hunting. Kind of proves out the whole insecurity theory with great immediacy. 

Whoa whoa whoa, first off I said it's a free country nothing about guns , hunting or anything to that nature. So, you are pre judging based on saying it's a free country? Just has Hack has a right to do what he wants so does K-met for voicing his opinion. I think as a Veteran and having fought for my country I am all for equal rights for anyone to do and say as they please whether I agree or not. It's not my place to judge, apparently that's not the case with you.

You are basically calling me some right wing gun nut,which I am far from and then you're basically saying I'm an insecure person because of this. That's  a bold ******* statement, as you are casting me in that light just for mentioning that I could be some macho posturing pro gun dude. Whatever your issues are with certain people don't label me before you have even spoke to me or know me.

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Whoa whoa whoa, first off I said it's a free country nothing about guns , hunting or anything to that nature. So, you are pre judging based on saying it's a free country? Just has Hack has a right to do what he wants so does K-met for voicing his opinion. I think as a Veteran and having fought for my country I am all for equal rights for anyone to do and say as they please whether I agree or not. It's not my place to judge, apparently that's not the case with you.

You are basically calling me some right wing gun nut,which I am far from and then you're basically saying I'm an insecure person because of this. That's  a bold ******* statement, as you are casting me in that light just for mentioning that I could be some macho posturing pro gun dude. Whatever your issues are with certain people don't label me before you have even spoke to me or know me.

What part of "Not saying this is you, because I don't want to cast you in any light not have actually discussed it with you" did you fail to understand?

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

What part of "Not saying this is you, because I don't want to cast you in any light not have actually discussed it with you" did you fail to understand?

You didn't have to say me, you pretty much implied it.  Look man, water under the bridge, no problem. I am here to discuss football and have no problem with you.

42 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

You didn't have to say me, you pretty much implied it.  Look man, water under the bridge, no problem. I am here to discuss football and have no problem with you.

No sweat, but honestly if my intent was to single you out, I would have. I wouldn't have made sure to make the point I wasn't talking about you specifically when making the Segway to generalizing. I'm not exactly the type to pussy foot around things, ya know?

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No sweat, but honestly if my intent was to single you out, I would have. I wouldn't have made sure to make the point I wasn't talking about you specifically when making the Segway to generalizing. I'm not exactly the type to pussy foot around things, ya know?

That is true, good point. A civilized conversation on a Jets board who would have thought.

23 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Jesus, man. Time for a mental health break.

no, i'm gonna go ahead and back him up on this one. Hunting for sport is an archaic "thing" and I'm not a fan. I understand it has it's place, but spare me the pompous attitude. The world has much bigger fish to fry than the world-wide crisis of over populating deer. My position isn't specifically about deer hunting, but we continue to minimize our impact on the environment as a species. It's OK that someone doesn't agree with somebody killing wild life as a pass time.  

I'm not a hunter myself, but from what I can tell all the kid did was shoot a non-endangered deer & post a picture of his kill. Despite the feelings others are attributing to him, I don't think he feels it makes him a conquerer of anything (it's not like the deer was an expert marksman itself & had a gun pointed back at him), and it's no crime. Seems a distasteful/low-brow hobby to many, but killing a farmed (i.e. not hunted) animal isn't really any better other than what people conjure up in their minds.

To me, pictures like this are like showing off a target one is proud of from a firing range, except this is a live, moving target. If Hackenberg is eating venison this week, which he likely is, then BFD. Gamy meat is totally yummy. If he just left it there after shooting it, which I doubt happened, then it's icky. 

This doesn't bother me. I'm far more bothered that he was only good enough to be 4th string behind 3 nobodies.

Thought of this thread last night as i drove past a deer on the side of the road on my way home from watching the cubbies.  Thought to myself that I wouldnt have minded one bit if a hunter had taken him/her out rather than risk it jumping in front of my car :) 

Well given what some of our previous quarterbacks  have done in their free time:

- Sent dick pics and sexually harrassed a Jet employee. (Favre)

- Sent dick pics to a girl. (Geno)

- Kicked off a flight. (Geno)

- Skipped a charity event hosted by a teammate he already agreed to go to, then refused to pay the $600 owed for said event, subsequently getting himself literally knocked out of the starting position. (Geno)

- Slept with an underage high school girl. (Sanchez)

- Walked on water. (Tebow)

- Got excited when he recognized a defensive scheme in a game of Madden. (Petty...who I do like and am rooting for, but still)

- Drunken and senial tried kissing a sports reporter on live tv. (Our beloved Joe Willy)

Yeaaah...i'll take a deer hunter over any of the others.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Well given what some of our previous quarterbacks  have done in their free time:

- Skipped a charity event hosted by a teammate he already agreed to go to, then refused to pay the $600 owed for said event, subsequently getting himself literally knocked out of the starting position. (Geno)

- Got excited when he recognized a defensive scheme in a game of Madden. (Petty...who I do like and am rooting for, but still)

- Drunken and senial tried kissing a sports reporter on live tv. (Our beloved Joe Willy)

well when you put it THAT way....

40 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'd give Joe Willie a pass.

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

no, i'm gonna go ahead and back him up on this one. Hunting for sport is an archaic "thing" and I'm not a fan. I understand it has it's place, but spare me the pompous attitude. The world has much bigger fish to fry than the world-wide crisis of over populating deer. My position isn't specifically about deer hunting, but we continue to minimize our impact on the environment as a species. It's OK that someone doesn't agree with somebody killing wild life as a pass time.  

You're talking about impact on the environment and yet the deer population thing hopped in an F-16 and flew right over your head. Try talking to a person who hunts. You'll probably come across the biggest conservationists in our country. And my comment to him was about his hunting people comment.

Archived