What will Minnesota do with Sam Bradford?

deucebag

Just to be clear I don't think Bradford is as bad as some are saying here but I also would not trade a first round pick for him and his contract would have to be a bit more reasonable.

That being said I would trade a 3rd rounder and offer him between 13-15 per for 3 years with a way out after 1 year so not much in the way of guaranteed money for an injury risk.

If Bridgewater does come back Bradford will either be traded or cut out right. I doubt anyone will pick up that contract and offer any more than a 3rd for him

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Well Carl I think Macc and Bowles will never ever make the same mistake again and hitch the season to the likes of the bearded suck job instead will look to improve at the QB position, hopefully. 

Taylor,Bradford,McCarren sp? all better than what we have, 

Improving the QB situation isn't enough. They need to get a guy in here who can play at a high level for an extended time. None of those guys are it. They're all limited by either ability or their bodies (injuries). They can aim higher than the bottom tier of the league passers. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Improving the QB situation isn't enough. They need to get a guy in here who can play at a high level for an extended time. None of those guys are it. They're all limited by either ability or their bodies (injuries). They can aim higher than the bottom tier of the league passers. 

No one is trading a franchise QB Carl are they.  I would like to see a rookie light it up here myself. 

Bradford has quietly had an excellent season. I think it is presumptuous to think that the Vikings will keep Bridgewater and trade Bradford. There is a far greater chance they will keep Bradford and let Bridgewater go.

Jet fans sh*tting on Sam Bradford completing over 70% of his passes without a running game and a below average Oline. What the hell is wrong with Jet fans? My god, lol, if the Jets could get Bradford, you trade Sheldon for Ron Leary or a pick, you pick Cook, you sign a veteran LT & you get Fannies in the Seats. I can't believe how cavalier Jet fans are for such a QB starved franchise. It blows my mind.

1 hour ago, deucebag said:

Assuming Teddy B comes back healthy doesn't seem to make sense to keep both. I would offer the #1 pick for Bradford and a #2.

I fully expect them to roll with Teddy and Bradford.  There is no telling how Teddy will come back from that gruesome injury or that he won't hurt himself again, same actually can be said for Bradford as well.  You can never have enough quality QBs.  

Teddy is still on rookie contract right?

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jet fans sh*tting on Sam Bradford completing over 70% of his passes without a running game and a below average Oline. What the hell is wrong with Jet fans? My god, lol, if the Jets could get Bradford, you trade Sheldon for Ron Leary or a pick, you pick Cook, you sign a veteran LT & you get Fannies in the Seats. I can't believe how cavalier Jet fans are for such a QB starved franchise. It blows my mind.

Fannies in the seats because of Sam Bradford? Ha. Sure for maybe a week. Then his 3 yard completions become tiresome. You talk about a limited Fitz? Bradford makes Fitz look like The strongest armed QB in the league. And then after two weeks he gets hurt and you're back where you started for 17 million. While he did complete 71%of his passes, he had the lowest yards per completion average in the league as well. So, that's kind of counterproductive, no?

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Fannies in the seats because of Sam Bradford? Ha. Sure for maybe a week. Then his 3 yard completions become tiresome. You talk about a limited Fitz? Bradford makes Fitz look like The strongest armed QB in the league. And then after two weeks he gets hurt and you're back where you started for 17 million. While he did complete 71%of his passes, he had the lowest yards per completion average in the league as well. So, that's kind of counterproductive, no?

Are you saying that Bradford has Fitz arm? Really? Do you actually watch any football? The Jets WRs are light years better than the Vikings. They have Diggs & that's it. The Jets have the 2 Marshalls, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake & we still don't know what we have in Smith. You give Bradford a run game, Cook/Forte/Powell & you'd have a pretty damn good offense.

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Are you saying that Bradford has Fitz arm? Really? Do you actually watch any football? The Jets WRs are light years better than the Vikings. They have Diggs & that's it. The Jets have the 2 Marshalls, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake & we still don't know what we have in Smith. You give Bradford a run game, Cook/Forte/Powell & you'd have a pretty damn good offense.

They have more than Diggs, but yes, the Jets have better weapons. However, for their careers, Fitz has a better yards per attempt than Bradford. Bradford limits the offense because he cannot stretch the field. He has average arm strength and his upside has always been accuracy. The Jets can for better for 17 million. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They have more than Diggs, but yes, the Jets have better weapons. However, for their careers, Fitz has a better yards per attempt than Bradford. Bradford limits the offense because he cannot stretch the field. He has average arm strength and his upside has always been accuracy. The Jets can for better for 17 million. 

We'll see. The 2017 season is just a prelude to what we'll be when the AFC east is up for grabs.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Forgive me.....

I shouldn't have given you a negative rep but this struck me.

Why would we take a QB who has failed to take his team to the playoffs any year and is paid as if he is one of the NFL's elite?

For example, why not go with Glennon or Tyrod Taylor (if he shakes lose) for about 5 to 6 Million less?

I would have no problem giving Taylor that amount of money but Tyrod will not take less than what Bradford is making. He is going to get paid. As for Glennon  you want to give 12-13 mil a season to a QB who has proven nothing? Didn't we just do that? This time it will be more than one season though. Glennon would not be available if he was a proven starter. Say no to Glennon. He is sh*tzpatrick with a longer deal and less experience. This team cannot go anywhere with Glennon at the helm.

18 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I would have no problem giving Taylor that amount of money but Tyrod will not take less than what Bradford is making. He is going to get paid. As for Glennon  you want to give 12-13 mil a season to a QB who has proven nothing? Didn't we just do that? This time it will be more than one season though. Glennon would not be available if he was a proven starter. Say no to Glennon. He is sh*tzpatrick with a longer deal and less experience. This team cannot go anywhere with Glennon at the helm.

Tyrod Taylor is not getting that kind of money.  

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

By "Fannies" do you mean butts or is that your fancy name for fans?

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

In fairness, wouldn't you have said that about Bradford before the Eagles re-signed him? I was surprised anyone traded for him when he was due $13m with 1 year left with the Rams.

True.  But one was a top pick.  Who had some success going to a team that was desperate at the time.  I don't know who would pay today but you're right, you never know who does it with Tyrod. 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

True.  But one was a top pick.  Who had some success going to a team that was desperate at the time.  I don't know who would pay today but you're right, you never know who does it with Tyrod. 

What $ do you think Tyrod Taylor commands, assuming he hits free agency? 

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What $ do you think Tyrod Taylor commands, assuming he hits free agency? 

Again, without a desperate team I think he gets in that 8 mil or so group.  Also a deal that you can get out of relatively pain free.  I don't see a Bradford, Osweiller type contract.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Again, without a desperate team I think he gets in that 8 mil or so group.  Also a deal that you can get out of relatively pain free.  I don't see a Bradford, Oseweiller type contract.  

You think that low -- $8m with low guarantees? We'll see in a couple of months, but I'd be shocked. Kid threw only 6 picks & completed >60% of his passes in each of his first 2 years starting. Alex Smith gets $18m/yr for being a game manager. Granted he got some brownie points/dollars for once being the #1 overall pick, but he also cost KC a pair of 2nd rounders on top of that.

Considering he'd cost nothing in terms of draft picks, and is still just a kid who turns 28 in August, I think someone gives him double that amount with 2 yrs guaranteed. Especially in a draft that many/most consider to be poor one for QBs.

IMO that kind of money - high backup dollars - is more for someone like RGIII from whom no one expected anywhere near that efficiency, nor for him to make it through the season. Even a career dead end, no arm, inaccurate QB like Fitz got $12m. Granted it was idiotic, but all it takes is one team's GM to be that idiot.

We'll see I guess.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You think that low -- $8m with low guarantees? We'll see in a couple of months, but I'd be shocked. Kid threw only 6 picks & completed >60% of his passes in each of his first 2 years starting. Alex Smith gets $18m/yr for being a game manager. Granted he got some brownie points/dollars for once being the #1 overall pick, but he also cost KC a pair of 2nd rounders on top of that.

Considering he'd cost nothing in terms of draft picks, and is still just a kid who turns 28 in August, I think someone gives him double that amount with 2 yrs guaranteed. Especially in a draft that many/most consider to be poor one for QBs.

IMO that kind of money - high backup dollars - is more for someone like RGIII from whom no one expected anywhere near that efficiency, nor for him to make it through the season. Even a career dead end, no arm, inaccurate QB like Fitz got $12m. Granted it was idiotic, but all it takes is one team's GM to be that idiot.

We'll see I guess.

I am trying to come up with a team who would make that offer.  SF?  Jets?  Cleveland?  Remember you have a couple of QBs who may go 1st round.  Wouldn't surprise me to see 3.  Then you have Tyrod, Glennon, Cutler and Romo floating around.  And FitZ, lol.  Just not sure with other choices who goes for Taylor. 

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I am a man of modest means but I will donate $300.00 dollars to the charity of  your choice if Glennon starts somewhere and plays as poorly as Fitz did this season. 

Fitz was the worst starting QB in the NFL this year. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, without a desperate team I think he gets in that 8 mil or so group.  Also a deal that you can get out of relatively pain free.  I don't see a Bradford, Osweiller type contract.  

If the Bills keep him and don't change his deal he's on the books for nearly 16 million. Not sure what will happen but he'll be looking for much more than 8 in free agency. 

If Sam Bradford is available you have to go get him if you are Mac n Bowles. The guy would easily be the best qb we have had since number 4 graced us with his bs for 1 season. It would also play perfectly into giving Hack time to grow and develop on the bench.

What do you guys care what we pay a QB for the next 2 years? Basically whoever it is will be getting Revis money after we cut him. We'll have 11 million dead cap money from Fitz & Revis. Hopefully whoever we sign is just keeping the seat warm for Hackenberg or Sam if we're lucky enough to suck for him or have enough picks to outmaneuver some team to draft him in 2018.

So whether it's 13 or 17 million for 2 years what do you care? Whether it's Glennon, Taylor, Bradford, Romo, Cutler, each & everyone of those QBs are better than Fitzpatrick. Macc is gonna clear a lot of cap this offseason. Plus there aren't any big time older free agents in the market this year. A lot of teams are going with young QBs and that helps your cap situation. 

Some teams have a boatload of money, like the Browns, so they'll pretty much get their choices. Other than figuring out how to get a QB & a LT, Jets will be bargain shopping in free agency. If they let Revis go, I could see them making a play for Glimore & that would probably be it on defense for big spending.

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

FWIW I'm not sure what all the hype is on Bridgewater 1st year 14 TD's 9 Ints Second year 14 TD's 12 Ints  65 % completion rate 3100 yards avg Sacked 39 and 44 times

Sam Bradford 20 TD's 5 Ints 71 % completion rate. 3800 yards  - I would not mind those kind of stats with a great defense Sacked 37 times

I don't think the Vikings are loaded with offensive talent other than Diggs and he was nic'ed up all year. Their O line is a bit on the crappy side as well

Bradford should probably be in the 15 per range

Bradford had those kind of stats with a great defense and went 7-8.  They won their first game on the road against the 9-7 Titans by 10 with Shaun ******* Hill.  

Bridgewater had a worse TD/INT ratio but he put up way more points,  went 11-5 and won the division.  Yes, you can jump up and down and point at Peterson for much of that, but he is 23 and I am not sure that anyone is advocating $17M and a first for him. If you are going to have a sh*tty QB, have a cheap one.  That was my main problem with our 2016 offseason.

Archived