Myles Garrett asks Dallas to trade up to no. 1 to draft him

AFJF

7 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Other than publicly starting who was the team he preferred to play for, what exactly did this kid do that was so terrible ?

He's about to become a professional. It's not the end of the world, but it IS bad form. 

This is in good fun, kid wants to play for his childhood team. 

Elway did it before the Colts drafted him and said he would play baseball until they traded him to eventual Denver

Eli Manning did it with the Giants/SanDiego Chargers

There was article that came out earlier about weather Dawshawn Watson was avoiding trying to get drafted by Cleveland as well.  That came out because he did not play during the Senior Bowl  and it was believed he did not want to play for Cleveland. 

What inspires people to post dumb, unnecessary things to social media? Has anything good ever come out of it or does it only serve to create unnecessary drama?

...and for the record, this is coming from a 'millennial'. He's most likely going to Cleveland and there was literally no reason to post this. 

Obvious "I don't want to play for Cleveland" statement is obvious.

The NFL is a business, and the player is using what little power he has (his voice) to help guide his future career as best he can.

It's a bit low class/unprofessional, but since players get no say in where they go, this is really all a player can do to try and help themselves go where they want.

I'll admit it, had I been a pending potential #1 draft pick, I'd tell the media I'd want to play for my beloved New York Jets, no matter where they picked or who had the #1 choice..

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Obvious "I don't want to play for Cleveland" statement is obvious.

The NFL is a business, and the player is using what little power he has (his voice) to help guide his future career as best he can.

It's a bit low class/unprofessional, but since players get no say in where they go, this is really all a player can do to try and help themselves go where they want.

I'll admit it, had I been a pending potential #1 draft pick, I'd tell the media I'd want to play for my beloved New York Jets, no matter where they picked or who had the #1 choice..

There's a tremendous difference between the word don't  and the word won't .

All  no story here

Myles Garrett said he was a little caught off guard by the national reaction to his video of him jokingly pleading the Dallas Cowboys to draft him. "I've already said I like the Cowboys because that's my hometown team. But I want to go No. 1. Whoever that is, if that's Cleveland, I have no problem going up there and playing with them. I'm going to love whatever team and organization that I'm a part of."

1 hour ago, faba said:

All  no story here

Myles Garrett said he was a little caught off guard by the national reaction to his video of him jokingly pleading the Dallas Cowboys to draft him. "I've already said I like the Cowboys because that's my hometown team. But I want to go No. 1. Whoever that is, if that's Cleveland, I have no problem going up there and playing with them. I'm going to love whatever team and organization that I'm a part of."

kick save

1 hour ago, faba said:

All  no story here

.... as long as it's not the Jets . F those dicks. 

On 2/11/2017 at 11:50 AM, Warfish said:

I think we all had that fantasy.  

And then on the day they drafted you you broke down crying on camera and told the press you would play for free and the fans immediately adored you.  Right?

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I think we all had that fantasy.  

And then on the day they drafted you you broke down crying on camera and told the press you would play for free and the fans immediately adored you.  Right?

SAR I

Hell no, man's still got to make a living, mate. :lol:

Archived