^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bills will be players for QB next season with two firsts. That's troubling. 

Step 1:  Fire Rex.

Step 2:  Collect picks.

Step 3:  Profit.

We took too long to fire Rex and never collect picks.  Bills are smarter than us now. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

6 to 15 isnt exactly crossing the Mississippi here

It is when he was consistently mocked in the top ten (for the most part), and that's a 1/4 of the draft fall; that's pretty large I'd say.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Loser DB coach who just spent a year getting sh*t upon by every player in his locker room drafts a DB at #6 because it's the only thing he knows. And the dope GM-in-title-only does it because he's a gutless tool with no concept of team-building. 

In fairness, do you not think it was a genuine BAP call? I'm not delighted with the pick by any means but for your own mental stability is it not better to look on the slightly brighter or less dim side here?

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Gruden has been hammering the draft picks most of the night but he was ecstatic about the Jets picking Adams....so maybe Gruden replaces Bowles sooner than later. :D

Yes. There is no greater draw for a high profile coach than having a good strong safety on the roster.

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cleveland knows how to get extra picks. If they start hitting on players then we'll have a lock on sh*ttiest team on league.

It's no coincidence that the Mets started to suck again when we lost Jonah Hill, err I mean, Paul DePodesta. 

30 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Its not that easy.  You need to be in the right spot to have the leverage.  If we won a couple more games last year we could have been trading down tonight.

Or if we'd have lost a couple more we could have been the ones to fleece the Bears for Trubisky.  Thanks Bowles. 

We never tank properly. 

2 minutes ago, Lray said:

In fairness, do you not think it was a genuine BAP call? I'm not delighted with the pick by any means but for your own mental stability is it not better to look on the slightly brighter or less dim side here?

I think the idea of BAP is fun when you're a decent team picking at 19 or 20, but when you're a boring dumpster fire of a team that no one wants to watch or even talk about, with an administration that has, maybe, 12 months left on the job, you should probably try to fill a need.

Some really talented players dropping.  Bill trading back to 27 might net them a much better player than expected.  Some possibilities include: Allen, Njoku, Ramczyk, Charlton, Cook, Foster.  Most of those guys were viewed as top-20 recently.  Draft is always surprising.

Howard not being picked yet makes me wonder if it might push Engram down to us tomorrow.  Long shot but more possible now than it might have been an hour ago.

55 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Every expert I have seen on Twitter has said this is a steal. So who do I trust, those guys who get paid? Or you schmucks. And Ban me if you want

Oh no  you don't go anywhere...

You just have to sit out here and suffer with the rest of us!!! :) 

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Again I've never talked to you or know who you are. The poster in question I'm speaking too, on the other hand CONSTANTLY demeans the entire board and constantly calls everyone idiots. I was speaking directly to him on the subject until You chimed in from the peanut gallery. 

If if you don't like my response to United bc it was disrespectful you obviously don't follow this board. Bc the dude is the most annoying disrespectful a$$hole on this board. And he posts 5 times a page. And it ruins it for multiple posters on this board.

how's that?

Preach brother.  You're my hero. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think the idea of BAP is fun when you're a decent team picking at 19 or 20, but when you're a boring dumpster fire of a team that no one wants to watch or even talk about, with an administration that has, maybe, 12 months left on the job, you should probably try to fill a need.

Chicago tried to fill a need.  Let's see how that works our for them.  Yes, there's a balance, but I'd rather BAP than chase a high-risk player at the top of the draft to fill a need.

Archived