#JetsCamp Updates - Day Three - Mon 07/31/17

Maxman

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slats said:

That is just an amazing POV. Not surprising, but amazing nonetheless. 

The Jets could field the Bears' 1985 defense but no one would be able to tell if the offense can't stay on the field for more than three plays per drive. The 2015 season was a fluke of easy schedule, those easy opponents being further damaged via injury, and Marshall and Decker both being healthy and bailing their erratic QB out of bad throws consistently. You're never going to see another season like that. Let's not pretend that's some kind of formula. 

This is a team 100% in full rebuild mode. McCown is a placeholder. The sooner he's out of the starting conversation, the better for the future of this franchise. 

Awesome post and 100% true.

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

Hackenberg very impressive in that WR/DB drill. Some really, really impressive throws. McCown and Petty both struggled #jets

I was for Hack being drafted and stated so before the draft.  It is also why the over the top criticism of Hack last year was unwarranted.  We all have to sit back and hope that Mac and Bowles got it right with this guy, time will tell.

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

Hackenberg has still made several rookie mistakes, but he looks much better than McCown/Petty. McCown dreadful today #jets

Hack and Petty are better than McCown and Petty is hindered from showing it by being with the 3rd stringers and also getting limited reps!!!!

2 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets could field the Bears' 1985 defense but no one would be able to tell if the offense can't stay on the field for more than three plays per drive. The 2015 season was a fluke of easy schedule, those easy opponents being further damaged via injury, and Marshall and Decker both being healthy and bailing their erratic QB out of bad throws consistently. You're never going to see another season like that. Let's not pretend that's some kind of formula. 

This is a team 100% in full rebuild mode. McCown is a placeholder. The sooner he's out of the starting conversation, the better for the future of this franchise. 

Ummmm please do not reply to that wonderful poster anymore... He was the same poster who told us why we had to pay Fitz, "starter monies," cause Fitz had earned it, not that Fitz was a good QB, but that he had earned it...

And folks the rest is history...

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmm please do not reply to that wonderful poster anymore... He was the same poster who told us why we had to pay Fitz, "starter monies," cause Fitz had earned it, not that Fitz was a good QB, but that he had earned it...

And still stands by this thinking.  Now wants McCown to get a chance to hit the lottery this year with every break, bad team, and by some miracle 2 WR's/TE's to bail him out in an elite way to make him look like a great 15 million investment for 2018 also lol.

28 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And still stands by this thinking.  Now wants McCown to get a chance to hit the lottery this year with every break, bad team, and by some miracle 2 WR's/TE's to bail him out in an elite way to make him look like a great 15 million investment for 2018 also lol.

Lol, I know who he is. 

34 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You left out his main point, that if you offered Fitz less than the 12 mil he would have been insulted and felt snubbed. lol

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In between the tweets hyperventilating about Hackenberg throwing seven-yard dumpoffs, you'll note other enlightened (though muted) tweets about how he's not getting the ball out in time and how the defense destroyed the offense every time they've lined up. You're being played.  I understand the impulse in fans and the beat guys to want him to succeed, but you dudes are wayyyyyyyyy out over your skis. You just spent two days locked in an onanistic fervor because Cimini hasn't mentioned "footwork" yet.

Is there a reason you are so invested in Hackenberg failing?  Seriously, your act is getting old.. 

4 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

McCown will start the first 3, or 4 games and Hackenberg will make his debut against Jags, or Browns.   This will give the offense time to get sorted out.  I know McCown is not the future, but he plays the role of easing Hackenberg into the lineup as opposed to throwing him to the wolves.  Getting Hackenberg started the right way will be important to his long term development.   Of course I'm not ruling out Hack starting the season if he's outstanding in camp, but I believe the above at this point is the most likely scenario. 

exactly what I have been saying.....he is coming in after the Pats game. 

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Is there a reason you are so invested in Hackenberg failing?  Seriously, your act is getting old.. 

It is amazing that someones post can be both old and childish all at the same time

This is the only part I somewhat disagree with.  A Derek Carr-esque rookie year will have me on cloud nine. I just think a TON of different things need to happen for 10-6 to be realistic and I don't think we'll hold it against Hack should he put up Carr numbers but we only win 4-6 games.
That said, I think the defense will be enough to keep us in a ton of games and if you combine that with Carr's 1st year numbers I don't think 7 wins are all that crazy.  I won't dare to dream more than that just yet lol.

With our D if he puts up Carr numbers we should win more than 4-6 games.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 hours ago, slats said:

You don't need a star Qb to win. A placeholder is ok. The key this season is the defense. Last year they consistently put us in a hole. We did not have the talent on offense to overcome that and the Qb did not play well. And it added up to losses. It's probably a rebuilding season but I won't be surprised if we are competitive. There is talent on this team esp on defense. And key players who were bad last year like Revis, Fitz etc are no longer here. I like that we signed McCown. I'd say we win 7 games but maybe a few more. That is if things click. 

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No you don't get how ridiculous your point is.  Friggen losing jobs because of a rotation,  this isn't the smartest argument, but you'll keep trying to make a point.  What drivel is this post and the others.  Hack is fighting for his professional career and if McCown get the first snap his career is over.

lol, no on can be this lost

LOL

No my mistake was engaging you in a conversation. Yep, I said that "if McCown get the first snap his career is over"  Think those are the voices in your head.  

Your right camp reps mean nothing

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

@Maxman is this adware needs to be blocked, it comes up on every other click on my iPad. 

Anyone else dealing with this? 

IMG_2935.PNG

Yes. We have a thread in the support forum. I had the issue yesterday morning . My I phone has been fine since Max worked on it. If yours is not hit us up in the thread in the support forum and leave type of device  info. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. We have a thread in the support forum. I had the issue yesterday morning . My I phone has been fine since Max worked on it. If yours is not hit us up in the thread in the support forum and leave type of device  info. 

Thanks, will do

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You don't need a star Qb to win. A placeholder is ok. The key this season is the defense. Last year they consistently put us in a hole. We did not have the talent on offense to overcome that and the Qb did not play well. And it added up to losses. It's probably a rebuilding season but I won't be surprised if we are competitive. There is talent on this team esp on defense. And key players who were bad last year like Revis, Fitz etc are no longer here. I like that we signed McCown. I'd say we win 7 games but maybe a few more. That is if things click. 

that's so true and has been for the past 5 seasons.  i think i can count on one hand how many times the jets left the first quarter with the lead or even had the lead at the half. when geno was qb many of those holes were self inflicted but for the most part them stem from the defense not getting off the field and the offense having to play on a long field.  if they were starting their drives at their 40 instead of 20 things would've been a whole lot different.

15 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

wrong, wrong, wrong.  First, it sounds like mccown is stinking it up in camp so far.   but regardless, If hack's even close to McCown you start the kid.  How is any rookie supposed to "win" the job if they are competing with veterans?   If you think that Hack has potential then you start him and let him take his lumps and learn on the field.   

If you go into the season planning to lost the 3 of the first 4 game with McCown it sends a much worse message to the team.  The players know what's up, it's either hack or a top 10 pick next year.   let's see what hack can do post red-shirt.  

i agree.  to me it's all about if the team believes in hack.  if he gets them on board he should be qb.  it doesn't matter if he has a cannon for an arm or other attributes.  it's all about him making the right on field decisions and keeping the rest of his players on the same page.  i think people seem to think hack was just some schlub who mac picked because he likes penn state qb's.  in fact hack has been training for this position for his whole life.  if he hasn't got it down by now then he needs to find a different profession.  same goes for petty or any college qb prospect.

the bottom line is get him in there form game 1 and make sure he can do enough to get this team to execute the plays.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:06 PM, Augustiniak said:

this is what happens when you don't draft cbs 

Stop it. Everyone has been screaming about how terrible the Jets safeties have been in coverage and how important it is to have safeties that can cover. So Jets draft two stud safeties and are putting them through coverage drills and your reaction is- this is what happens when you don't draft CBs???? Gimme a break.  

Archived