Our main competition for the #1 overall pick.

DetroitRed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

For me, that is the goal. I don't want to play around with the next best guy. I want the Jets to pick the best consensus Qb next April. Right now , it looks like Darnold, but who knows, it may turn out to be Allen or Rosen.

So which teams have a realistic shot at finishing ahead ( behind) of us? I am most concerned with the 49ers. I don't see many, if any , wins on their schedule. Wish they had a game with the NYJs. After them, I think the others should be the Bills, Jags and Browns. But I honestly think all 3 will finish with better records.
What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

None of the above will have a better record than the Jets who will finish 5-11. I hope Bryce Petty leapfrogs Hackenberg, because frankly, I don't see anything good in him. No accuracy, poor footwork and no recognition of defenses.

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

There are 4 obvious teams but as someone mentioned above, the Colts are a darkhorse team. No Luck & outside of TY Hilton that team stinks.. 

That wouldn't/shouldn't bother us because the Colts aren't a threat to take a QB, so them having a high pick is fine

I expect the Bears to be better than they were last year. But that schedule of theirs...

Falcons

@ Bucs

Steelers

@ Packers

Vikings

@ Ravens

Panthers

@ Saints

They could play well and still go 2-6, 1-7 or even 0-8

The Jets biggest obstacle to the number one pick is the absolute mediocrity of the entire AFC conference. In their corresponding opening eight games, the Jets play Bills, Raiders, Dolphins, Jags, Browns and Dolphins again. The Jets could fall into two to four wins there without having to produce much. 

We have good talent on defense so we're not going to have the worst record. For those who want it and think Darnold is so great. He's unproven and if a bust we've wasted several years of losing to draft a question mark. Look, the best Qb last year was a 4th round draft pick and the overall one was a disappointment. I'm looking for Ws in 2017 and hope we have a rebound season like we did in 2015 (off of a poor season).

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The Bills and Browns both have a boatload of picks in the first three rounds, so unless we end up with the first overall pick, both teams will be much better positioned than us (and you could easily make the case that they'll be better positioned than us even if we do finish with the first overall pick).

Browns just invested 2nd rounder in Kizer, so I doubt they would spend a ton of picks to move up for QB. However if they were drafting ahead of us, I could see them trading the pick or take the QB if Kizer sharts the bed (which I think is likely)

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Great more Jets fans rooting against the Jets. Awesome.

Max. With all due respect, why are you taking this personal? You know what? I am tired of seeing my boy with tears when we leave Metlife. For once, I want a Jets dynasty before I send my boy to college. For once, I want to win a play off game at home. What the fvck will a 6-10 season give to the Jets. Yes I want Jets to lose every single game this year. I don't want one single win. Enough of this 6-10, 7-9 seasons. I want a full tank job. I am not judging people like you. If so, why the hell are you judging people like me?

2 hours ago, King P said:

That wouldn't/shouldn't bother us because the Colts aren't a threat to take a QB, so them having a high pick is fine

It is because if they get the first pick the trade offers from the browns and especially the bills will be outrageous. We don't have the fire power to be in the conversation

18 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that, as long as they have the #1 seed locked up, which seems very likely, the Pats will gladly tank to the Jets in week 17 if it screws over their draft position.  While Belichick's undying hatred for the Jets typically means he'll do as much to destroy them as possible, I'm sure he'd get even more joy out of one deliberate loss to screw up their future.

lol, agreed BUT it might be impossible for them to lose to us just based on the talent gap

14 hours ago, 20andOut said:

Browns just invested 2nd rounder in Kizer, so I doubt they would spend a ton of picks to move up for QB. However if they were drafting ahead of us, I could see them trading the pick or take the QB if Kizer sharts the bed (which I think is likely)

The smart thing the Browns are doing is giving their 2nd round QB a full season to show if he's got long-term potential. Then if he sucks they are in position to move on with a high QB pick this year.

Meanwhile the Jets hide their 2nd round QB behind trash veterans, don't know what they have, or if they should move on next year. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The smart thing the Browns are doing is giving their 2nd round QB a full season to show if he's got long-term potential. Then if he sucks they are in position to move on with a high QB pick this year.

Meanwhile the Jets hide their 2nd round QB behind trash veterans, don't know what they have, or if they should move on next year. 

Or Hack just isn't ready to start the season.  With that being the case, what makes you think the team wouldn't be ready to move on with a high QB pick?  

This notion that the uncertainty surrounding Hack will freeze the team on next years QB decision is asinine.

You really think next year if they have a chance to select one of the big 3 that Macc is going to pause because there's still unfinished business with Hack?

You've been reading too many Dbuttman posts.

You disgust me.

18 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

None of the above will have a better record than the Jets who will finish 5-11. I hope Bryce Petty leapfrogs Hackenberg, because frankly, I don't see anything good in him. No accuracy, poor footwork and no recognition of defenses.

5-11 ??

lol. not this bunch

18 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I already stated that I think the 49ers will be much better with Shanahan than Kelly, but wasn't the speculation that they would go after Cousins?  Obviously that puts the Redskins on the QB bandwagon, but...

BRIAN HOYER IS THEIR STARTING QB  -- HE MAKES MCCLOWN AND HACKENTURD LOOK GOOD

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We passed on Kizer for an average Strong Safety.  Yay

I think our draft position or wins losses all depends on who plays QB....if they leave in McCown we could be looking at 2-3 wins realistically. Now he could suprise but who knows. If they move onto Hackenberg due to a McCown injury I think is the only almost gaurantee we get that 0 to 1 win season. A lot of people want Petty in myself as well but I think he would be the guy that could will this team to 4-6 wins.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Or Hack just isn't ready to start the season.  With that being the case, what makes you think the team wouldn't be ready to move on with a high QB pick?  

This notion that the uncertainty surrounding Hack will freeze the team on next years QB decision is asinine.

You really think next year if they have a chance to select one of the big 3 that Macc is going to pause because there's still unfinished business with Hack?

You've been reading too many Dbuttman posts.

You disgust me.

You're worse at this than mafia.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, agreed BUT it might be impossible for them to lose to us just based on the talent gap

Bowles is too dumb to realize It's A Trap and will give a rousing locker room speech about how the team never gave up all season and way to end on a high note by beating the Jacoby Brissett-led "defending champs" and this is a 3-15 season they should be proud of for ending on a high note. Hello pick #3.

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Bowles is too dumb to realize It's A Trap and will give a rousing locker room speech about how the team never gave up all season and way to end on a high note by beating the Jacoby Brissett-led "defending champs" and this is a 3-15 season they should be proud of for ending on a high note. Hello pick #3.

I think Todd Bowles is going to make 4 million dollars this year. I would love to be that dumb.

Archived