49ers Trading CB Rashard Robinson to Jets

So we could have a crappy corner with a bad pedigree on a team that's gonna not make the playoffs or sign a guy off the street who would be only slightly worse and a 2018 5th rounder. The later looks better to me. Especially since somebdoy other than Maccagnan will likely be making the pick. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

So we could have a crappy corner with a bad pedigree on a team that's gonna not make the playoffs or sign a guy off the street who would be only slightly worse and a 2018 5th rounder. The later looks better to me. Especially since somebdoy other than Maccagnan will likely be making the pick. 

That's a fallacy sir. YOu dont want to do that. You're assuming things

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We're talking about a cornerback that was picked up for a 5th round pick and analzying it to death. Why? Because you want misery. And you seek it. Because it is the only thing you know. It's why people are still responding to me

It’s not the symptom that’s killing the Jets. It’s the disease. You cannot see the bigger picture. 

Robinson has played in 22 career games, with 13 starts, including seven starts in eight games this year. He has two career interceptions -- one last year and one this year. But last week, the 49ers demoted him out of the starting lineup, and now they have traded him. 

So what's the issue with Robinson? He has eight penalties this season, tied for second-most in the NFL, including four pass interference flags. Those eight just count Robinson's accepted penalties. He has two other penalties that were offsetting, for a total of 10 in eight games. 

Adams and Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley, who played with Robinson last year in San Francisco, raved about him. 

"He's a dog," Kerley said, meaning that as as compliment. "I think he fits any defense. He's a ball player, so he can adjust. We'll definitely get somebody in the locker room who is a little wildfire. He just brings a lot of energy to the game. I can't wait to see him." 

Adams said Robinson will bring "a lot of swagger and energy" to the Jets' secondary. 

The Robinson trade also gives the Jets a young player under affordable contractual control past 2017 -- which is important for a rebuilding team. Robinson's deal runs through 2019. His salaries the next two seasons are $630,000 and $720,000. 

To make room for Robinson on the roster, the Jets waived defensive lineman Ed Stinson, who has been dealing with a neck injury. He was a limited participant in Tuesday's practice. 

• Upvote 1

Fwiw I went over to the 49ers board to read a little more about Robinson. Most fans there say that Robinson played pretty much lights out last season. They also mention that the new DC requires a different type of CB. Similar to Claiborne perhaps we found another gem. It would be great if it was just a system fit issue because that would give us the money to resign Claiborne in the offseason and take another need of the offseason list.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I don't get why people are all worked up about this trade. The draft is a crap-shoot. A fifth round pick isn't a lot and has a lot of risk. SF had a corner that plays man that got benched when they tried to make him play zone. Macc decided to take a player that he has seen 1.5 years worth of NFL experience - it seems much less risky to pick a player with NFL experience than take a shot on a 5th round pick that you don't know how well they are going to transition. He is a young player and fairly cheap.

Also, considering the trades the Mac has made this year (2nd and Kerse for Shelly), and trading away McDoggle and Pryor for anything. It appears he won those 3; let's give this a shot before you cry foul. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

• I think this trade shows the issues with changing coaching staffs.  The 49ers drafted someone last year who worked in their former system, then changed systems and had to trade him to the Jets, who played the former system.   So I am the Johnsons,  I am sticking the same system.
  • You have to wonder if this move was intended to make sure they had a CB for the rest of the year.  The current regime does not seem empowered to accept losing with you they have so as they improve draft position.  That is another reason you did not see the Jets try and trade Powell, Forte, others.  Could have given the Eagles Powell for less than Ajayi.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

"He's a dog," Kerley said, meaning that as as compliment. "I think he fits any defense. He's a ball player, so he can adjust. We'll definitely get somebody in the locker room who is a little wildfire. He just brings a lot of energy to the game. I can't wait to see him." 

Adams said Robinson will bring "a lot of swagger and energy" to the Jets' secondary. 

I like it

Image result for bryan cox ny jets pics

50 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I don't get why people are all worked up about this trade. The draft is a crap-shoot. A fifth round pick isn't a lot and has a lot of risk. SF had a corner that plays man that got benched when they tried to make him play zone. Macc decided to take a player that he has seen 1.5 years worth of NFL experience - it seems much less risky to pick a player with NFL experience than take a shot on a 5th round pick that you don't know how well they are going to transition. He is a young player and fairly cheap.

Also, considering the trades the Mac has made this year (2nd and Kerse for Shelly), and trading away McDoggle and Pryor for anything. It appears he won those 3; let's give this a shot before you cry foul. 

You only get a pass after multiple years in the nfl if you are Bryce Petty to the hate everything and everyone in the Jets fan base  lol

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Sure. More importantly, it could have been used on a guy we’d control through the end of the 2021 season instead of through the end of the 2019 season. Or a guy who didn’t get thrown off his college team. Or a guy who didn’t just get dumped by the second-worst team in the league.

(This is the part where you tell me that it’s just a 5th round pick and we basically got him for free and lol what the hell even is “best practices” it sounds gay)

You’re reaching wanting control thru 2021. 

And this is what happens when you change regimes frequently. This guy wasnt a Lynch/Shanahan pick

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We're talking about a cornerback that was picked up for a 5th round pick and analzying it to death. Why? Because you want misery. And you seek it. Because it is the only thing you know. It's why people are still responding to me

For real. This is such a minor move. You toss a 5th rounder for a guy who has a lot of problems but some raw talent. It's basically a cheap lottery ticket. See what happens. If it works? Great! If not, oh well... We need to calm down here. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well if Bowles didn't know about it then we have a problem, and the guy will probably not see the field.  At the very least he should have been called and told about it before the media.  (And I'm saying this as a guy who has no use for bowles.)

The kid is a project. They don’t care if he plays much this yr. they want him ready for next yr when obviously Bowles won’t be here.