49ers Trading CB Rashard Robinson to Jets

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

This can't be his numbers.  That's like LB'er sh*t. 

Deon Jones slaughtered him in most categories.

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Probably.  There are still the off-field concerns, which could leak into his actual value.  He is locked up cheaply through 2019, which is nice for a guy who has had starting experience.  I am not looking to hammer the guy, just pointing out that he is long, weak and not quick.  His PFF scores seem all over the map.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

A 7.3 3 cone and a 1.6 shuttle is BRUTAL for a CB. Add on he’s skinny. 

He only ran the 40 and did the jumps at the combine: http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Rashard&l=Robinson&i=22139

I'd take his pro day measurements with a grain of salt. This site has his 40 as 4.43 http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/rashard-robinson?id=2555546

This one has it at 4.28 http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/03/16/college-pro-day-reports-lsu/

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i think this guy was pretty well rated when he was drafted but it's pretty clear his head isn't where it needs to be to play in the nfl.  is bowles the coach who can get through to him?  maybe.  asj is doing pretty well as is kony ealy.  and wilk coming on strong the past two games shows bowles can motivate a slug.  we'll see.  robinson's only downside is his weight.  171 is just not that heavy even for a corner.

Um... his head has been in a way better place playing a season and a half in SF than it was in college where he was suspended for over a season.  

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

What now, Mommy Dearest?

That 5th round pick could have been used on a 21 year old CB next year instead of a 22 year old?

Sure. More importantly, it could have been used on a guy we’d control through the end of the 2021 season instead of through the end of the 2019 season. Or a guy who didn’t get thrown off his college team. Or a guy who didn’t just get dumped by the second-worst team in the league.

(This is the part where you tell me that it’s just a 5th round pick and we basically got him for free and lol what the hell even is “best practices” it sounds gay)

• Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Sure. More importantly, it could have been used on a guy we’d control through the end of the 2021 season instead of through the end of the 2019 season. Or a guy who didn’t get thrown off his college team. Or a guy who didn’t just get dumped by the second-worst team in the league.

(This is the part where you tell me that it’s just a 5th round pick and we basically got him for free and lol what the hell even is “best practices” it sounds gay)

So taking into account that Claiborne and Skrine may be goners in a couple months what's your plan look like?

Overspending on whatever FA CB's will be available in March?

Playing mostly rookies or players with zero starting experience in the backfield next year?

I don't care what he did when he was 19 in Louisiana.  The league is filled with players who either were or are dumbasses.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

So taking into account that Claiborne and Skrine may be goners in a couple months what's your plan look like?

Playing mostly rookies or players with zero starting experience in the backfield next year?

I don't care what he did when he was 19 in Louisiana.  The league is filled with players who either were or are dumbasses.

Macc already tried the overspending thing, it didn’t work out. You should be asking what his plan is. I’m not sure he has one. 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

My plan is to draft players who can actually play.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

For all we know they may not play again this season.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The 49ers, mostly devoid of talent, traded away a 22-year old CB "with upside" for a pick 1 round lower than the one they used on him less than 2 years ago.  

Why should this be considered a good move, again?

omg...  forget it.

Clearly this thread is overrun with a case of the stupid.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The 49ers, mostly devoid of talent, traded away a 22-year old CB "with upside" for a pick 1 round lower than the one they used on him less than 2 years ago.  

Why should this be considered a good move, again?

Why shouldn't it? Because Jets fans love to WHINE??? 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Truly amazing, isn't it?

It is!  You try and make valid points but they just can't help themselves.  It's like they've been programmed to respond to any move Macc makes with vitriol and condescension.

Ealy is a player..  getting Kearse and a 2nd rounder for Richardson was a coup..  Kerley playing well..  Lee coming around..  Adams and Maye playing well and will only get better... McGuire has some juice..  Stewart with a couple nice plays and ready to get more time..  We haven't even seen Leggett or Hansen yet but all they do is whine whine whine. 

If Clark or Jones turn into a player this could be a great draft!  but watch..  they'll whine about Donahue.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Adams and Robinson

Image result for rashard robinson and jamal adams lsu pics

I think or at least I hope that Maccagnan had a chat with Adams prior to doing this trade. Based on what I read, he seems to have the physical skills. Whether or not there's "anyone upstairs", remains to be seen.

Seeing that most 5th Round picks never become NFL full-time starters,  Macc did right by rolling the dice with this kid.

With all the injuries we have in the secondary spending 1 of our 2 5th round picks makes the risk worth taking.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

The 49ers benched the guy and we just gave them a 5th round pick. I wonder if that might have something to do with it

So a team going nowhere this year with no shot at a playoff berth wastes a 5th round pick for no apparent reason whatsoever. GREAT JOB!

• Thumb Down 2

Idk, hes young has some experience and played well at times for a 5th rounder? Not bad.... It could pan out. 

But watching those highlight reels concern me. Lots of holding grabbing and blanket raping of the  wr. 

Bit its a position we need badly. Skrine sucks.... 

Overall, im cautiously optimistic 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm well aware.  It's in the first post I posted responding to you.  You said he's slow.  He's not slow.  Hopefully his backpedal is as fast as yours.

We can play semantics all day. For a cornerback, he’s slow. For a human, yes, he’s fast. When you factor in he’s only 170lbs, the short area speed numbers are terribly slow.