The real reason for the 2017 NY Jets surprising success!

Lupz27

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

OC John Morton!

Get this guy a REAL QB to design an offense around, and sky is this limit on offense for the Jets, unfortunately McCown is not that guy.

Been the biggest bright spot so far for me.  I really hope he doesn't get snatched by another team for a head coach vacancy.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Was never a big Bowles fan but credit where credit is due he has the team outplaying itself by a mile. He's the team MVP this season IMHO.

This 100%

Yes Morton has been excellent but he didn’t get here by magic. Bowles deserves genuine credit for having this team play big time hard every game so far. 

He has led them and absent a third quarter of the season implosion he just earned his job for next year.  

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Been the biggest bright spot so far for me.  I really hope he doesn't get snatched by another team for a head coach vacancy.

How about making him the head coach or bringing in John Gruden, who Morton would be willing to coach under?

The offense has been not perfect but consistently looks prepare with a good game plan each and every week and performs good enough to win most weeks.

The defense actually, for once played to their potential and you saw the result.

The only really bad thing about the offense is sheer and utter atrocious two minute drill on display at the end of half yesterday and at end of game vs Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The offense has been not perfect but consistently looks prepare with a good game plan each and every week and performs good enough to win most weeks.

The defense actually, for once played to their potential and you saw the result.

The only really bad thing about the offense is sheer and utter atrocious two minute drill on display at the end of half yesterday and at end of game vs Atlanta.

what we are (finally) experiencing is that talent can be partially offset by competent coaching and correct utilization of personnel.  i still think they use forte too much and don't use the other 2 rbs enough, but most of the time, the offense looks competent.  they MUST keep morton.

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

OC John Morton!

Get this guy a REAL QB to design an offense around, and sky is this limit on offense for the Jets, unfortunately McCown is not that guy.

last night i learned about Morton's resume, quite impressive.  looks like we have a legit OC and this guy is the real deal.  hopefully we can give him more talent in years to come and he can continue to improve our offense.

I would think it would take him at least another year or two before teams start thinking about that, no? 

Now if we could just get a young QB in here...

that would be a HUGE step for him next year if teams came calling for him as their HC.  Not sure if he is ready for all of that responsibilty but he has proven he can handle the OC duties readily.  Would like to see him as assistant HC/OC next year if/when bowles is retained.

It was nice to see that he listened to the players requests to run the ball more this week. 

Shows me that he’s flexible, and not a “my way or the highway kind of guy”.

Considering he’s just learning how to be an NFL coordinator, I think he’s doing a phenomenal job. Big upside.

Give Morton & Bates Brees, Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins (I don't care which one/best deal for Jets). Draft for him McGlinchey, Nick Chubb (a powerful back who can catch out of the backfield) & Billy Price the Ohio State Center 1- LT McGlinchey 2A- DE Bradley Chubb (pipe dream/never know? 2B- Nick Chubb 3- Billy Price. Jets would be set with Powell, Chubb, McGuire.

Hoping it would be another Dbrick/Mangold draft. If Enunwa comes back, resign ASJ, Kearse, Anderson, Stewart & Hansen should be plenty for the WCO. 

Give Bowles Bradley Chubb and 2 free agent stallwarts Malcolm Butler (tough guy/plays STs, and very versatile & shouldn't be too expensive, will have a huge chip on his shoulder with news of imminent trade throughout beginning of 2017 season & our BIG free agent signing Ziggy Ansah! Bradley Chubb/Ziggy Ansah/ Mo Wilk/ Leo Williams, Kony Ealy. Dylan Donahue.

FIGHT!

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Give Morton & Bates Brees, Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins (I don't care which one/best deal for Jets). Draft for him McGlinchey, Nick Chubb (a powerful back who can catch out of the backfield) & Billy Price the Ohio State Center 1- LT McGlinchey 2A- DE Bradley Chubb (pipe dream/never know? 2B- Nick Chubb 3- Billy Price. Jets would be set with Powell, Chubb, McGuire.

Hoping it would be another Dbrick/Mangold draft. If Enunwa comes back, resign ASJ, Kearse, Anderson, Stewart & Hansen should be plenty for the WCO. 

Give Bowles Bradley Chubb and 2 free agent stallwarts Malcolm Butler (tough guy/plays STs, and very versatile & shouldn't be too expensive, will have a huge chip on his shoulder with news of imminent trade throughout beginning of 2017 season & our BIG free agent signing Ziggy Ansah! Bradley Chubb/Ziggy Ansah/ Mo Wilk/ Leo Williams, Kony Ealy. Dylan Donahue.

FIGHT!

it moved a little

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

OC John Morton!

i'll give morton his due.  considering what they've had for oc's going all the way back to hack job this guy is great.  but just remember that this same offense wasn't able to control the ball against the doltfins and the falcons when it counted.  i'm not saying that's all on the oc but somewhere they got to get inspired to close out games.

5 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

It was nice to see that he listened to the players requests to run the ball more this week. 

Shows me that he’s flexible, and not a “my way or the highway kind of guy”.

Considering he’s just learning how to be an NFL coordinator, I think he’s doing a phenomenal job. Big upside.

do you really think it was the player's requests?  how about the fact that they had two leads slip away in the fourth because the offense completely stalled with mccown's weak armed passing game?  you can't run if you can run block and until yesterday the run game was having some serious issues.

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

OC John Morton!

So to play devils advocate, how many qbs this year are playing better then McCown? 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

These Morton threads remind me of 2006.

Do you EVER have anything positive to say? Other than not being able to run the ball to close out some games, the offense has come along. We're finally putting in a SYSTEM on offense which means we can draft players who we think FIT that system. 

Hard to argue with the success of the system coming out of New Orleans & yes, if Drew Brees would like to lead us for 3 years I'm be ecstatic.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

FIGHT!

some good ideas.  i like getting quincy, asj, and kearse re-signed. maybe see what it takes to lock up anderson for a few seasons. of the qb's, maybe smith is the guy or go after mccarron or draft one.  mccown is showing how a passing game can work without having a big arm. throw a good run game behind smith and the receivers and it will work great.  cousins? maybe good but he's going to cost a ton.  brees is getting too old. they need a center and one more guy on the oline to run block.  this group will get better once they play more together.

on defense, they can't have too many corners.  drop or renegotiate wilk.  they ran a five man rush and did a great job of containing tyrod.  they do that against just about any qb and they'll have success.

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Do you EVER have anything positive to say? Other than not being able to run the ball to close out some games, the offense has come along. We're finally putting in a SYSTEM on offense which means we can draft players who we think FIT that system. 

Hard to argue with the success of the system coming out of New Orleans & yes, if Drew Brees would like to lead us for 3 years I'm be ecstatic.

I like Morton.  He seems great so far.  No complaint about him or praising his work.

People are talking about him being courted for HC job?  People talking about how we may lose him if we don't reup Bowles?  I think it is beyond premature.  I also don't see why you are praising them for installing a system in year 3 of the regime. If the Gailey guys don't fit the system, that is on the higher ups. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i'll give morton his due.  considering what they've had for oc's going all the way back to hack job this guy is great.  but just remember that this same offense wasn't able to control the ball against the doltfins and the falcons when it counted.  i'm not saying that's all on the oc but somewhere they got to get inspired to close out games.

Go back, and watch the film on a lot if the pass plays in the 4th quarter of both of those games McCown had wide open WR's down the field, and choose to check down, and take sacks.

Archived