Cousins should be the target

Jetster

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

That was a battle of the most average QBs in all of Average Town.  

Dak has fallen off the side of the Earth without Zeke and I really hope our a**hole GM doesn't give Cousins 30mil per year.  Holy sh*t, would that be a disaster.

Macc won’t but he will give McCown or Alex Smith $15 mil per year for three years

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He is on pace for his 3rd straight 4,000 yard season where he has thrown 73tds and 28TDs. He has done all of that with average talent. His most talented weapon the last 3 years has been a Tight End that plays about 12 games a year. 

Has a Jets QB ever come close to those numbers? Oh wait, he had a bad game on November 30th, 2017th, therefore we should pass on him. 

Everyone gets stats in today’s nfl.  Geno Smith throwing to Chaz Schilens got 3,000 yards passing

On 11/29/2017 at 3:52 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You're arguing with trolls. Cousins is a very very good QB. Considering the youth and cap situation with this team, he is a perfect fit for our team. It would also allow us to use our top 10-12 pick on a OL/RB/Edge Rusher. And then use our 2 second round picks to beef up other areas of our team. We could enter next year as a team ready to win 10+ games. 

If we want Rosen/Darnold we will likely have to leap frog the Giants via trade which would cost us a ton of picks this year and next. Then we have less talent on the team and a young QB that could take a couple of years to develop (not a terrible back up plan, but not ideal). 

Very, very good qb?  Lol

I couldn't wait to check the site this morning. I knew it! I knew I would be seeing posts disparaging Cousins because he was being hit on the 3rd step of his drop by Lawrence. 

Are you people serious? Did you watch that game with the sound off? The Redskins have had more injuries & shuffled their offensive line more than 31 other teams in this league, oh yea there are 32 teams in the NFL. 

Despite that & before he lost his LT last night, he took them down the field & threw a perfect seam pass that went right through Crowders hands & was picked off. That was AFTER Crowder dropped another pass that would have resulted in a 1st down on their 1st drive. 

Did you see the play he make when a Lawrence came in untouched & he spun away feeling the pressure & literally back pedaling showed off his arm strength throwing a WR open & getting a 1st down? It was remarkable & we haven't had a QB EVER that could have made that play. You know the Skins basically have no TE right now that can get open right? Vernon Davis is 100 years old. They've lost every RB to injury & are playing the rookie Perine who missed quite a few blocks last night.

Jet fans crack me up. Morons! Sorry, the shoe fits. Any f*cking football fan that could watch that game knowing the situation Cousins is in right now with the team around him and come in here chirping about his play are MORONS! Demarcus Lawrence was beating their starting RT like a drum & he's the best Lineman they had left, oh, in case you didn't notice he was taken off the field on a cart. So, Demarcus Lawrence, the leader of the entire NFL in sacks was going against 3rd string lineman. Cousins was playing behind an Oline similar to a 4th quarter preseason game you idiots. Nice try coming here this morning with you unbiased criticism of Cousins coming off that game.

9 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Every time I see this guy play he’s trash. He will be the perfect Jet.

Your so full of sh*t. He's played very well this year under tough circumstances with more injuries around him on his Oline than any team in the league. You haven't watched sh*t.

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Kirk Cousins walks in and on day one is the best QB under 30 the jets have ever had.

I don’t trust this organization to find their own franchise QB because they never have. 

I’d call up the Brinks truck for a playoff caliber QB.

You bet your ass. McGlinchey in the 1st, Billy Price & a stud RB that falls in the 2nd with Cousins at QB. McGlinchey-Carpenter-Price-Winters-Shell in front of Cousins.

Stud RB-Powell-McGuire

Enunwa-Kearse-Anderson-Stewart-Hansen-ASJ-Leggette are plenty of weapons.

Thats before spending any more of 60 million left for free agency 

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Kirk cousin has a GREAT game last night. Wtf are you morons watching?

we can afford to make him the highest paid player and have plenty of room left - ITS NOT YOUR MONEY

whatbare you worried about?

Derp Derp

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I just don't see it. I see a decent QB, but not really a game changing QB.  I will become ill if they sign him or Bradford or any other veteran retread. Why cant the Jets learn from past mistakes...

Cousins isnt a game changing QB, but thats exactly the thing - it doesnt matter, there is no reason to believe that Kirk Cousins has less of a chance of leading a SB winning team then Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, or Phillip Rivers.

If cousins was truly the elite people want him to be, like Rogers, Brady, Ben, or Russel Wilson, then he wouldnt be available.  He is a good, not great, QB and that combined with the fact that Washington's management has been and continues to be bad at their jobs, and is why Cousins is available.

If the Jets go with cousins Im completely fine with it and want us to desperately find a center in the 2nd round or FA and a pass rusher with our first round pick and continue to use draft picks to build a strong team around him.  

If we want to use our cap space to try to solidify other spots, Ziggy Ansah or Demarcus Lawerence are the top FA pass rushers, and draft Baker or Stidham Im fine with that too.  

Anyone who wants cousins or supports it and thinks he is a top 5 QB, he isnt but he is light years ahead of any QB we have had in years and will be a very solid NFL starter for the next 8+ seasons.

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He is on pace for his 3rd straight 4,000 yard season where he has thrown 73tds and 28TDs. He has done all of that with average talent. His most talented weapon the last 3 years has been a Tight End that plays about 12 games a year. 

Has a Jets QB ever come close to those numbers? Oh wait, he had a bad game on November 30th, 2017th, therefore we should pass on him. 

Actually josh McCown is on pace for 4,000 and 25 tds Lol. Jenkins dropped two last week. Well refs helped him lose 1.

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I just don't see it. I see a decent QB, but not really a game changing QB.  I will become ill if they sign him or Bradford or any other veteran retread. Why cant the Jets learn from past mistakes...

That's why they're known as the SOJ :(

29 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That's why they're known as the SOJ :(

Oh yea, I could see it now. McCown next year with rookie QB learning behind him, LMAO!

Another 5-12 season. QBs are falling out of the sky in the NFL. This fanbase has ZERO patience for a rookie QB!

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Mark Sanchez led nobody nowhere. Cut it out.

selective amnesia.

the D and running game may have led us to the playoffs but unless Sanchez has the games he does once they got there they would have been 1 and done both years.

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

its less... i promise  lol. Reed might play 7 games a year.

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Actually josh McCown is on pace for 4,000 and 25 tds Lol. Jenkins dropped two last week. Well refs helped him lose 1.

Actually, I didn't say that NO Jets QB has ever thrown for 4k and 25, I said not one has done it for three straight years like Cousins is about to. Nice try though. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

selective amnesia.

the D and running game may have led us to the playoffs but unless Sanchez has the games he does once they got there they would have been 1 and done both years.

What team could have survived without his 180 yards passing? ******* kid was 50% with a TD and an INT against the Chargers for 100 yards!  #leadbyexample

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

For all the love cousins is getting his team is losing a lot

It's the Sanchez-Smith Theorum.

QB's that fans fall in love with are never at fault for the results, it's always the lack of talent, or injuries, or coaching that causes the losses, interceptions, fumbles or other poor metric.  No matter what, the beloved QB is never, ever at fault.  He may be praised, but never criticized.

Exhibit A:  SAR and March Sanchez.

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Actually, I didn't say that NO Jets QB has ever thrown for 4k and 25, I said not one has done it for three straight years like Cousins is about to. Nice try though. 

Lol well of course mark Sanchez didn’t ha. Other than Sanchez no jet qb has been given more than 1-2 years to attempt it correct ? Since the chad yrs over 10 yrs ago. So of course no jet qb in a while has done anything for 3 straight yrs, because not since chad has a qb played more than 2 full seasons as the starter. Anyway, McCown will probably get the chance to repeat his stats for next yr at least ha.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's the Sanchez-Smith Theorum.

QB's that fans fall in love with are never at fault for the results, it's always the lack of talent, or injuries, or coaching that causes the losses, interceptions, fumbles or other poor metric.  No matter what, the beloved QB is never, ever at fault.  He may be praised, but never criticized.

Exhibit A:  SAR and March Sanchez.

I am not a huge Cousins supporter, but the injuries and that sh*tty D are no joke. The interesting thing to me is Pryor. I am shocked that he was of no value whatsoever with Cousins. I thought a big target like that would really help and Crowder would pick up the shifty guy slack from Jackson leaving.  I will be interested in Pryor as a FA next year.

As for Cousins, I think the Jets should certainly be on the phone with his agent when FA starts.  I'm not sure how high I'd go, but they should be there kicking the tires.  I think you can win with him - his INT% is extremely low - but you need to have money to spread around to build your team. 

On 11/24/2017 at 1:40 PM, Jetster said:

I'll say it again. Front loaded contract & Saquan Barkley in the 1st. Jets just need to figure out their center position on the Oline. It's time to help this defense out with some explosive offense. 

Re-up ASJ, the 2 young WRs in their 2nd year, Kearse, Anderson, Leggette? With a great running game, (Barkley, Powell, McGuire) and Kirk Cousins spreading the ball around the Jets can turn around their fortunes in one offseason with 3 picks in the top 100. 

Heres what Kirk Cousins is doing with injuries surrounding him on the Oline, at RB, TE (Reed has been hurt all year), and he's still keeping them in every game & has actually improved:

Cousins is on pace to become the second quarterback in NFL history to start 10 or more games in a season with a 100-plus passer rating and a losing record. Welcome to what's been Drew Brees' world the last couple of years.

Jet fans that don't want Cousins haven't been paying attention to his play under tough circumstances.

So this trash is still a topic?  Somebody tell me WHY this next bit isn't relevant and I'll sign on the dotted line for this yahoo who hasn't won sh*t.

Fact: 

In the last 15 years, only 1 Free Agent QB has won a superbowl for his new team. DREW BREES, future HOF'er... this excuses P. Manning who already won a superbowl. Last time I checked, that's definitely not Cousins' pedigree.

Meanwhile:

90% of all Superbowls are won by QBs with the team that drafted them. Drew Brees being the exception - and of course Manning who came with that pedigree. Warner's the only new name to add to that list if you look at the losing teams... and guess what. He won one with STL.

So you guys are saying Kirk can do what Brees did?? that's what you're banking on!?!? the 1/15 chance?? 

fat-lanc.jpg

5 hours ago, Pac said:

selective amnesia.

I don't think you understand how it works for Jets fans...

Jets Fans on QB's: Nothing else matters other than a QB, if you don't have a good QB, you suck.

Jets Fans on Sanchez: Sanchez sucks, he is awful, he had nothing to do with the success of the team, he went along for the ride.

Jets Fans on QB's: Nothing else matters, either you have a QB or you don't. If you don't have a good QB, you can't win...

Jets Fans: Sanchez sucks, worst QB ever. Blah Blah Blah, dropped INT's, sucks, blah, sucks, drops, blah

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That would be your pitch to Kirk's agent?

No, I wouldn't make a pitch to Cousins agent.

I don't believe Cousins will be available, I think the Redskins will either Franchise tag him again, or tag and trade him.  The presumptions they simply let him walk for nothing with no QB of note behind him are, IMO, rather silly.

But no, I'm not interested in paying Kirk Cousins 30 mil. a year for five-six years.  I would have drafted him, I liked him then at draft-pick-price.  I do not like him at his current cost, not for this team, not with the looming draft class coming this spring.

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So this trash is still a topic?  Somebody tell me WHY this next bit isn't relevant and I'll sign on the dotted line for this yahoo who hasn't won sh*t.

Fact: 

In the last 15 years, only 1 Free Agent QB has won a superbowl for his new team. DREW BREES, future HOF'er... this excuses P. Manning who already won a superbowl. Last time I checked, that's definitely not Cousins' pedigree.

Meanwhile:

90% of all Superbowls are won by QBs with the team that drafted them. Drew Brees being the exception - and of course Manning who came with that pedigree. Warner's the only new name to add to that list if you look at the losing teams... and guess what. He won one with STL.

So you guys are saying Kirk can do what Brees did?? that's what you're banking on!?!? the 1/15 chance?? 

fat-lanc.jpg

Brees wasn't a HOFer when the Saints picked him up. He didn't even have a functioning shoulder.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fact: 

Meanwhile:

I think if you go back the last 15 super bowls  you'd have to count Brad Johnson, so that is 3 and should be a 1/5 chance.  I'm not sure how you refuse to count Manning with the Broncos, but you get to count the fact that there are only 8 or 9 QBs on that list.  Warner won one with St Louis, but guess what - he was a free agent pick up by the Rams.  Peyton also should be added to the list as a loser, since he got waxed by Seattle as a FA pickup.  Don't you also have to add Hasselbeck and Delhomme? 

Personally, I don't find the statistic particularly relevant.  How many QBs get drafted that don't do sh*t?  When was the last time that a QB hit the market that had been franchised twice?  Pretty sure the answer is never.  You can't act like this is a common FA QB.

Good QBs are good QBs.  IMO Cousins is a good QB, but not a superstar.  You have to put a value on him and make sure that it allows you to fill the team around him enough to be successful.  Does that mean that we value him too low to sign him?  Quite possibly.  That is the decision a good GM has to make.  Is our GM capable of making this assessment?  I don't know, but IMO Cousins@$30M per > Fitzpatrick@$12M per.

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fact: 

Meanwhile:

Has there been anyone at Cousins level that became a free agent? Let's call it above average if you don't wanna think he's anything special. It's usually the Matt Flynns and Mike Glennons that become available after playing a few garbage time games and not sucking entirely. So of course that stat is gonna be skewed. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Brees wasn't a HOFer when the Saints picked him up. He didn't even have a functioning shoulder.

That's irrelevant. The point I clearly stated at the end, is that Cousins are saying they think Cousins can be the next Brees and are prepared to bank on that... that being a ONE IN FIFTEEN CHANCE... over the other 14/15 that were won by the team that drafted said QB

Just now, Paradis said:

That's irrelevant. The point I clearly stated at the end, is that Cousins are saying they think Cousins can be the next Brees and are prepared to bank on that... that being a ONE IN FIFTEEN CHANCE... over the other 14/15 that were won by the team that drafted said QB

The relevancy is I don't think anyone (in March of 2006) was so generous as to give Brees even that 1/15 chance of becoming what Brees became.

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Has there been anyone at Cousins level that became a free agent? Let's call it above average if you don't wanna think he's anything special. It's usually the Matt Flynns and Mike Glennons that become available after playing a few garbage time games and not sucking entirely. So of course that stat is gonna be skewed. 

but that's kind of the point. The good ones don't become FAs.... so if Cousins was a "good one" - why is he even possibly a free agent? I think ti's because WSH sees the same thing I do, an average dude. 

Archived