Cousins should be the target

Jetster

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way in hell the Cousins haters on this site have watched him play this year! He's balling out on a team with numerous injuries, a soft defense missing their best CB, all of his RBs are injured, his TE barely plays & is always nicked up, he's got all new receivers after losing Jackson & Garcon, and he's still making plays keeping them in games! He's the anti Sanchez! Everything that happened to Sanchez after 2010 has happened to Cousins, the difference is the only reason the Skins are competetive is BECAUSE OF KIRK! 

Watch the games people, if your not observing, don't comment, because if you've watched any Skins game you would understand this. Kirk Cousins with 3 top draft picks & the return of Enunwa & a few of our other youngsters from injury & we're a competing ball club NEXT YEAR, not two or three years from now.

18 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There is no way in hell the Cousins haters on this site have watched him play this year! He's balling out on a team with numerous injuries, a soft defense missing their best CB, all of his RBs are injured, his TE barely plays & is always nicked up, he's got all new receivers after losing Jackson & Garcon, and he's still making plays keeping them in games! He's the anti Sanchez! Everything that happened to Sanchez after 2010 has happened to Cousins, the difference is the only reason the Skins are competetive is BECAUSE OF KIRK! 

Watch the games people, if your not observing, don't comment, because if you've watched any Skins game you would understand this. Kirk Cousins with 3 top draft picks & the return of Enunwa & a few of our other youngsters from injury & we're a competing ball club NEXT YEAR, not two or three years from now.

I watched him play.  Excellent in play action I give him that.  But he’s not this Tom Brady-like figure 

Cousins: 19tds 6ints

McCown: 17tds 8ints

28 minutes ago, Jetster said:

it's easy to forget that we lost enunwa.  i just don't know about his neck injury but he is needed right now, they clearly don't trust the rookie wrs and only throw to 2 wrs and ASJ.  

On 11/25/2017 at 10:38 AM, Jetster said:

That stat is pure BS! He brought the Skins back in SEATTLE just a few weeks ago. 

Eh.  Not really.  He brought them back, but he didn't throw a TD pass in the last 2 minutes.  They took over at their own 30 with 1:30 left and he hit Quick and Doctson for 30 and 38 on successive plays, but Doctson was downed at the 1.  Kelly ran it in.  That doesn't count for this silly stat.   

On 11/25/2017 at 10:58 AM, munchmemory said:

That's what I'm saying.  All things being equal, I'd take Bridgewater's potential over Cousins'.  

And my two cents?  Bradford sucks.  Another Cutler.

What exactly do you think Bradford has in common with Cutler?  They have similar completion percentages, but Cutler is waaaaay more turnover prone.  I think Bradford's biggest problem has been that he is brittle, but his numbers were still improving and he is basically hitting his prime. 

11 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

3 times!

And you spelled it right twice!

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I watched him play.  Excellent in play action I give him that.  But he’s not this Tom Brady-like figure 

Cousins: 19tds 6ints

McCown: 17tds 8ints

EAGLES, RAMS, RAIDERS, CHIEFS, 49ers, EAGLES, COWBOYS, SEAHAWKS, VIKINGS, SAINTS, GIANTS

They lost to the Eagles (10-1) twice, Chiefs 6-5) , Cowboys (5-6), Vikings (9-2), Saints (8-3)

We'll get to see how the Jets play the Chiefs & Saints. 

The only GOOD win the Jets have is against the Jaguars. Complete FLUKE game! The Powell slip/get up & score, McGuire long TD (What has he done since), Jaguars went from hurricane in Florida to London & then on the road @ NY.

FLUKE! 

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

You're arguing with trolls. Cousins is a very very good QB. Considering the youth and cap situation with this team, he is a perfect fit for our team. It would also allow us to use our top 10-12 pick on a OL/RB/Edge Rusher. And then use our 2 second round picks to beef up other areas of our team. We could enter next year as a team ready to win 10+ games. 

If we want Rosen/Darnold we will likely have to leap frog the Giants via trade which would cost us a ton of picks this year and next. Then we have less talent on the team and a young QB that could take a couple of years to develop (not a terrible back up plan, but not ideal). 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You're arguing with trolls. Cousins is a very very good QB. Considering the youth and cap situation with this team, he is a perfect fit for our team. It would also allow us to use our top 10-12 pick on a OL/RB/Edge Rusher. And then use our 2 second round picks to beef up other areas of our team. We could enter next year as a team ready to win 10+ games. 

If we want Rosen/Darnold we will likely have to leap frog the Giants via trade which would cost us a ton of picks this year and next. Then we have less talent on the team and a young QB that could take a couple of years to develop (not a terrible back up plan, but not ideal). 

Agreed, Cousins isn't Brady but I think fans just get way to enamored with the idea of drafting and developing a QB vs. paying a free agent.  Unfortunately it looks like the Jets may have won enough games already to knock them out of a top pick and with the holes on this team you'd hate to have to trade away a ton of picks to draft a QB.  Signing a FA like Cousins gives us our QB plus 3 picks in the first two rds. to beef up those positions where we desperately need help.  Again, it would be ideal to draft your franchise QB b/c you then get to keep that guy under control on a pretty fair salary for the first few years but you risk not being able to build a team around that player due to the fact that you've had to trade away the rest of your draft to get him.  

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

EAGLES, RAMS, RAIDERS, CHIEFS, 49ers, EAGLES, COWBOYS, SEAHAWKS, VIKINGS, SAINTS, GIANTS

They lost to the Eagles (10-1) twice, Chiefs 6-5) , Cowboys (5-6), Vikings (9-2), Saints (8-3)

We'll get to see how the Jets play the Chiefs & Saints. 

The only GOOD win the Jets have is against the Jaguars. Complete FLUKE game! The Powell slip/get up & score, McGuire long TD (What has he done since), Jaguars went from hurricane in Florida to London & then on the road @ NY.

FLUKE! 

None of those defenses are great.  He struggled to put up 20 against the giants who gave up a 30-spot to CJ Beathard throwing to Canadian League rejects

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

None of those defenses are great.  He struggled to put up 20 against the giants who gave up a 30-spot to CJ Beathard throwing to Canadian League rejects

I get it, your not a Cousins fan. I think he'd be the best QB here since...well..Namath. Pennington was very good before his injuries. We're so use to bad QB play fans here shouldn't turn their noses at any QB.

58 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Signing Kirk Cousins Bc you ended up winning about 5 sh*t games is about as Jetsy as Jetsy can get.

I'll be dancing in the streets if we announce we've signed Kirk Cousins to a contract! Be the most excited I've been before a draft & season than since 1998. Especially if we followed it by drafting McLinchey & Price the center from Ohio State with our top 3 picks! Could be Dbrick & Mangold part II.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Signing Kirk Cousins Bc you ended up winning about 5 sh*t games is about as Jetsy as Jetsy can get.

Kirk Cousins would make Anderson/Kearse/Enunwa/ASJ/ Stewart?/Hansen?/McGuire 25% better just by his experience, arm strength, pocket presence. Sign Cousins & draft a couple stud lineman to protect him and a stud RB that falls to our 2nd second round pick & your off and running! Our defense needs just 1 pass rusher that might shake free next year (Ansah?), Jets would have the 2nd best QB in the AFC East & that's good enough for me after the sh*t we've been watching for 8 years. You put a good line in front of Cousins & we'll be balling. Look at Dak now that he lost Zeke & his Oline got dinged up, Kirk has gone through the EXACT SAME THING, losing RBs, a completely new WR crew, and all kinds of injuries on the oline but is outperforming Prescott by a MILE! Why? Because Kirk Cousins is a FRANCHISE QB.

On 11/25/2017 at 11:17 AM, Ex-Rex said:

Cousins has been QUOTED as saying he wants to stay in Washington, which may be a "negotiating ploy" but we don't know for sure. I think Cousins is one of the top five QB's in the league and it would be stupid for the Skins to let him walk.

I don't think he signs a deal until he tests FA. The only way Washington will be able to keep him is if he is franchised tagged again. I really don't believe he wants to sign with them as much as he has said he wants to stay there.

Cousins has looked great any time I have the Redskins this year. I'd sign him in a heart-beat for 22-25m.

As much as I love Darnold or Rosen, it is hard not to believe Cousins + Barkley/McGlinchey wouldn't improve our offense more than Darnold/Rosen + any other  offensive players available in free agency. 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think he signs a deal until he tests FA. The only way Washington will be able to keep him is if he is franchised tagged again. I really don't believe he wants to sign with them as much as he has said he wants to stay there.

Or they could use the transition tag.  From what I have read, he would get $28M as the Skins Transition player.  Would give Washington the option to match any offer he receives on the open market, but no compensation if they lose him. 

On 11/28/2017 at 2:11 PM, Jethead said:

Cousins is by far the best option. Pay him whatever he wants. Force Washington to tag him or lose him.

McKown and trade up to QB we like best is distant second.

Edge rusher, center and CB with whatever we have left.

Bill Belichick: "Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here".

On 11/24/2017 at 5:20 PM, Pennington said:

Barkley has a whopping 4 games with over 100 yards rushing this season. There isn't a more overrated player in college football. We need to find a way to get one of the top 3 QBs in this next draft instead of paying 30 million per season for Cousins who hasn't won a big game in his career.

Stop looking at the stats and watch him play.  Teams dedicating 8 guys to stop him and Penn State's OL is not great, but because of Barkley things are open up all over the field and he contributes in the passing game and returning kicks and he's 225 Lbs.   With Barkley the game is total yards.  Last year when he wasn't as respected he ran all over everybody, this year he draws alot more attention. 

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Or they could use the transition tag.  From what I have read, he would get $28M as the Skins Transition player.  Would give Washington the option to match any offer he receives on the open market, but no compensation if they lose him. 

Correct, so he will be allowed to test his market. A team could heavily front load his contract however making it impossible for the Redskins to match. They removed the poison pill from the transition tag so it's not quite as easy as it used to be to steal a player.

That was a battle of the most average QBs in all of Average Town.  

Dak has fallen off the side of the Earth without Zeke and I really hope our a**hole GM doesn't give Cousins 30mil per year.  Holy sh*t, would that be a disaster.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

It's been reported that using the transition tag on Cousins is extremely unlikely because Washington is not interested in creating a bidding war for his service.

They're either going to slap the franchise tag on him for the 3rd and final time and work out a long term deal afterwards, or just let him walk.

He is on pace for his 3rd straight 4,000 yard season where he has thrown 73tds and 28TDs. He has done all of that with average talent. His most talented weapon the last 3 years has been a Tight End that plays about 12 games a year. 

Has a Jets QB ever come close to those numbers? Oh wait, he had a bad game on November 30th, 2017th, therefore we should pass on him. 

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Kirk Cousins walks in and on day one is the best QB under 30 the jets have ever had.

I don’t trust this organization to find their own franchise QB because they never have. 

I’d call up the Brinks truck for a playoff caliber QB.

I just don't see it. I see a decent QB, but not really a game changing QB.  I will become ill if they sign him or Bradford or any other veteran retread. Why cant the Jets learn from past mistakes...

Archived