Marrone

Gen X Jet

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gen X Jet said:

Marrone brought the Jags to 9-4 today.  A tough gritty team who already knows how to win (notwithstanding a crappy QB).  He also helped the Jets draft position by beating the Seahawks today.  

Would've been nice to have hime as HC.  Thanks Mehta.

Nah, they should be good with all of those high draft picks and in a division without any great teams.  That defense is nasty and it's not because of Marrone.  It's because of the high draft picks and the money they splurged on free agents.  

As long as Tom Brady is Tom Brady and the Jets don't have a QB, it's going to be like this.

7 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Marrone brought the Jags to 9-4 today.  A tough gritty team who already knows how to win (notwithstanding a crappy QB).  He also helped the Jets draft position by beating the Seahawks today.  

Lol. Marrone. Whatever that guy is Caughlin’s puppet and that team has been loading up on defense. Lots of high picks. 

35 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Not gritty enough to beat us though

42 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Why "Thanks Mehta"? 

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why "Thanks Mehta"? 

Marrone is thought to have opted out from Buffalo with an understanding he would replace Rex Ryan here. But Mehta wrote an article that said basically Marrone when he was the OL coach under Herman Edwards or at Syracuse was not a nice guy. It was not well-sourced nor had many details, only  Mehta said Marrone was a bad guy who gave out crappy candy on Halloween or didn't return his phone calls or some other pantywaist nonsense BS. And the Johnsons rather than sticking to the plan backed out and began ANOTHER WORLDWIDE COACH BESTEST SEARCH. 

For all of the supposed $ and brain power the Johnsons have at their disposal instead they listen more to one beat writer who knows nothing about football. AND THE PROBLEM IS THE FANS? RIGHT. 

this is what happens when the media and fans go on a crusade about things they know nothing about.  it's why teams should never listen to the fans and media.  Jax has been building for a while now, you could see it coming and it's all come together this year. 

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

this is what happens when the media and fans go on a crusade about things they know nothing about.  it's why teams should never listen to the fans and media.  Jax has been building for a while now, you could see it coming and it's all come together this year. 

What counts as a while?  Coughlin had a very good draft and signed a legit #1 CB so we should now be happy with waiting another 10 years for Macagnan to figure it out?

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What counts as a while?  Coughlin had a very good draft and signed a legit #1 CB so we should now be happy with waiting another 10 years for Macagnan to figure it out?

oh now Coughlin gets all the credit?  they have 3 1st yr Jags starters on offense and one of them is Tommy Bohanon and 3 on defense.  Yes he made some good moves and has a couple of nice draft picks but the team and yes he deserves some credit but please don't give it all to him.  That team was loaded w/ young talent.  They acquired some nice vets to go w/ them but he didn't walk into some awful situation.  It was more like Parcells coming here, the franchise had talent they just needed direction.

Smart fans are correct more often than, or at least as often as, (our) GMs.

Truly, I know a number of fans who:

(Off the top of my head)

1. Never would have drafted geno, Petty, Pryor, Hill, ducasse, boar hunter

2. Would have never given real money to: Wilkerson, Sanchez, Harris, Fitzpatrick, Holmes, 

3. Would have kept: Damon Harrison over Wilkerson. 

The list goes on. Smart fans get some wrong too, for sure. But GMs are just as bad if not worse.

If you are talking about you average Jets fan who doesn’t follow any CFB, and rarely sees other teams play, then sure — they are clueless.

If you’re talking about people who pay attention on a larger scale, their opinion can be pretty damn good, pretty damn often.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Refresh my memory.....didn't we beat the Jags this year? 

Barley, McCown tried to give that game away. Powell had that lucky TD because no Jag touched him. I know its part of the game but that play 99% of the time doesn't happen. The Jags have also played better since they have played us and I think they beat us if we played again and probably easily.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Barley, McCown tried to give that game away. Powell had that lucky TD because no Jag touched him. I know its part of the game but that play 99% of the time doesn't happen. The Jags have also played better since they have played us and I think they beat us if we played again and probably easily.

The Jets beat the Jags. Don’t give me this barely garbage. 

The Jets were embarrassingly bad yesterday, so now some posters are going to use it to pretend nothing good came of this season and Khan is a great owner even though he plays a home game a year in London and hasn’t had a winning  season in God knows how long.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Jets beat the Jags. Don’t give me this barely garbage. 

The Jets were embarrassingly bad yesterday, so now some posters are going to use it to pretend nothing good came of this season and Khan is a great owner even though he plays a home game a year in London and hasn’t had a winning  season in God knows how long.

It was barely. 23-20. Don't give me this convincing win garbage. You do remember this was a OT game lol... 

I didn't say anything about this team. This team has played better than anyone could have expected with a lot of young players. Which is a good thing moving forward. The young players that have been brought in are the bright spots for this team. Yes we still have holes to fill but if you don't think that if Jax played us this week and we lose I don't know what you are watching.

Our coach make boneheaded calls, a lot.... its a FACT and he needs to go. He can take Kacy Rodgers and McCown and Wilkerson with him.

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

It was barely. 23-20. Don't give me this convincing win garbage. You do remember this was a OT game lol... 

I didn't say anything about this team. This team has played better than anyone could have expected with a lot of young players. Which is a good thing moving forward. The young players that have been brought in are the bright spots for this team. Yes we still have holes to fill but if you don't think that if Jax played us this week and we lose I don't know what you are watching.

Our coach make boneheaded calls, a lot.... its a FACT and he needs to go. He can take Kacy Rodgers and McCown and Wilkerson with him.

Point is I don’t care about barely, we won. If barely counts than you should love Bowles! We barely lost to NE, Atlanta, Carolina and Miami. 

To me, the jury is out on Bowles. Just when I think we are going in the right direction we have a game like yesterday. 

Archived