Jump to content

Brady's trainer banned from pats facility. No mention of HGH-like-supplements or circumventing the salary cap.


greenwichjetfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21823429/new-england-patriots-strip-tom-brady-trainer-team-privileges

Report: Patriots ban Tom Brady's trainer from sideline, team plane

The trainer, Alex Guerrero, is a close friend of Brady's as well as a business partner who helped launch the TB12 Center, where Brady and several other Patriots players have trained and received treatment since its start in 2013.

According to the Globe, Guerrero, who has an office near the Patriots' locker room in Gillette Stadium, is no longer permitted to treat players other than Brady in the office. He also is reportedly banned from boarding Patriots jets and had his sideline access revoked.

Because of the new restrictions placed on Guerrero, several Patriots players are continuing to receive treatment from him at the TB12 Center, located just outside the stadium, according to the Globe.

Asked Monday about a possible rift between Guerrero and Belichick, Brady told WEEI, "I don't have any comment on that other than to say Alex, it's been well-documented, has been a huge part of what I do, and I'm so fortunate to have him not only as a friend, but with everything that we've been able to do together."

Brady also said Guerrero "has been a huge, huge reason why I'm still playing" at age 40.

Brady's connection to Guerrero is well-known. In an ESPN The Magazine feature in November, the quarterback credited Guerrero's "genius" for his recovery from a devastating 2008 knee injury and for helping him to achieve the peak "pliability" that is extending his career.

The Globe reported in 2015 that Guerrero's role with the team had caused some friction among the Patriots' medical and training staff, who were concerned that Guerrero's alternative treatments clashed with the team's methods. That led some staff members to approach Belichick with their concerns; however, according to the Globe, Belichick indicated to the training staff that his hands were tied because of Brady's special status on the team.

Robert Kraft, the Patriots' chairman and CEO, told The New York Times Magazine in 2015 that Guerrero's role with the team "doesn't come without its challenges."

"But we have a coach that's accepting," Kraft told the Times, "and we have a leader of the franchise who's driving it.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Meanwhile, our coach lives in dread fear of hurting the feelings of career journeymen backup QBs by giving practice reps to Bry.ce Petty.

I agree, but can we at least keep one thread committed to just finding every little slight against the pats and expose them? I need this. I need to balance out one full year of being married to a fantastic girl who's entire family and group of friends are obnoxious masshole pats fans.

That'd be great. kthxbye

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Meanwhile, our coach lives in dread fear of hurting the feelings of career journeymen backup QBs by giving practice reps to Bry.ce Petty.

To be fair though, the Jets do owe Josh McCown for the 5 greatest wins in franchise history.

1) McCown win over Jacksonville

2) McCown win over Kansas City

3) McCown win over Buffalo

4) McCown win over Miami

5) McCown win over Cleveland

6) Superbowl III victory

 

  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I agree, but can we at least keep one thread committed to just finding every little slight against the pats and expose them? I need this. I need to balance out one full year of being married to a fantastic girl who's entire family and group of friends are obnoxious masshole pats fans.

That'd be great. kthxbye

Wtf is wrong with you man? Why? Why would you ever do that????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NE fan in the office was telling me there is speculation that there is a rift btwn Kraft/Brady & BB.  Something about a desire to move on from Brady to Jimmy G after the season.  Also speculation that BB wants to work for the Mara family.  Who knows....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

NE fan in the office was telling me there is speculation that there is a rift btwn Kraft/Brady & BB.  Something about a desire to move on from Brady to Jimmy G after the season.  Also speculation that BB wants to work for the Mara family.  Who knows....

So they trade Jimmy G and then piss off Brady after the trade?  Doesn't seem to make much sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

So they trade Jimmy G and then piss off Brady after the trade?  Doesn't seem to make much sense.

No Kraft siding with Brady and overruling BB.  i.e. - Kraft forced the trade to make Brady happy.  Who the hell knows...

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

So they trade Jimmy G and then piss off Brady after the trade?  Doesn't seem to make much sense.

In all of the magic fairy dust that has been inhaled in Foxborough over the years, the one move that appeared foolish to me was to trade away Garroppolo. I get the value of a high second round pick and the fact that JG is a free agent in January but if anything happens to Brady for the remainder of this year, they are f*cked in the playoffs. Holding onto Garrappolo until the end of season would have given them an insurance policy on Brady for a few more months. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

In all of the magic fairy dust that has been inhaled in Foxborough over the years, the one move that appeared foolish to me was to trade away Garroppolo. I get the value of a high second round pick and the fact that JG is a free agent in January but if anything happens to Brady for the remainder of this year, they are f*cked in the playoffs. Holding onto Garrappolo until the end of season would have given them an insurance policy on Brady for a few more months. 

 

Agreed.  I thought it was shocking.  Then again, Brady plans on playing another decade and isnt allowed to be touched and their OL is allowed to blatantly hold, so they're probably not concerned with losing Brady.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I wonder if the league was going to look into how the Pats are blatantly and openly circumventing the salary cap and Goodell gave a heads up to Kraft and then BB puts a stop to it.

Would it be any different than destroying the tapes?  

Well, that's part of what this thread is about. I don't understand what power Belichick/Kraft/Goodell, or any combination of the three have, but how is the media seemingly always somehow in the pats pocket? From the beginning.

- Outside of NY, spygate was generally laughed away by the media

- Outside of NY, deflategate was generally laughed away by the media. Granted, I understand the reasoning, but no one decided to talk about the fact that the punishment was more related to the scandals becoming a pattern, more than the deflation of the footballs itself. In fact, not only was it laughed away...the pats somehow became the victims of a huge conspiracy between goodell and espn!!

- The groundbreaking OTL report about Alex and TB12 and circumventing the cap?? NOTHING!!! In fact, it was so far swept away, that I personally know pats fans who weren't even aware of it till I showed them the link. The article today? Not a single mention of that report, or about how shady this Alex guy's past is, or the fact that he's been caught and charged multiple times with getting "supplements" from overseas for years. Anyone really believe that Brady isn't on something? That's why I included that line in the thread title. Unbelievable.

- I watch way too many pats games, and its unbelievable to me that no matter who the broadcast crew is, they don't ever talk about the blatant holdings calls that are missed, they never talk about how certain calls go the pats way when they shouldn't, etc. I've seen plays like the phantom holding call that negated a TD for the chargers earlier this year, where the broadcast shows a replay of it, and the commentators will stay silent and have dead air, rather than talk about how terrible a call it is. It happens over and over again.

- Aside from just the broadcasts, the national sport media don't cover it either. The Cooks TD catch against Houston? Barely any media coverage. The ASJ thing? Talked about for a couple of days, but that's it. Now this Jessie James thing...it's Wednesday and I'm still hearing about it, but it's always in favor of the pats: "well, the rule was applied correctly"....but no mention then of the Brandin Cooks td which, by that logic, was not applied correctly.

- Meanwhile, the few times that the pats did not benefit like the penalty on their FG attempt against us a couple of years ago, or the Kuechley play against the panthers a few years ago at the end of the game....they were talked about and dissected for weeks! They even had a "sports science" attributed to it to prove PI on kuechly!

Pats fans and apologists will call this grassy knoll, but **** them.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Well, that's part of what this thread is about. I don't understand what power Belichick/Kraft/Goodell, or any combination of the three have, but how is the media seemingly always somehow in the pats pocket? From the beginning.

- Outside of NY, spygate was generally laughed away by the media

- Outside of NY, deflategate was generally laughed away by the media. Granted, I understand the reasoning, but no one decided to talk about the fact that the punishment was more related to the scandals becoming a pattern, more than the deflation of the footballs itself. In fact, not only was it laughed away...the pats somehow became the victims of a huge conspiracy between goodell and espn!!

- The groundbreaking OTL report about Alex and TB12 and circumventing the cap?? NOTHING!!! In fact, it was so far swept away, that I personally know pats fans who weren't even aware of it till I showed them the link. The article today? Not a single mention of that report, or about how shady this Alex guy's past is, or the fact that he's been caught and charged multiple times with getting "supplements" from overseas for years. Anyone really believe that Brady isn't on something? That's why I included that line in the thread title. Unbelievable.

- I watch way too many pats games, and its unbelievable to me that no matter who the broadcast crew is, they don't ever talk about the blatant holdings calls that are missed, they never talk about how certain calls go the pats way when they shouldn't, etc. I've seen plays like the phantom holding call that negated a TD for the chargers earlier this year, where the broadcast shows a replay of it, and the commentators will stay silent and have dead air, rather than talk about how terrible a call it is. It happens over and over again.

- Aside from just the broadcasts, the national sport media don't cover it either. The Cooks TD catch against Houston? Barely any media coverage. The ASJ thing? Talked about for a couple of days, but that's it. Now this Jessie James thing...it's Wednesday and I'm still hearing about it, but it's always in favor of the pats: "well, the rule was applied correctly"....but no mention then of the Brandin Cooks td which, by that logic, was not applied correctly.

- Meanwhile, the few times that the pats did not benefit like the penalty on their FG attempt against us a couple of years ago, or the Kuechley play against the panthers a few years ago at the end of the game....they were talked about and dissected for weeks! They even had a "sports science" attributed to it to prove PI on kuechly!

I get that pats fans and apologists will call this grassy knoll, but **** them.

The NFL is trash.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  I thought it was shocking.  Then again, Brady plans on playing another decade and isnt allowed to be touched and their OL is allowed to blatantly hold, so they're probably not concerned with losing Brady.  

I am hoping to hear of a rogue take him out and end this BS once and for all 

NRL is on boycott til it happens 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To be fair though, the Jets do owe Josh McCown for the 5 greatest wins in franchise history.

1) McCown win over Jacksonville

2) McCown win over Kansas City

3) McCown win over Buffalo

4) McCown win over Miami

5) McCown win over Cleveland

6) Superbowl III victory

 

Those precious wins will keep us all fat, dumb and happy when Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen take the field for the ...uh, may be not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Alex Guerrero: "I keep telling you this, Bill, TB12 is a strict diet and exercise regimen. It is not a new method to infect your enemies with tuberculosis, so stop asking!"

Bill Belichick: "Get the **** outta my office."

Bill simply asked if it could help getting him lucky with MILFs without having to buy them a Brooklyn brownstone. As it doesn't he has no use for TB12. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Continuing the theme for today:

Quote

Bill Belichick gets no questions about Alex Guerrero’s reduced role

The Patriots reportedly have limited the role and access of Alex Guerrero, the body-maintenance guru by whom Tom Brady swears. On Wednesday, reporters had their first chance to ask coach Bill Belichick about the reported decision to ban Guerrero from flying with the team, rescind his sideline access during games, and prevent him from treating players other than Brady at Guerrero’s Gillette Stadium office.

And they didn’t.

[...]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...