Jetsplayer21

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bad News Bears?

LOL.. it’s not “bear of bad news” it’s “Bearer Of Bad News.” 

This guy is so funny unintentionally.

we all know that. Only you had to point it out.

Do you feel better now that youve corrected someone?

Heres my question:

If they tag him with intentions of trading, at that moment, does the 34M figure kick in? And if so, at that moment if they go OVER the cap, do they immediately have to cut/restructure players?

How does that work? They shouldnt be allowed to tag someone if they cant afford to now that they have to pay smith and everyone else

The OP clearly thought the term was "bear of bad news"

Thats ok. We have all made that type of mistake in life at some point.

I remember limolady at the old JI.com use the term "valor victorian"

I used to sing "message in a foxhole" by the police for some time too

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You have successfully engaged yourself within the thread in an explosively fascinating manner.

Bravo, High peach.

fascinating to you, one who gets fascination from the non-fascinating. 

Do you stare at eggshells in fascination? or maybe a the neat bubbles that rise up from a frothy, cold soda pop on a muggy august morning

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

El burro sabe mas que tu

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

B3B419AD-BAFB-46AF-B8CC-E1E1C0C1E731.jpeg

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

fascinating to you, one who gets fascination from the non-fascinating. 

Do you stare at eggshells in fascination? or maybe a the neat bubbles that rise up from a frothy, cold soda pop on a muggy august morning

I sometimes find the light’s glare off the lake on a late night as fascinating. I also find the look of a marble counter as fascinating.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, HighPeach.

Heres my question:

If they tag him with intentions of trading, at that moment, does the 34M figure kick in? And if so, at that moment if they go OVER the cap, do they immediately have to cut/restructure players?
How does that work? They shouldnt be allowed to tag someone if they cant afford to now that they have to pay smith and everyone else

Yes, Or be hit with an extensive over the cap penalty. They’re best case scenario in a bizarro world dimension where this were even remotely possible is a 3rd round puck in return. All that at the risk of cutting folks, missing out on signing players in FA, and/or a hefty daily fine. It’s not feasible, whether it comes from a bear or a bearer it ain’t happening.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bad News Bears?

LOL.. it’s not “bear of bad news” it’s “Bearer Of Bad News.” 

This guy is so funny unintentionally.

Yeah, but that's a mute point. He has a deep-seeded belief. I bet hes waiting with baited breathe to extract revenge on you. But for all intensive purposes, he could care less, because he has piece of mind. By in large, I feel he will make do neither way.

9 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Omg this is ridiculous. They just handed Alex Smith 4 years 71m guaranteed with 94m total. There is zero chance they can now tag Cousins. If they franchise tag him it will cost 34.5m against the books on top of Alex Smith, which is going to be at least 22m. 56-57m will be tied up in two players until they could get a deal done. Their cap space before Smith/Cousins last I saw was 52m so they’d have to cut players and sit idle during FA until a team coughed up a pick.....all for what a 3rd rounder at best??

It may not be likely, but if there's an agreement in place about the extention (like Alex did with WSH) then yes, WSH can easily trade Kirk to DEN - albiet it may not be for more than a 3rd... if you're DEN and don't want to be stuck matching the Jets offer though, it's might be worth it. 

It may not be likely, but if there's an agreement in place about the extention (like Alex did with WSH) then yes, WSH can easily trade Kirk to DEN - albiet it may not be for more than a 3rd... if you're DEN and don't want to be stuck matching the Jets offer though, it's might be worth it. 

Again, why would Cousins do that? Even if he is dead set Den is his team, he maximizes his pay through competition. And there is plenty of competition. If his agent allows him to sign a deal before hitting the open market he’d go down as dumbest agent ever.

Archived