FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Cardinals are in the same boat as the Jets and in a much tougher division. He should pass that

Cardinals have Larry Fitzgerald, and David Johnson, explain to me how that puts them in the same boat as the Jets?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Yes because Peyton Manning decided to go there. Manning built that team. But not gonna get all into that. Elways seat should be hot. 

You’re at a website where people laud a GM whose greatest achievement is building such an ungodly sh*theap of a roster that we lead the league in cap space entering his fourth year.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Also guarantees Denver takes a QB at 4. Might not be the worst move to offer up a conditional 6th rounder for Siemian ASAP in case Kirk gives the rose to the hot broad.

When did Denver trade up with Cleveland?

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So? 

You ain't winning if you don't focus a disproportionate amount of your resources on your starters. A 5th CB or 6th OL making triple league minimum isn't how to build a post-season contender.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Cardinals have Larry Fitzgerald, and David Johnson, explain to me how that puts them in the same boat as the Jets?

I’ll give you Johnson, but Fitz has been flirting with retirement for the last 3 offseasons and 2018 is virtually guaranteed to be his last hurrah.

See the problem once again is that Jets fans are trying to find ways to be unhappy. They continue the search. By putting conditions down on who they want when they really dont know 

the only good player we have on offense keeps getting arrested.  they haven't drafted offense in the first round this decade.  our coach and gm suck.  we don't need to fabricate unhappiness.

Eagles won with depth

Bad example they were an uncannily healthy team actually. Except at the QB position which just makes it seem like they over came a bunch of injury issues which they really did not. Not discounting their success but their stars got them to the SB.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

I think Zimmer wants to tell Cousins to F**k off and re-sign Bridgewater.  I could sense a hair of resentment when he was interviewed about it a couple weeks ago.

The decision 2 electric booglaoo may just be enough for Zimmer to launch sh-t around his office and tell speilman to pull the offer.

If I was the Vikings and I just made a run like that with Case Keenum, I’d politely tell Kirk to **** off, make a big show of it, then have Spielman cook up extensions for five or six of the best dudes on the roster instead. It’d be a great Hoosiers-style “my team is on the floor” moment. 

Look at their division and realize what a foolish statement you made

Seahawks are tearing it down, the 49ers, and Rams are building it up, the Cardinals are a QB away from being thne same 13-3 team they were in 2015, IF they think Cousins is that guy, why wouldn’t Cousins think the same because you think Cousins should choose facing Tom Brady for 3 years as a Jet with his best offensive weapon being Bilal Powell, and Jermaine Kearse?

Now think about how foolish you sound.

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Throw out some names that are game changers on offense available to the Jets right now?  I’m sick of being garbage on offense in an era where Kirk Cousins can command 30 million per year because he had a good year with Jordan Reed, Garçon, and D Jackson, Tavon Austin is a kick/punt returner, Paul Richardson is Devin Smith if Devin Smith got healthy, Mike Wallace please, a 2nd rounder for Tyrell Williams no thanks, Darkwa lol.  The Jets would need a miracle to have say Rosen, or Darnold fall to 6, and have say guys like Michel, and C Kirk fall to them in the 2nd, and all 3 become instant difference makers to make this offense exciting, that’s like a .0000003% chance.

I can't. If we aren't trying to get Watkins, or even Robinson. I don't know what the hell we are doing. It seems like every offseason with these two morons we do the same things. I have been begging for us to become an offensively minded team since Mangenious days.. I also hope you don't think that I am saying I want us to sign Kirk for that much money, because I don't. I just don't have high expectations in FA with this F.O. set-up.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I was the Vikings and I just made a run like that with Case Keenum, I’d politely tell Kirk to **** off, make a big show of it, then have Spielman cook up extensions for five or six of the best dudes on the roster instead. It’d be a great Hoosiers-style “my team is on the floor” moment. 

T0mSimmons

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Withdraw the contract offer during the live reveal on Kirk's docu.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His point is that having “$100 mil in cap space!” is a social construct that has no real meaning and suggests no actual advantage when you get into the offseason,

Fans are just being slow to adjust to what the current landscape is. Many teams with lots of cap space means massive cap space isn't as big of a competitive advantage this offseason. A lot of guys are going to be getting "record deals" because the market is adjusting to progressive increases in cap and the long term ramifications of rookie wage scale. The premium guys are going to be tagged or resigned. You have a diluted FA pool and the top guys in the pool are going to sign high deals because of the limited supply. 

just like the true value of draft picks are different now then when the draft chart was created. A Top ten pick now is way more valuable now then When a top ten pick made a massive amount of money back then. 

See the problem once again is that Jets fans are trying to find ways to be unhappy. They continue the search. By putting conditions down on who they want when they really dont know 

What is there to be happy about with this team? Back to Back terrible seasons, haven't made the playoffs since Rex almost a decade ago, basically all of the big ticket FA offensive players are off the table with the exception of Cousins. Its not such a crazy thing to be unhappy with this franchise especially when the GM has all the money in the world to outbid everyone, offense is going to suck again next year and we'll whiff on another defensive player in the 1st round and keep trying to convince ourselves that the guy we drafted isn't that bad. 

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Fans are just being slow to adjust to what the current landscape is. Many teams with lots of cap space means massive cap space isn't as big of a competitive advantage this offseason. A lot of guys are going to be getting "record deals" because the market is adjusting to progressive increases in cap and the long term ramifications of rookie wage scale. The premium guys are going to be tagged or resigned. You have a diluted FA pool and the top guys in the pool are going to sign high deals because of the limited supply. 

just like the true value of draft picks are different now then when the draft chart was created. A Top ten pick now is way more valuable now then When a top ten pick made a massive amount of money back then. 

having massive cap space is a polite way of saying you suck.  and mccagnan is quickly learning that sucking doesn't attract free agents when decent and good teams have enough money to pay them.

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

What is there to be happy about with this team? Back to Back terrible seasons, haven't made the playoffs since Rex almost a decade ago, basically all of the big ticket FA offensive players are off the table with the exception of Cousins. Its not such a crazy thing to be unhappy with this franchise especially when the GM has all the money in the world to outbid everyone, offense is going to suck again next year and we'll whiff on another defensive player in the 1st round and keep trying to convince ourselves that the guy we drafted isn't that bad. 

All of it means nothing. Are you going to die in the next few years?

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

Eh. I'd be more concerned if they don't get one of these centers and address the oline. I'm fine with missing out on WR's, even though I would have liked to add one.

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Great post. I’ve been saying allllllll offseason that everybody has cap space if they want it, and that half the league is starting out with $30+. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

LOL you think so? Try Larry Fitz, David Johnson, John Brown and a still decent defense.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Seahawks are tearing it down, the 49ers, and Rams are building it up, the Cardinals are a QB away from being thne same 13-3 team they were in 2015, IF they think Cousins is that guy, why wouldn’t Cousins think the same because you think Cousins should choose facing Tom Brady for 3 years as a Jet with his best offensive weapon being Bilal Powell, and Jermaine Kearse?

Now think about how foolish you sound.

Steve Wilks is the new HC, defensive coordinator. That offense is not great outside of david johnson and fitz is on a retirement tour. who knows what that team is going to do. I mean do you trust Mike McCoy to run a good offense he got fired from Chargers and Broncos. I am just saying I have no expectations for the Cards

Archived