FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

I wonder if Todd Bowles has asked Macc to save some money from the available Cap space to roll over to the budget used for Oxegyn tanks for his beloved defenders to help his delusional plan of winning games 9-6 while his defense is on the field for 40 minutes each game.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I really hate the idea of waiting at 6, I think it's hard to believe at least one of the QBs isn't there but if we miss on Cousins is it really worth risking that?

Also doesn't say much about Macc if he trusts "whichever QB falls to us" versus his own scouting on who is the guy to go get.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I actually don't have a problem with anything that's happened today.  Outside of not improving the OL, maybe.

What's problematic is the same thing that's been problematic for a while.  The Jets are in an OK, but not strong position to draft a QB, and Cousins probably isn't coming here.

mccagnan never gives off the impression that there's a sense of urgency to what he's doing.  year 4, no real qb prospects, 'no problem', we're working on it.  

Just now, gEYno said:

Based on?  Hopes?  Gumdrops?  Rainbows?

Yea pretty much, I feel like having our former VP of scouting there may at least give us an easier path especially because I feel like we still control whether we want to move up or not. I also think the Colts want one of the top non-QBs so I could see them wanting to stay at the top of the draft. It's nothing more than staying optimistic haha

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We were never in on any of the free agents that have been signed already. It's a weak FA market and it's Cousins or bust.... Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson were never coming here

Yet you remained convinced Cousins is.

"Hey Kirk - hows about coming to play for a team that WRs dodge like a bullet"

Chubb’s 3 cone time should eliminate him for consideration at 6. If all the QB’s are gone or we sign Cousins or Bowles says no QB at 6(the most likely) at least draft Landry. The corner from Ohio St would be my second choice even though I wouldn’t like it.

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Here's someone who has done their research.  Definitely worth the investment, I

loved him coming out of Ga. Tech

So one thing I feel the Jets do well is their medical staff. Claiborne and McCown played much longer last season then their history. Attaochu is still young, was a stud coming out, and I think the Chargers traded up to get him. With our cap space, seems like a no brainer.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if indy trades out of the top 5, we're getting chubb

if indy does not trade out of the top 5, we're getting either mayfield or allen, but if mccags won't take allen then i think he may look to trade back with a team like arizona to see if they're game for taking him.  if mccags is too much of a wimp to trade up, maybe he can get a #1 next year by trading back.  then the next gm can get us a qb.

If Cousins doesn’t come here then Mac HAS to trade up.  He can not stay at 6 and assume he will get his guy.  Next years QB class is weak to say the least.  I can’t imagine that he would be “happy” with just any of the top 4 QB prospects, there has to be a guy they really like over the rest and he should do what it takes to draft him. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Also doesn't say much about Macc if he trusts "whichever QB falls to us" versus his own scouting on who is the guy to go get.

Yea I agree, I find it unlikely that we'd be happy with any of the 4 even if that's how fans feel. I feel like he should have 2 prospects he thinks highly of, I just hope he has the balls to make a trade happen.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

@AdamSchefter: Former Giants' C-G Weston Richburg intends to sign a 5-year deal with the SF 49ers when free agency opens, per source.

m.twitter.com/AdamSche...

I kept reading he was on the Jets radar.

LOL 

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Gotta wonder if Macc is cursing out Bowles right about now.

Macc did his damndest to allow us to tank last year.  One less win and we'd be safe.  Two less wins and we'd be golden right now!

Picking 4 instead of 6 changes nothing in free agency. 

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

If Cousins doesn’t come here then Mac HAS to trade up.  He can not stay at 6 and assume he will get his guy.  Next years QB class is weak to say the least.  I can’t imagine that he would be “happy” with just any of the top 4 QB prospects, there has to be a guy they really like over the rest and he should do what it takes to draft him. 

mccags likes to 'inquire' but isn't a go for it guy.  that's fine if you have a qb.  he acts as if nothing is critical and that he can draft whomever he wants, stick some retread in as qb and it will all work itself out.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Gotta wonder if Macc is cursing out Bowles right about now.

Macc did his damndest to allow us to tank last year.  One less win and we'd be safe.  Two less wins and we'd be golden right now!

Good thing they quit down the stretch and there were no "win one for Rex" moments or we would be in even worse shape.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Worth noting the 49rs will run a similar system to Jets, so competition for similar offensive players.

Yet, center is one of the jets biggest needs.   They should have no excuse not getting their number 1 target (not sure if this was their first target or not).

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Chubb’s 3 cone time should eliminate him for consideration at 6. If all the QB’s are gone or we sign Cousins or Bowles says no QB at 6(the most likely) at least draft Landry. The corner from Ohio St would be my second choice even though I wouldn’t like it.

Because if there's one thing Macc has shown, it's that underwhelming athletic measurables are a deterrent come draft day.

Archived