Patrick Mahomes is going to be a star

Zerovoltz

I joined this board a couple days ago to see what Jets fans had to say about the upcoming draft, Cousins, last years choice to pass up QB's and draft a S....been reading through...lots of mixed opinions about all of this.  Very interesting to read....many of your thoughts here remind me of the Kansas City fans opinions until we drafted Mahomes.  If you can't tell by the avatar, I am a Chiefs fan, but thought I would offer my 2 cents anyhow.

1.  If I were in charge of the Jets today, I would make the effort to sign Kirk Cousins.  He is still relatively young, and he has proven to produce with less than sparkling talent around him.  In other words, he will make players around him better, and if you have good players around him, he will get the most out of those skill sets.  All he costs (at least at the moment) is money.  The Jets have tons of it to spend.  A known quantity of Cousins, signed and delivered, is worth the price VS the unknown of the QB's in the upcoming draft, plus not being sure wich of those will even be available when you pick....you may be compelled to expend draft capital to move up to get the guy, who again, remains an unknown.  .....keep in mind that both Denver and Cleveland were trying to trade for Alex Smith....that should at least indicate that those two front offices have some reservations about the QB talent available.  Both are expected to be bidding for Cousins...again, an indictment on the QB class this year.  Only if I could not sign Cousins, would I prepare to draft my guy....and I'd be fully prepared to trade up to make sure I got "the man" if I identified one.  

2.  I'd like to go on record now with what I think of the prospects in this class (because, being a Chiefs fan on a NY board..this may be my first and lost post before you all boot me out of here :D)  

Allen - BUST.  Big arm, big frame, big hype...big bust.  56% completion pct the best you can do in a small conference?  Needs work on mechanics, needs this, needs that....BUST.

Darnold - Needs some polish, but I think he can be a good NFL QB....from the film I have watched, he can move safeties and LB with his eyes...fairly accurate.  NEEDS MORE REPS....will look like crap first year, because he didn't get enough reps in college.

Rosen - I'm not real sold on him...his dad is a neuro surgeion and the family has money....this guy gets a concussion or 2 and he will be compelled to just quit....or while playing, not be willing to sacrifice his body to make a clutch play.....I'd avoid him unless I was sure his heart was 100% into football...I don't think it is.  Too bad..he does have talent.

Mayfield - Every year, improving accuracy...71% final year...fiery, competative....cocky....would be a great media story for big time New York.  People overlook that the kid is well seasoned..TONS AND TONS of college reps.  Even if you think he isn't a super deep ball thrower, his shorter range accuracy suggests he could run the hell out of a west coast attack.  This would be my target....best QB of this class.

Lamar Jackson - Has alot of talent...SUPER college player....low accuracy bothers me....doesn't win in the pocket enough....seems like most of his big plays are using legs to keep play alive or run....seems like a Vick clone to me....you can win with him...but I don't think he'll ever win enough in the pocket to consistantly succeed in the NFL...NFL defenses have provent to be reasonably successful dealing with this type of QB by making them play "QB" in the pocket.

Rudolph - .....this is going to be the guy that rises up draft boards and surpise everyone by moving into Round 1, ..at the expense of Jackson who will fall out of round 1.  This guy isn't very mobile..but I think he can be a good NFL passer given some time and a legit WR to throw at.  2nd BEST QB in this class when it's all said and done.

3.  Lastly, regarding Mahomes.....I can understand that being in New York and being Jets fans, you wouldn't be paying as close attention to him as I would be...and take it for what it's worth as I am a biased Chiefs fan...I've never seen anythink like Mahomes in my 30 years of being a Chiefs fan...so different than the parade of game managers we've had come through here...You might look at his stat line from Denver and not think a whole lot about it....you'd have to watch what he actually looks like throwing the ball....all preseason (again, paying no attention  to the box score) the arm talent JUMPS OFF THE SCREEN at you.  Here is just one link that does a good job of demonstrating what it is we see in Mahomes that has us so excited in KC....take a look. (and cry)  P.S. Thanks for having me...hope you'll let me stick around.....I hope you all get your QB and look forward to continuing to see what you all have to say about it.  THANKS.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000905916/Why-Patrick-Mahomes-is-ready-to-lead-the-Chiefs-Film-Review

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Oh no. You just gave half this board a heart attack. They can’t let passing on Mahomes go.

Andy Reid and the Chiefs obviously have all the faith in the world in Mahomes who by the way was drafted a year after Hackenberg so he's already ahead of our 2nd round pick who hasn't seen the field in 2 years possibly going on 3 Mahomes starting QB KC.....ENOUGH SAID. 

How is Mahomes when it comes to leader of mens?

Because I don’t know if you’d heard, but we got the leaderest leader whose ever leadered in Jamal Leadership Adams.

Is Mahomes going to revolutionize the position there, Chief?

See what I did there with that last one?  I called you Chief.  A colloquial salutation but also the name of your leaderless team. Do you get it?

Did you know that Lamar Jackson lost a parent when he was young?  

Did you also know that Malcolm Gladwell and David Brooks have both independently cited a strange phenomenon that illustrates losing one parent while young can propel people to high achievement?

giphy.gif

Lamar Jackson lost a parent.  Pat Maholmes did not.  Ipso Facto, by the transitive property of parental death and its impact on future success, Lamar Jackson will be the better NFL quarterback

Sucks to be you, Chiefs fan!

I think there are tons of Jets fans who wanted Mahones and recognized his potential. I do think he will be a star and yes, I hated then that we passed over him then for a G'damn strong safety... damn. Coach were busy rebuilding the Christian Hindenberg Hackenberg

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Now why in the world didn't we pick Mahomes again???

We could have avoided paying crazy money or having to trade draft picks if just got him last year!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS WHY WE DIDN'T PICK HIM.....................

This is just sickening!!!

Heres a mind eraser for you.....Kirk Cousins was available in the 3rd/4th round and we could have taken him for peanuts....  but we were "ALL SET" with Mark ******* Sanchez.

Now we're gonna possibly pay the guy $100M. LOL

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Did you know that Lamar Jackson lost a parent when he was young?  

Did you also know that Malcolm Gladwell and David Brooks have both independently cited a strange phenomenon that illustrates losing one parent while young can propel people to high achievement?

giphy.gif

Lamar Jackson lost a parent.  Pat Maholmes did not.  Ipso Facto, by the transitive property of parental death and its impact on future success, Lamar Jackson will be the better NFL quarterback

Sucks to be you, Chiefs fan!

Holy hell that was absolutely frightening . 

LOL..bro seems cool.. I just don’t understand coming to the Jets board out of all boards and parading that Patrick Mahomes is going to be a star for your team. 

You have to be a former/current JetNation member. It just doesn’t make sense. a fan of a team in the AFC West .. is here .. in a Jets forum .. and wants to talk .. about how his QB is a star .. on a Jets forum .. 

But then to top it all off, he gives us his unique stand point on our situation. Yep. Dunno bout’ that.

If he is an actual KC fan, forgive me for coming off as an a$$hole...but I don’t think he is.?

There's a video floating around of Josh Allen hitting the goalpost from the 50-yard line...on his knees. 

A few points on that...

1) I'd love to see him and Mahomes in a straight-up contest for who can throw the farthest.  Kind of like the Slam Dunk competition in the NBA All-star game.  I think Allen might have the edge.

2) Throwing from your knees should is a clever, but ultimately transparent way to endear yourself to Todd Bowles.  

3) I'm definitely going to say that the thought of this kid throwing to Robby Anderson gives me wood.  Granted he might not actually complete that pass very often, but it will be exciting every...single...time.

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

LOL..bro seems cool.. I just don’t understand coming to the Jets board out of all boards and parading that Patrick Mahomes is going to be a star for your team. 

You have to be a former/current JetNation member. It just doesn’t make sense. a fan of a team in the AFC West .. is here .. in a Jets forum .. and wants to talk .. about how his QB is a star .. on a Jets forum .. 

But then to top it all off, he gives us his unique stand point on our situation. Yep. Dunno bout’ that.

If he is an actual KC fan, forgive me for coming off as an a$$hole...but I don’t think he is.?

I am an actual KC fan...I have joined twobillsdrive.com brownsboard.com and chicitysports.com boards for (Bills, Browns, Bears) and pretty much talk about the same stuff.

I visit these because of the 2017 draft...I like to see what each team has to say about that 1st round..because they all needed QB's, and still do...truly...just like seeing what other teams fans have to say about their QB situations since they didn't get one or they got Tubisky in the bears case...I don't visit any 49ers board because they now have Garoppolo.  ....I've been especially active at twobillsdrive.com because that is who we traded with to get up to 10 to draft Mahomes.  

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I am an actual KC fan...I have joined twobillsdrive.com brownsboard.com and chicitysports.com boards for (Bills, Browns, Bears) and pretty much talk about the same stuff.

I visit these because of the 2017 draft...I like to see what each team has to say about that 1st round..because they all needed QB's, and still do...truly...just like seeing what other teams fans have to say about their QB situations since they didn't get one or they got Tubisky in the bears case...I don't visit any 49ers board because they now have Garoppolo.  ....I've been especially active at twobillsdrive.com because that is who we traded with to get up to 10 to draft Mahomes.  

Well forgive me then. And i’m sure you’ll be able to stick around. Most of us actually enjoy other teams fans here, but we really don’t get too many members from other teams which is why I was so skeptical. Patriot fans come here occasionally and cause a bunch of sh*t. Those are the only members we don’t let stick around

Because F the Pats

Few Dolphins fans use to be here as well, but we had to cleanse the forum from them too.

Seems divison opponent fans don’t last long for obvious reasons ahaha ..but KC is alright with me. For all the redundant threads around here right now(because it’s the offseason) we usually have some pretty good breakdowns, informative threads, ect around here.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Now why in the world didn't we pick Mahomes again???

We could have avoided paying crazy money or having to trade draft picks if just got him last year!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS WHY WE DIDN'T PICK HIM.....................

This is just sickening!!!

Watson was the pick to make, not Mahomes.  I remember everyone had Watson rated higher.  Even Lupz27 thought 6 was too high for Mahomes.

Archived