Tony Pauline Reported tonight...

Greensleeves

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Is it too early to trade up now if you know which QB you like? I think not. Trade up to 4 and we get a top 3 guy. Trade up to 3 and we probably get the second QB off the board.

IMO not to early to trade, but the eternal question is do we have to to get the guy we want or will he be a #6 and we can save picks. I have no idea but swinging for the fences is fine with me.

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Is it too early to trade up now if you know which QB you like? I think not. Trade up to 4 and we get a top 3 guy. Trade up to 3 and we probably get the second QB off the board.

No, it is a rare thing that teams are happy to trade up for more than one guy.  The philly rams thing was unusual.  Some on here may like 3 or 4 guys but the jets probably love or two and do not like the others.  Unless they can get to #1 they will probably wait until the draft.

14 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Everyday there is a new report/rumor from a different reporter.  By the end of the week Cousins will be rumored to want to play baseball like russ and Tebow.

We're going on, like, almost a week of the same reports, from multiple sources, that "Minnesota is the front runner".  Ever since they made it clear they were going to get involved, that has been the word.

It's a done deal.

24 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I’m 100% in agreement that we have to trade up, but realistically what would we have to give up to jump three slots to #3.  I’d hate to give up draft picks but I’m afraid that there will be a surprise team that will package the farm to jump us and get the QB that we wanted.

35 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

1. Jets no chance for Cousins
2. Cousins to Vikings a done deal

Saw this a few minutes ago on another Jets forum

Good. Because Macc will certainly draft the wrong QB. And Bowles can't develop a QB anyway. 

A rebuild starts with removing our GM and HC. Two guys that were overpromoted and are in over their heads.

2 minutes ago, TopCop said:

I’m 100% in agreement that we have to trade up, but realistically what would we have to give up to jump three slots to #3.  I’d hate to give up draft picks but I’m afraid that there will be a surprise team that will package the farm to jump us and get the QB that we wanted.

My optimistic guess:  #6, #49, #107 (4th round) and next year's 2nd.  It's more value than the return pick but we have to consider that DEN might be trying as well, not to mention ARI, BUF and maybe one or two more teams.

Via draftanalyst.com 

- The belief is that Andrew Norwell to the New York Giants is a “done deal.”

- The same is being said about Kirk Cousins to the Minnesota Vikings- "done deal."

- Look for Weston Richburg, labeled as the top ZBS (zone-blocking scheme) center available, to be scooped off the free-agent market very quickly.  As posted several times, the New York Jets will make a big pitch to Richburg.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

My optimistic guess:  #6, #49, #107 (4th round) and next year's 2nd.  It's more value than the return pick but we have to consider that DEN might be trying as well, not to mention ARI, BUF and maybe one or two more teams.

I’d do it right now, make that trade today, and if we wait until the draft to trade, then that will just allow other teams to start a bidding war for that 3rd pick.  The only advantage we have is that the colts would only drop down 3 spots - Make it happen Macc

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Via draftanalyst.com 

- The belief is that Andrew Norwell to the New York Giants is a “done deal.”

- The same is being said about Kirk Cousins to the Minnesota Vikings- "done deal."

- Look for Weston Richburg, labeled as the top ZBS (zone-blocking scheme) center available, to be scooped off the free-agent market very quickly.  As posted several times, the New York Jets will make a big pitch to Richburg.

Why would the Jets not be a major bidder for Norwell?  I find that very disappointing.  He's a huge upgrade at a position of dire need and we have way more cap to burn than the Giants.  Are we saving it up for a flying lawnmower show?

2 minutes ago, TopCop said:

I’d do it right now, make that trade today, and if we wait until the draft to trade, then that will just allow other teams to start a bidding war for that 3rd pick.  The only advantage we have is that the colts would only drop down 3 spots - Make it happen Macc

So would I, but IND might not want to trade until they see Barkley off the board.  That would make it much more expensive to do before the draft.  If Barkley drops to them, then CLE at #4 is the only other option and if someone gets there before us, we might miss out on all 4 QBs.

TRADE FOR #1 TOMORROW YOU BUM ASS SORRY EXCUSES FOR A FRONT OFFICE.

I swear to you all...if we don’t trade up into the top 3 and we wind up with ANYTHING LESS than Baker, Rosen or Darnold...I’m done for the next few years. Sorry not sorry. Still bleed green. Just won’t do this sh*t to myself anymore.

Cleveland probably doesn’t have a shot to land Cousins, but the Broncos, Cardinals and Vikings may all make strong pushes for the big-name free agent (don’t count out the New York Jets, either). The teams that don’t land Cousins will need a fallback option and Keenum will be the most notable option on the open market.

Keenum (6-1, 215 pounds) joined the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent following the 2012 NFL Draft. He bounced between the Texans and Rams for the first four years of his career before landing with Minnesota last offseason.

Keenum appeared in 15 games (14 starts) with the Vikings in 2017 and posted career highs in completion percentage (67.6), yards passing (3,547) and touchdowns (22). The 30-year-old veteran helped Minnesota to a 13-3 record in 2017 and will become an unrestricted free agent on March 14.

After Cousins signs a deal, expect all attention to turn to Keenum.

8 minutes ago, NYJets8 said:

Cleveland probably doesn’t have a shot to land Cousins, but the Broncos, Cardinals and Vikings may all make strong pushes for the big-name free agent (don’t count out the New York Jets, either). The teams that don’t land Cousins will need a fallback option and Keenum will be the most notable option on the open market.

Keenum (6-1, 215 pounds) joined the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent following the 2012 NFL Draft. He bounced between the Texans and Rams for the first four years of his career before landing with Minnesota last offseason.

Keenum appeared in 15 games (14 starts) with the Vikings in 2017 and posted career highs in completion percentage (67.6), yards passing (3,547) and touchdowns (22). The 30-year-old veteran helped Minnesota to a 13-3 record in 2017 and will become an unrestricted free agent on March 14.

After Cousins signs a deal, expect all attention to turn to Keenum.

Cousins is done - gone. No chance. Please, no Keenum. If we don't draft a rookie and move up to get him Mac and Bowles should be fired on the spot. Sign another vet that knows he will only play a bit and his main job is to get the drafted rookie up to speed.

1 hour ago, King P said:

It's a done deal but I bet we are still gonna waste time chasing him and miss out on prospects like Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, etc

This is why you don’t bother in the first place and you allocate that 100 million into fortifying a balanced team. Acquire young FA’s and build around a top QB prospect. 

17 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Ya think? Even if they sign Case?

i think they’re in win now mode- get Keenum and then get a stud non-qb at 5 to make a run. 

It's been reported around the Denver beat for months that their "Kirk snubs us" plan is sign Case Keenum and draft a QB (ideally for them, Rosen or Mayfield, based on their preference).

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Good. F Cousins, the Redskins, and the Santana Moss/Coles trade.

I forgot how it went. We drafted coles, he was really good, he went to redskins, after that we drafted moss, he was pretty good, and traded moss to get coles back? Didnt they play together for us for one year? 

4 hours ago, roscoeword said:

I forgot how it went. We drafted coles, he was really good, he went to redskins, after that we drafted moss, he was pretty good, and traded moss to get coles back? Didnt they play together for us for one year? 

we drafted Coles in 2000, he developed into a starter in 2001.  became Chad's favorite receiver in 2002 when he took over.  we put a 1st round tender on Coles as a RFA in 2003, to that point no team had signed a RFA w/ a 1st rd tender so we gambled and lost.  After Coles left Santana Moss developed into something close to what Coles was before he left and when Moss was coming up for FA we decided to trade him to Washington in return for Coles who was damaged goods at that point.  Coles would be a solid starter for us but Moss was better at that time.

Moss was drafted in 2001 so technically they played together 2 seasons for us though Moss was hurt most of 2001 so while they were teammates for 2 seasons they really only played together for 1 season(2002).

My biggest fears with staying at 6:

- Broncos sign Keenum and trade #5 to the Bills for picks + Glenn and take their QBOTF at 21, 22, or 40

- Broncos trade with Bills for picks + Tyrod 

- Broncos trade with Dolphins for #11 + Tannehill

- Colts trade with Dolphins for #11 + Landry + whatever else

IMO this is why we need to trade up, we got the extra 2nd to make sure we wouldn't be outbid. Now is not the time to get cute. If I have to watch a division opponent take our QB and we need to play them for the next 10 + years while we take a Safety because we didn't like the QBs that were left you might find me hanging from a chandelier.

Archived