Trading Up Will Happen

Grandy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I really hope we are moving up, I'd love Mayfield but Rosen looks like a stud. 

He is going #1 ... i truly believe that ... just watching him throw the damn rock is like like watching the movie - The Natural ... too easy.

Makes Darnold look like he is struggling.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

He is going #1 ... i truly believe that ... just watching him throw the damn rock is like like watching the movie - The Natural ... too easy.

Makes Darnold look like he is struggling.

Dorsey was quoted as saying to stay away from Rosen, prior to him becoming the Browns GM. The Browns won't take Rosen, that is the one thing I feel fairly certain about.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Dorsey was quoted as saying to stay away from Rosen, prior to him becoming the Browns GM. The Browns won't take Rosen, that is the one thing I feel fairly certain about.

Well ... if the Gints take him as Eli's heir apparent ... i might give up football.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I think you had better start coming to terms with the fact that Rosen is a nonstarter for nonfootball reasons because not only are we not trading up for him we are passing at 6 if he's there.

If they don't pick Rosen at 6 because of his relatively mild views, there's no point. Personally I disagree with the little he has said,  but he sounds thoughtful at least. Have to start somewhere to agree to disagree and be civil about it. 

Crowell is a POS. There's nothing at all about Rosen that is anywhere near that. 

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know one thing. I’m talking about the guy Macc has targeted since last year. I’m talking about the best QB in the draft. I’m talking about the guy Macc wants to select.

If true, Mac needs to move heaven and Earth to get the Giants pick and then pray, a lot -- maybe even make an animal sacrifice -- that the browns take Darnold.

14 hours ago, C Mart said:

Chris Wesseling‏ @ChrisWesseling

Giants GM Dave Gettleman to @KimJonesSports on the draft's #2 slot and whether there’s a win-now philosophy with Eli: "You have to say to yourself: 'Can you picture this guy putting on a gold jacket?’ You can't make a mistake. You just can't."

hmmm...Barkley, Nelson ?

But look at that attitude.  "Can you picture him in a gold jacket."  I dont think that was our approach with ANY QB we have ever drafted.  Woody took Sanchez, IMO, for the flash, the media pop and yes upside but I dont think anyone EVER described mark in the same terms as a Rivers, manning etc.  

I wonder if we ever drafted a player with that in mind in the last 10 years?  Revis, Mangold, Brick come to mind.

I like the attitude. Pick a player you believe will wear a gold jacket. Not always possible...

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, ARodJetsFan said:

I think back to the draft last year year and all the teams that scrambled to trade up to snag the QB they coveted.

IMHO, the Jets should absolutely be looking to trade up to #3 overall.

We simply can not afford to sit on our hands at #6 and risk missing out on one of the top 3 QB's - myself, I'd prefer Darnold or Mayfield (Not confident in Rosen's career completion percentage at less than 60%) and both could easily be gone by the 6th pick.

I just don't think it's worth the risk to stay put at #6 - the Jets & Mike Macagnon should be doing everything in their power to trade up to #3 overall.

The only way I'd take Rosen is if Darnold & Mayfield went 1 & 2 and Rosen was the only one left at #3.

Well, I think this was done a little early - but that aside, Mac did what he had to do - as I stated yesterday.

My hats off to him for having the balls to pull the trigger.

I feel good where we are sitting right now and we should come away from this with a LEGIT QB prospect.

6 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Well, I think this was done a little early - but that aside, Mac did what he had to do - as I stated yesterday.

My hats off to him for having the balls to pull the trigger.

I feel good where we are sitting right now and we should come away from this with a LEGIT QB prospect.

I’m just happy the team feels like they are drafting a difference maker 

31 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Do you honestly have confidence in Macc to make that decision and Bowles to implement the right deployment of that player?

by their track record with rookie QB’s then no, probably not. but in terms of coaching I will say that I didn’t think morton did a bad job with the offense last year all things considered, so I am intrigued to see how bates runs things. I was glad to see at least cousins co-sign for him so maybe there’s some hope for him to turn things around. but for real I’m just sick and tired of taking chances on these project QB’s that never go anywhere so why not make the move to get a franchise guy if they really believe there’s 3 of them in this class. because you really can’t just sit there and wait for one to fall to you like a safety or 5 tech DL

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Do you honestly have confidence in Macc to make that decision and Bowles to implement the right deployment of that player?

if you don’t trust them to do this right how could You trust how can you trust them to use those 2nd rd picks right ? It’s more of a hope they hit on this pick thing than a confidence thing for me . 24 hours ago I had no hope 

6 hours ago, cant wait said:

by their track record with rookie QB’s then no, probably not. but in terms of coaching I will say that I didn’t think morton did a bad job with the offense last year all things considered, so I am intrigued to see how bates runs things. I was glad to see at least cousins co-sign for him so maybe there’s some hope for him to turn things around. but for real I’m just sick and tired of taking chances on these project QB’s that never go anywhere so why not make the move to get a franchise guy if they really believe there’s 3 of them in this class. because you really can’t just sit there and wait for one to fall to you like a safety or 5 tech DL

Fair enough but that’s a lot of weight on an unproven coach. 

6 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

IN TODD WE TRUST.

That’s laughable. Haha. 

5 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

if you don’t trust them to do this right how could You trust how can you trust them to use those 2nd rd picks right ? It’s more of a hope they hit on this pick thing than a confidence thing for me . 24 hours ago I had no hope 

I don’t. I want them all fired. I don’t have any confidence or hope in this “brain trust”. 

Archived