Full Schedule Released *Spoilers Inside*

IndianaJet

37 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the schedule makers must really think the jets are starting a rookie qb, why would they be on prime time twice in the first three weeks?  that is absurd.

There will be a bounty on McCown in preseason ordered by Goodell.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First 3 games in the first 10 days for the second time since 2016.  Who in the Jets FO approves this crap?

Season ticket holders get 1 measly home game, then have to wait a month for the second, and then we have 3 home games in a row which is just overkill and a strain on our families.

Then we've got both Thanksgiving and Christmas as home games, wonderful.

Hating the schedule and the way the Jets FO rolls over on dumb Septembers, Octobers, and now November's and December's that are very hard on fans.  Again.

SAR I

Who gets to approve their schedule?  No one whines about their schedule

28 minutes ago, C Mart said:

on the road for the short week...not good for a rookie QB..McCown should start the first month

Week 2: vs. Dolphins, Sunday, Sept. 16, 1 p.m.
Week 3: at Browns, Thursday, Sept. 20, 8:20 p.m.

Screw McClown...every snap is valuable for a young QB...get him as many as possible in live action

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Only Bad teams on that schedule are the Bears Colts and The Dolphins and you can always expect a tough division game vs the Dolphins so this is a difficult schedule. Im also expecting the Browns to be a very difficult game since they are a much improved team and in their building

So the Browns, who won 1 game over the last two seasons will be a good team because of one off season.  But the Jets won't be improved? The Colts are a good team?  Broncos?

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'll be in Minneapolis for a conference 10/21 - 10/24. Might take a few days to drive home, see some friends and attend the Bears game. Always wanted to experience Soldier field and @Lith owes me a tailgate :cheers:

I will definitely be there.  Not sure what kind of tailgate we will have, but with all the Jet fans in Chicago, I am sure we will have something going on that weekend.

Horrible year for road trips.  Worst I can remember.  Detroit on a Monday night... Halloween in Chicago sucks if you have young kids.  Thanksgiving weekend in Nashville will cost double and it’s a late game... Just awful.

This schedule sucks for the Jets grand scheme. You have to assume that McCown or (long shot) Bridgewater starts the season...the beginning schedule is much easier meaning these guys will likely play anywhere from average to well. By the time the team starts thinking about making the move to the rookie, you are probably looking at Week 8 the EARLIEST since the starting QB won't be doing too badly and that is right when the schedule starts to turn rough. Bad way for the rookie to get his feet wet. I wish the order of opponents was flipped! 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I thought packers were week 2?

12/23 per the NY Post

Week 1: at Lions, Monday, Sept. 10, 7:10 p.m.
Week 2: vs. Dolphins, Sunday, Sept. 16, 1 p.m.
Week 3: at Browns, Thursday, Sept. 20, 8:20 p.m.
Week 4: at Jaguars, Sunday, Sept. 30, 1 p.m.
Week 5: vs. Broncos, Sunday, Oct. 7, 1 p.m.
Week 6: vs. Colts, Sunday, Oct. 14, 1 p.m.
Week 7: vs. Vikings, Sunday, Oct. 21, 1 p.m.
Week 8: at Bears, Sunday, Oct. 28, 1 p.m.
Week 9: at Dolphins, Sunday, Nov. 4, 1 p.m.
Week 10: vs. Bills, Sunday, Nov. 11, 1 p.m.
BYE Week
Week 12: vs. Patriots, Sunday, Nov. 25, 1 p.m.
Week 13: at Titans, Sunday, Dec. 2, 4:05 p.m.
Week 14: at Bills, Sunday, Dec. 9, 1 p.m.
Week 15: vs. Texans, Saturday, Dec. 15, TBD (4:30 or 8:20 p.m.)
Week 16: vs. Packers, Sunday, Dec. 23, 1 p.m.
Week 17: at Patriots, Sunday, Dec. 30, 1 p.m.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

the schedule makers must really think the jets are starting a rookie qb, why would they be on prime time twice in the first three weeks?  that is absurd.

Browns might have to start a rookie LT in primetime, ?, run Tyrod, run. Browns were SPOILED having Joe Thomas all of those years. Thank god we'll have a good secondary, that Browns WR core is gonna be GOOD!

Cheaters open at home, of course 

Cheaters final 2 games at home, of course 

Cheaters go to hot Miami in December and frigid Buffalo in early November 

They go on the road for a Monday night game, all the way across the country to Buffalo, but get a Sunday night game at home the following week to minimize rest issues 

******* disgraceful 

Looking at it again...looks like schedule makers planned for two things: if rookie QB wins job in PS than we have Primetime opener plus Dolphins/Browns in terms of easier teams to beat. If we wait until after bye week to make a switch then Rookie QB starts @home vs the Pats, vs Mariota, vs Bills starter (McCarron or Rookie), vs Watson, vs Rodgers and then the finale with Pats. Lots of good storylines to end the season, even if the team as a whole is out of contention.

49 minutes ago, Lith said:

I will definitely be there.  Not sure what kind of tailgate we will have, but with all the Jet fans in Chicago, I am sure we will have something going on that weekend.

Let's all try and be seated in the same area.... I don't want to be stuck sitting among thousands of Bears fans when Mayfield lights them up!! :rip:

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

we'll see how everyone feels in september after our rookie has looked good in camp and in preseason, and mccown starts the first month of the season while johnson and mccagnan stew behind the scenes.  we'll also see how smart the schedule makers look putting mccown on prime time twice in the first 3 weeks.

My plan going into the season would be to start McCown for the first three games (because three games in ten days would be brutal for anyone), then use the extra time after Browns game to get the rookie ready to start against the Jags. 

Archived