OT: Sounds a lot like Francesa is coming back

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Although to be fair he liked what the Jets were doing at the end

I would love to hear his takes on the current crop of NFL prospects. Not because I value his opinion, but because we all know he will LOVE whatever move the Giants make. You know he is a huge Gettleman fan and will just blindly back whatever decision he ends up making. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Part of that drama is saving everyone else’s job. When is the last time someone mentioned any WFAN content on here or anywhere? 

I don't think he'll save anyone's job.  CMB will probably lose their jobs as soon as their contracts are up.  Also, it sounds like he's going to cut into Joe and Evan's hours (because CMB will split 10AM-3PM with Joe and Evan), which annoys me.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

have to wonder if he planned this all along, to leave for a bit, watch rating go down, see the station suffer, then come back to 'rescue' it.

Certainly possible. I don't go out of my way to listen to him, but when in the car when he is on, I generally listened. There was no doubt over the last couple of years he felt he was being pushed out by management. I think they panicked late tried to get a last minute deal, but he may have said, I won't come back until they see what they have without me.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

have to wonder if he planned this all along, to leave for a bit, watch rating go down, see the station suffer, then come back to 'rescue' it.

Possibly, but there would be a risk that the replacements would be good (unlikely, but possible).  But you're right that he does kind of come back as the savior.  Otoh, I predict he's going to get a lot of hate for coming back so quickly after leaving.  It will almost be like he wanted the farewell tour to boost his ego but had no real interest in leaving.

I think Boomer got Francesa's office when Francesa left.  I'm assuming Francesa will want that back and Boomer will be upset at having to give it up after a few months.   I bet there's going to be a lot of small things like that that bubble to the surface over time.  Francesa's reaction will probably be to be even more egotistical.  And when he eventually really does retire there will be another round of snarky comments about "oh yeah - he's really leaving this time".   It's going to be hilarious!  lol

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

100pct, but he is was still far and away better than the garbage that replaced him. 

Definition of damning  one with faint praise. 

Seriously, he's less well informed than the average poster here. 

Is hysterical he's slinking back to WFAN after having just finished a year plus farewell tour that mostly reminded everyone what a pompous douchebag he is. 

Folks, there's tons of great music and sports talk, to say nothing of any number of podcasts of almost any interest you could imagine,  in any number of apps you can get for free. Stop going back to braindead nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Definition of damning  one with faint praise. 

Seriously, he's less well informed than the average poster here. 

Is hysterical he's slinking back to WFAN after having just finished a year plus farewell tour that mostly reminded everyone what a pompous douchebag he is. 

Folks, there's tons of great music and sports talk, to say nothing of any number of podcasts of almost any interest you could imagine,  in any number of apps you can get for free. Stop going back to braindead nonsense. 

Yep - it's going to be hilarious when he returns.  

1 hour ago, funaz said:

I actually don't mind them at all. I know people hate Carlin but I find him ok. I think Maggy is actually pretty damn good and probably my favorite of the three. Bart is Bart, and I love him to death but he struggles with anything other than football. When it comes to football though he breaks things down very well. 

Everyone always hates every radio personality. I don't get the hate, Francessa was horrible to listen to if you were a Jets/Mets fan, because he actively trolled the fanbases. 

Didn't tune in often because I don't care what they have to say. But Maggie Gray sounds like she has to blow her nose. And at the risk of being called sexist, NO GUY wants to hear a girl talk sports. They simply don't. Jamming it down people's throats didn't help. FAN is running a business to make money, not trying to win PC accolades form people who do not listen to sports talk radio.

People only tolerate Suzyn Waldman because they are listening to a Yankee game no matter what. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Didn't tune in often because I don't care what they have to say. But Maggie Gray sounds like she has to blow her nose. And at the risk of being called sexist, NO GUY wants to hear a girl talk sports. They simply don't. Jamming it down people's throats didn't help. FAN is running a business to make money, not trying to win PC accolades form people who do not listen to sports talk radio.

People only tolerate Suzyn Waldman because they are listening to a Yankee game no matter what. 

Maggie Gray is not terrible but she's not particularly exciting to listen to (which makes her no different than Carlin and Bart).  The worst is Jessica Mendoza of ESPN.  She tries WAY too hard to "sound like one of the guys".  It's painful.

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Went in to get my teeth cleaned last week and they tried to stick me with a woman dentist. You believe that

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I disagree. I'm a guy and I enjoy female sportscasters. I enjoyed listening to Suzyn Waldman when she was the Yankees beat reporter. I still like her.

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I disagree. I'm a guy and I enjoy female sportscasters. I enjoyed listening to Suzyn Waldman when she was the Yankees beat reporter. I still like her.

In best mock Waldman voice "Roger Clements is in the box!!!!!!!!!!!"

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I know they're iconic because they essentially invented sports talk as we know it but it baffles me that anybody really enjoys Francessa or Russo. They're awful and have been my entire life.

I like Russo better than Francesca. but I like them both. Neither of them are awful. 

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

CMB are bad but Kay is a non-starter for me.  I can't listen to that guy for even 1 second.  He is the bottom of the barrel for me.

Kay is brutal. Why he has that idiot Rosenberg on his show i'll never know. That show is the worst. Unfortunately CMB is know better. I flip back and forth between both shows until I finally tap out and just turn the radio off.

If anyone is interest CMB are talking up an interview they taped w/Rosen earlier. They will play it today at 3:00

they say after you hear it jets fans will want him to be their QB and ticked off if they don’t get him. 

All I know. 

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I didn't coin the term. "The Hole" is what they call a female broadcaster who is there for no other reason than she is a woman. 

1) Who the hell is "they"?

2) I don't care who coined the term.  There are a lot of terms out there that I didn't coin but wouldn't use given that I have a functioning sense of basic human decency.

Don't refer to women as "holes," no matter who else is doing it.  This isn't ******* rocket science.

2 hours ago, funaz said:

I actually don't mind them at all. I know people hate Carlin but I find him ok. I think Maggy is actually pretty damn good and probably my favorite of the three. Bart is Bart, and I love him to death but he struggles with anything other than football. When it comes to football though he breaks things down very well. 

Everyone always hates every radio personality. I don't get the hate, Francessa was horrible to listen to if you were a Jets/Mets fan, because he actively trolled the fanbases. 

Agreed

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

If anyone is interest CMB are talking up an interview they taped w/Rosen earlier. They will play it today at 3:00

they say after you hear it jets fans will want him to be their QB and ticked off if they don’t get him. 

All I know. 

I heard the beginning of their show today. They all sounded like dead men/women walking.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maggie Gray is not terrible but she's not particularly exciting to listen to (which makes her no different than Carlin and Bart).  The worst is Jessica Mendoza of ESPN.  She tries WAY too hard to "sound like one of the guys".  It's painful.

One day I caught about 1/2 hour of the show, and she spent the entire time giving OBJ a VBJ. It was ridiculous, and as bad of radio as I have ever heard. Even Giants fans were taking her to task. The show is AWFUL!

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

That doesn't sound sexist it is sexist. I don't have any issues with females as sport talk hosts. Would you not listen if there was an openly gay person on the show either?

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

From the times I have listened, and I have tried a few times to give them a chance at various points since they started, I find Bart to be the best, then Maggy, and Carlin is literally unlistenable. As a group, they are extremely awkward, and try way to hard to be hip and trendy, and it comes off as very unnatural and uncomfortable. The show is awful IMO, absolutely awful. 

I will agree at times its awkward at times. They need some time to Gel I hope they get better, but its not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I also don't hate Kay and LaGrecca either though, I even don't hate the new guy Rosenberg. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think he'll save anyone's job.  CMB will probably lose their jobs as soon as their contracts are up.  Also, it sounds like he's going to cut into Joe and Evan's hours (because CMB will split 10AM-3PM with Joe and Evan), which annoys me.

I don’t think it changes anything 

joe and Evan will keep the 10-1

and those mutts will have the 1-3 until their contracts are up

Archived