OT: Sounds a lot like Francesa is coming back

T0mShane

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I’m probably one of the few Richard Neer fans.  I like his style because he’s completely different than the rest of the loudmouths. I especially like him during early morning hours on weekends. 

too much baseball talk with him for me.  I like Neer from his DJ days at WNEW-FM, 102.7.  Also, Scott Muni, Pete Fornutelle, Allison Steele, the 'Night Bird'.  Listened to all of them in my adolescent years.  So listening to Neer on WFAN was more a matter of welcoming a familiar voice.  No complaints. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/25/2018 at 12:49 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He was the most negative about the Jets during both of their runs to the AFC Championship game, but if you want to slurp Fatcessa, I won't get in the way. 

Nothing like an absurd exaggeration (that not joining the hate train = "slurping") to immediately set your own argument on fire.

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just opened with there was a lot that went into his return and followed that by saying much of it "is none of your  business!" And boom, right into the Yankees as if he never left. 

Pompous Mike is back!

Did they play Handel's 'The Messiah" to open his show?:D

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes the best.  Welcome back?

He's a rambling tunnel-vision gasbag who is NOW OFFICIALLY showing signs of dementia. 

He now, TWICE, has called his caller "Eli." 

First, ARod in the initial interview, and now Ira from Staten Island calling in. He's horrible and WFAN now officially sucks from 6am-7pm. 

Call me nuts but I'm glad he's back.  It made me feel old when he retired.  And I think he's going to change his tune about the Jets because he is such a big Darnold fan.  And because they may be the only show in town soon if Eli is done as I suspect he is.

18 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

He's a rambling tunnel-vision gasbag who is NOW OFFICIALLY showing signs of dementia. 

He now, TWICE, has called his caller "Eli." 

First, ARod in the initial interview, and now Ira from Staten Island calling in. He's horrible and WFAN now officially sucks from 6am-7pm. 

exactly what makes him awesome nowadays.

Im glad he's back, I can listen to WFAN again when I am in the car in the late afternoon. I literally could not listen to the other 3, they were just awful, and Kay is one of the few people I have never met in person, that if I saw him in the street would want to smash his face in with my elbow.

On 4/24/2018 at 8:08 PM, SAR I said:

I haven't listened to 10 seconds of New York sports talk radio since Francesa left. 

It turns out I don't want to hear about New York sports; I just want to hear what Francesa has to say about New York sports.  Seems I'm not alone.

SAR I

Nailed it. 

Great rants and nothing beats Francesa taking callers, he invented the game. Though I assumed muscle memory would kick in, I really didn't tune in when he left.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There might be more than one way but I know you can listen via the "Radio.com" app.  You can also listen on the interwebz:

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/wfan-sports-radio-66am-1019fm-ny

Radio.com app is actually good but it sucks up data like crazy way more than the Sirius app

Literally anything interesting on a Francesa Show now is on YouTube in 5 minutes

36 minutes ago, victorjets said:

Sam Darnold interview

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sam did well with Francessa. Francessa was very welcoming and pleasant as well.  But I can't imagine how frustrating it must have been to have been constantly interrupted in the middle of a thought or a sentence by the more-than-ever rambling Francessa.  Mike must have changed the topic in the middle of a sentence at least a dozen times.  He's getting worse with age.  

On 5/2/2018 at 9:13 AM, Philc1 said:

Radio.com app is actually good but it sucks up data like crazy way more than the Sirius app

Literally anything interesting on a Francesa Show now is on YouTube in 5 minutes

I wish I knew that before I installed it.  How did you hear about this?

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sam did well with Francessa. Francessa was very welcoming and pleasant as well.  But I can't imagine how frustrating it must have been to have been constantly interrupted in the middle of a thought or a sentence by the more-than-ever rambling Francessa.  Mike must have changed the topic in the middle of a sentence at least a dozen times.  He's getting worse with age.  

That's only if you think he was better when he was younger. He is the definition of pathetic.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:50 PM, T0mShane said:

He’s a goddamned institution and as much a part of New York Sports history as the New York Yankees, Knicks, whatever. 

You have to be blood related. This love of the naked emperor as he waves to the imaginary crowds, depraved drooling lunatics who fawn and grovel while Mike's procession of one passes by....makes no sense.

18 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

You have to be blood related. This love of the naked emperor as he waves to the imaginary crowds, depraved drooling lunatics who fawn and grovel while Mike's procession of one passes by....makes no sense.

1. Sports radio is inherently stupid

2. There aren’t twenty people who can do that stupid thing with any sort of ability.

3. Mike Francesa is far and away the best, most entertaining, and most galvanizing person to ever do that job. The next best guy, whomever you think it is, is ******* awful at that job compared to Mike Francesa. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Sports radio is inherently stupid

2. There aren’t twenty people who can do that stupid thing with any sort of ability.

3. Mike Francesa is far and away the best, most entertaining, and most galvanizing person to ever do that job. The next best guy, whomever you think it is, is ******* awful at that job compared to Mike Francesa. 

Agreed that the medium is inherently stupid are there are few that are capable of undertaking the task. I simply don't find him entertaining as you do.

I find him dull while simultaneously grandiose, but that's just me.

Archived