OT: Sounds a lot like Francesa is coming back

T0mShane

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Marks was a QB for the Miami Fury and another team for several years before turning to radio. 

jddjhbijbmplw0mhncaw.jpg

She's actually one of the better talking heads on WESPN-NY.  I don't mind her at all.  And she is very knowledgable about football.  (She is an avid Giants fan).  SHe is also one of the female athletes that Playboy magazine is so proud to have done a shoot with.  http://www.girlsofpb.com/anita-marks.html

Had no idea about any of that - just caught her show a few times and enjoyed it.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed with all the above. 

1. I’m not sure where they find young talent. The best young(ish) radio talent recently has been Rick DiPietro, and everting else has been bad. I thought ESPN lucked into a good young duo with Lundberg and Ruocco, but that disintegrated when Ruocco bolted for the Yankees gig. 

2. I think the best afternoon drive show would be Francesa paired with Don LaGreca, if only for the screaming matches.

3. That Rosen interview should get every one of CMB fired. They ask Rosen, specifically, to talk about the Giants and Rosen INTENTIONALLY steers the conversation back to how impressed he was by the Jets, and, instead of a follow up about the Jets, Bart launches into that stupid leading question about how he was once personally suspended from his team and how it made him focus on football and blah blah blah, and then Maggie drops the Big Bird question. Like, this is a guy who has a roughly 80% chance of becoming a dominant New York sports story within two days time and you’re cutting him off to ask him about a high school nickname? Or to prompt him to talk about how time away from the game refocused him? I mean, Christ. 

TOm.......Joe and Evan should have been the ones to interview Rosen. Letting those three dopes do it probably shows the lack of management savvy that drove Mike out in the first place.   The FAN should have given Russo a check and told him to fill in the numbers. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Marks was a QB for the Miami Fury and another team for several years before turning to radio. 

jddjhbijbmplw0mhncaw.jpg

She's actually one of the better talking heads on WESPN-NY.  I don't mind her at all.  And she is very knowledgable about football.  (She is an avid Giants fan).  SHe is also one of the female athletes that Playboy magazine is so proud to have done a shoot with.  http://www.girlsofpb.com/anita-marks.html

Problem I have with her - she's knowledgable - but she has opinions and states them as FACT! 

Just rubs me the wrong way...she's paid to have an opinion and I welcome hearing it - just don't want to be told that her opinion is the only that matters.

I can come here for that.

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

TOm.......Joe and Evan should have been the ones to interview Rosen. Letting those three dopes do it probably shows the lack of management savvy that drove Mike out in the first place.   The FAN should have given Russo a check and told him to fill in the numbers. 

I'm not sure why a Jets fan would want that mouth-breathing loser Joe Benigno to interview Rosen or any potential future Jets QB. Do you really want Joe to go on one of his pain-killer induced diatribes about how the Jets are miserable and will never win again in his lifetime?

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm not sure why a Jets fan would want that mouth-breathing loser Joe Benigno to interview Rosen or any potential future Jets QB. Do you really want Joe to go on one of his pain-killer induced diatribes about how the Jets are miserable and will never win again in his lifetime?

I just think that they would have been far more entertaining to listen to, and gotten so much more out of him, than the three cigar store Indians who conducted the interview did.

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

I just think that they would have been far more entertaining to listen to, and gotten so much more out of him, than the three cigar store Indians who conducted the interview did.

That's very true, but that's not really saying much since those 3 are a clown show.

If anything, I would have preferred Boomer and Gio do the interview. Boomer, who loves Josh Allen, would certainly be the best qualified to ask the right questions without throwing the "you know da Jets are a miserable franchise" comments you would get from Joe. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's very true, but that's not really saying much since those 3 are a clown show.

If anything, I would have preferred Boomer and Gio do the interview. Boomer, who loves Josh Allen, would certainly be the best qualified to ask the right questions without throwing the "you know da Jets are a miserable franchise" comments you would get from Joe. 

Agree with you on Boomer. I think it's obvious that after basically telling CMB they have failed miserably and are being replaced , they had to throw them some sort of a bone.

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Boomer has been in the media for twenty years. Can you cite a single enlightening or interesting interview that he’s conducted? 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Boomer has been in the media for twenty years. Can you cite a single enlightening or interesting interview that he’s conducted? 

It's WFAN, the options are thin, but he is still far and away better than listening to 5 minutes of Joe complaining about his hip, wishing he was in Florida and bashing the Jets/Mets (and I'm a Yankee fan and I can't take his incessant whining). 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's WFAN, the options are thin, but he is still far and away better than listening to 5 minutes of Joe complaining about his hip, wishing he was in Florida and bashing the Jets/Mets (and I'm a Yankee fan and I can't take his incessant whining). 

I accidentally catch him during some commercials on 1050 when I'm in the car during his time.  I've heard maybe an hour total of his show over the past year - and I've heard him talk about how he'll be retired to FL in 10 years approximately eleventy billion times

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Boomer is terrible. Beyond terrible.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Agree with you on Boomer. I think it's obvious that after basically telling CMB they have failed miserably and are being replaced , they had to throw them some sort of a bone.

This is also the station that has given Richard Neer airtime for over 20 years.

2 hours ago, Dupe said:

Great comment!  He is so  incredibly dull, the  absolute worst.

I’m probably one of the few Richard Neer fans.  I like his style because he’s completely different than the rest of the loudmouths. I especially like him during early morning hours on weekends. 

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I’m probably one of the few Richard Neer fans.  I like his style because he’s completely different than the rest of the loudmouths. I especially like him during early morning hours on weekends. 

I'm a fan too.  It's almost like he's the hidden gem of the station.  He's not a guy that will bring high ratings in a prime spot so   I think he's prefect in his role now.

7 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I'm a fan too.  It's almost like he's the hidden gem of the station.  He's not a guy that will bring high ratings in a prime spot so   I think he's prefect in his role now.

Agreed.  I’m actually surprised a guy like him is still at the station though.  I would think a program director would never have a guy with a calm rational demeanor on their airwaves.  

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

That’s the good part. I’m not hooked on anyone. I’ve been basically listening to the NFL channel for the past two months leading up to the draft and sometimes I will listen to the Mad Dog channel.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Cool, I'll give it a try on my ride home and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes, he is a decent listen on the weekend mornings.  

Archived