Geno Smith takes a shot at Rex Ryan on Instagram, quickly deletes it

Patriot Killa

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Just one of the many terrible qbs we drafted in the past 9 years. I think we will finally be rewarded after having to put up with so many jags.

Its not easy finding a good one.  I am really looking forward to the day that Brady retires and the Pats have to find a replacement

21 hours ago, King P said:

I would have respected him more if he didn't delete it afterward. If that's how you felt, why delete it? At least have the balls to stand by it.

Poor judgement all around.

Nope.  Geno was not smart to post it in the first place, but smart to delete it.

Geno is officially a scrub.  Someone who has gotten the job well enough done to be someone's second or third string, but not start.  NFL coaches are a small world, everyone knows or is connected somehow to everyone else, through former jobs, etc .  Smart scrubs shut up about former coaches, say nice things about former employers and project a positive attitude to any prospective team.

If by chance the light goes on for Geno, then he's put himself into position to take advantage of that.  If it remains unlit forever, then he can profit greatly by extending his NFL backup career as long as he can.  Geno should do what the guy who took Geno's job did-project a positive attitude always.

41 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you sound absolutely drunk.  Geno is a turnover machine. 

am not defending fitz neccessarily. but he IS BETTER than geno pinhead smith.

Zippy+are+we+having+fun+yet.jpg

certainly, this is saying little, very, in the grand scheme of NFL QBing.

geno was getting decent pass protection on many of those attempts.  he just telegraphed his passes into the defense and didn't recognize double and triple teams.

22 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Its not easy finding a good one.  I am really looking forward to the day that Brady retires and the Pats have to find a replacement

They found another good one. Brady knew how good jimmy G was, why he demanded to kraft to trade him.. I think B.B. is still mad, knowing it’s not easy finding one, especially when you are picking end of first round.

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

How has Geno's big breakout been going, now that he's got fair chances with weapons?

He outplayed Manning in the game he started last year before before being berated by fans and media out of a misguided sense of nostalgia.

Going across the country was the best thing he could have done.  He'll get his chance at some point. 

Not sure what you're gloating about considering everything you've said for 2 years with regards to Geno has been proven wrong.  You said not only would he never start another game but he'd be out of the league once released by the Jets.

21 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Geno went 8 and 8 his rookie year....   I thought after that year, he would be a keeper. 

Boy was I wrong,   

Had the front office been smart enough to recognize that was a farce of an 8-8 season, we could have blown things up much faster.  Just terrible foresight.   

47 minutes ago, Pac said:

He outplayed Manning in the game he started last year before before being berated by fans and media out of a misguided sense of nostalgia.

Going across the country was the best thing he could have done.  He'll get his chance at some point. 

Not sure what you're gloating about considering everything you've said for 2 years with regards to Geno has been proven wrong.  You said not only would he never start another game but he'd be out of the league once released by the Jets. 

Pac thinks both Geno and Rex were actually good.  I'm curious whose side of the argument he's on on this one, considering Geno clearly hates Rex. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Lol.  In before predictable :racism!: argument.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

We're all waiting to see it.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Not sure what you're gloating about considering everything you've said for 2 years with regards to Geno has been proven wrong.

It must be fun living in a fantasy world of your own creation.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

You said not only would he never start another game but he'd be out of the league once released by the Jets.

Except I didn't say either of those things.

the whole bit about starting? I gather that he was getting at one of the 32 NFL teams choosing him as their #1. 

sometimes backups start when the starter is doing poorly or, of course, injured.

btw- we talking about this poor excuse for an NFL QB wayyyyyyyyy too long.:soapbox:

23 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Or field vision. I hated this pick so much. I hate this entire QB class and outspokenly advocated to wait until the next QB class.

Why in the world would the Jets actually wait to get a guy who could actually play the QB position!! :) 

In Darnold we Trust!!

3 hours ago, Pac said:

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Lol.  In before predictable :racism!: argument.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

hasnt thrown 30 in his 5 yr career...

and will be outta the league soon

A. How’s this possible?  Geno threw for more than 30tds playing in that pro style air raid offense in college.

B. Doubt it.  I don’t know why but the chargers love keeping our crappy ex-qbs employed

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

the whole bit about starting? I gather that he was getting at one of the 32 NFL teams choosing him as their #1. 

sometimes backups start when the starter is doing poorly or, of course, injured.

btw- we talking about this poor excuse for an NFL QB wayyyyyyyyy too long.:soapbox:

Not sure why Genius Smith is so angry over Rex.  All Rex did was hand him the starting job as a rookie on a platter.  I guess he’s still pissed Rex interrupted his trip to the movies with a phone call telling him they had practice

22 hours ago, slats said:

Geno has a lot of physical ability. His issue is mental/emotional. 

Such is the case for 99 percent of highly drafted players who bust. The thing with Geno you could just tell there was something missing upstairs. And the fact that he can’t help but pop up like Paksatawny Phil whenever he gets a whiff of Rex’s ass musk is just confirmation of my suspicion.

21 hours ago, Losmeister said:

you sound absolutely drunk.  Geno is a turnover machine. 

am not defending fitz neccessarily. but he IS BETTER than geno pinhead smith.

certainly, this is saying little, very, in the grand scheme of NFL QBing.

There was no QB competition that year, Geno was the undisputed starter and Fitz was the backup because Geno has it all over Fitz physically. Turnovers are a mental issue. They can be overcome. You can't really overcome not having an arm. 

Fitz was not good that year, Decker and Marshall were amazing. As always, the QB gets too much blame or too much credit. Fitz got way too much credit. All things being equal, yeah, I think Geno could've put up the same 10 win year against that schedule. 

Listen, I don't like Geno. I think he's an entitled douchebag. But the talent is there. If -and here's the key thing- IF he spends this time as a backup getting humble and growing up, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get another shot as a starter. It's a big IF, though, especially seeing that he didn't have the strength not to make this stupid Instagram post in the first place. 

20 minutes ago, slats said:

There was no QB competition that year, Geno was the undisputed starter and Fitz was the backup because Geno has it all over Fitz physically. Turnovers are a mental issue. They can be overcome. You can't really overcome not having an arm. 

Fitz was not good that year, Decker and Marshall were amazing. As always, the QB gets too much blame or too much credit. Fitz got way too much credit. All things being equal, yeah, I think Geno could've put up the same 10 win year against that schedule. 

Listen, I don't like Geno. I think he's an entitled douchebag. But the talent is there. If -and here's the key thing- IF he spends this time as a backup getting humble and growing up, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get another shot as a starter. It's a big IF, though, especially seeing that he didn't have the strength not to make this stupid Instagram post in the first place. 

For a guy who "doesn't like Geno", you've certainly written a goodly number of posts defending him and his failures to-date. 

Just say'in.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

For a guy who "doesn't like Geno", you've certainly written a goodly number of posts defending him and his failures to-date. 

Just say'in.

Read 'em however you like. I don't think it's deniable that Geno has a ton more physical ability than Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's also completely unlikeable, and the reasons why he's a backup now are clear. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Read 'em however you like. I don't think it's deniable that Geno has a ton more physical ability than Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's also completely unlikeable, and the reasons why he's a backup now are clear. 

He’s a better athlete if we’re talking 40 times. More QB talent? Nah. Fitzpatrick was actually one of the better scramblers in football and light years better than Geno in the pocket. He couldn’t make it past his first progression.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Read 'em however you like.

Of course.

I don't think it's deniable that Geno has a ton more physical ability than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Jeff George had a "ton more physical ability" than Joe Montana. 

It's all about how you use it.

He's also completely unlikeable, and the reasons why he's a backup now are clear. 

One can only wonder why so many Jets Fans were so deeply invested in him if he was and is so unlikeable, and his on-field performance so obviously lacking.  

1 hour ago, slats said:

Geno was certainly faster, bigger, exponentially better arm talent, but—like all of Idzik’s picks—mentally soft to the degree where you wonder how any of them got through the interview phase without anyone in the Jets room picking up on the crazy. As far as prospects go, though, Geno’s resume stacks up with pretty much any QB to come out in the last five years, outside of the psychosis. 

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He’s a better athlete if we’re talking 40 times. More QB talent? Nah. Fitzpatrick was actually one of the better scramblers in football and light years better than Geno in the pocket. He couldn’t make it past his first progression.

Fitz is smarter and more experienced but has a noodle-arm to go with a gunslinger's mentality. 

Archived