Geno Smith takes a shot at Rex Ryan on Instagram, quickly deletes it

Patriot Killa

Ex-Jets Geno Smith and Rex Ryan have clashed before, so it’s no surprise the quarterback took a shot at his former head coach on Instagram earlier this week.

In a post that was quickly deleted, Smith shared three pictures of him and Ryan from their Jets days above the caption, “Backstabbed so many times I started walking backwards.” Two emojis followed: a snake and a knife.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Smith never did himself any favors on or off the field with the Jets, so Ryan had a point. That said, it was odd to see Ryan call out his former player in such a public manner years after the two had parted ways.

Maybe Geno refused to get on the “train”?

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

never seen a QB with worse feet.

sprained his own damned ankle in PS , untouched..  ffs

Or with a glass jaw. Geno"friggin"Smith had the starting QB job sewn up and threw it all away. Who knows what would have happened if he would have started that season instead of sh*tzpatrick? Chances are he would have crapped the bed and sh*tz would have came in anyway but you just don't know. Things could have been different for this franchise. Who am I kidding? Most likely it would have turned out just the same as it did. I am just glad Sam Darnold is a Jet and hopefully we won't have to go through bullsh*t like that again.

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

How has Geno's big breakout been going, now that he's got fair chances with weapons?

He's still working on that West Coast time zone thing ... soon as he gets that nailed, watch out! :D 

12 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Or with a glass jaw. Geno"friggin"Smith had the starting QB job sewn up and threw it all away. Who knows what would have happened if he would have started that season instead of sh*tzpatrick? Chances are he would have crapped the bed and sh*tz would have came in anyway but you just don't know. Things could have been different for this franchise. Who am I kidding? Most likely it would have turned out just the same as it did. I am just glad Sam Darnold is a Jet and hopefully we won't have to go through bullsh*t like that again.

Geno has a lot of physical ability. His issue is mental/emotional. But I think he could've put up the same season Fitz did that year. Fitz was unbelievably lucky playing in beautiful weather every week against the weakest schedule in the league and playing those weak opponents missing key players. It was crazy - like the people who thought he was good and should be resigned. Marshall and Decker made him by catching his ducks. 

And if Geno had had that season instead of Fitz, the following year the Jets don't take Hackenberg in the second round. Like Fitz, I'd think Geno would've come back to Earth (and then some) the following year and McCown still could've (would've) happened, but at least maybe there would be a player here instead of Hack. 

3 hours ago, slats said:

Geno has a lot of physical ability. His issue is mental/emotional. But I think he could've put up the same season Fitz did that year. 

you sound absolutely drunk.  Geno is a turnover machine. 

am not defending fitz neccessarily. but he IS BETTER than geno pinhead smith.

Zippy+are+we+having+fun+yet.jpg

certainly, this is saying little, very, in the grand scheme of NFL QBing.

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you sound absolutely drunk.  Geno is a turnover machine. 

am not defending fitz neccessarily. but he IS BETTER than geno pinhead smith.

Zippy+are+we+having+fun+yet.jpg

certainly, this is saying little, very, in the grand scheme of NFL QBing.

Fitz is a turnover machine too and while yeah he may be better, the difference between the 2 is so marginal.

Not defending Geno necessarily, but saying that he could have put up the same numbers Fitz did that year isn't that farfetched.

But you're correct about it meaning very little in the grand scheme of things. It's like picking between soft green poop and hard brown poop

3 hours ago, slats said:

Geno has a lot of physical ability. His issue is mental/emotional. But I think he could've put up the same season Fitz did that year. Fitz was unbelievably lucky playing in beautiful weather every week against the weakest schedule in the league and playing those weak opponents missing key players. It was crazy - like the people who thought he was good and should be resigned. Marshall and Decker made him by catching his ducks. 

And if Geno had had that season instead of Fitz, the following year the Jets don't take Hackenberg in the second round. Like Fitz, I'd think Geno would've come back to Earth (and then some) the following year and McCown still could've (would've) happened, but at least maybe there would be a player here instead of Hack. 

You think Geno would of thrown for 30 touchdowns?

Archived