Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

16 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The question no one has asked and that is of the utmost importance and urgency is if Le'veon Bell is on board with our new uniforms and if they're hideous, will it impact his decision??  Inquiring minds want to know!  

He'll be signed somewhere, well before 4/4.

Question is, will he make the disclosure of the new unis a prerequisite to signing.

21 hours ago, Mogglez said:

You're almost 100% wrong.  The "leak" you saw, and are mentioning, was proven fake a long time ago.  It was a photoshopped image of Ziggy Ansah from the Lions Uniform reveal.

Well, you could be 100% wrong. As a designer for the last 19 years, we always use images like the Ansah image (which only certain people would know based on that photo) just to show the designs. That image is basically a silhouette that you can put your designs on. At the conceptual stage that is exactly what we are looking for. To launch the new design we would make sure anything we used was associated with the Jets, but at the conceptual sketch stage, that image is perfect.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Well, you could be 100% wrong. As a designer for the last 19 years, we always use images like the Ansah image (which only certain people would know based on that photo) just to show the designs. That image is basically a silhouette that you can put your designs on. At the conceptual stage that is exactly what we are looking for. To launch the new design we would make sure anything we used was associated with the Jets, but at the conceptual sketch stage, that image is perfect.

How do you get around copyright/IP rights when "borrowing" other peoples work like that?  Don't ask, don't publish, don't tell?

3 hours ago, Gibby said:

This POS is someone's idea of a sick joke. It's been kicking around the internet for quite some time. They would be laughed out of the building in worse than high school garbage.

Statements like this make me wonder - what exactly is your design background? It is a solid mockup and solid concept for at least a spring board of what it could become. It's your personal opinion, but what is it based on? It's much better than what we have from a design standpoint - not even close. What we have now has zero concept - with no connection to our name or New York. At least this has a connection to our name. That immediately makes it better. Nostalgia doesn't make a design better. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

How do you get around copyright/IP rights when "borrowing" other peoples work like that?  Don't ask, don't publish, don't tell?

If it was already used by the firm you can just ask the client if you could use it again. If it's non descript it wouldn't really matter. You can use it for design concepts and when the actual design has been selected create one with a Jets player. I would design it as an illustration first and then Photoshop it on a photo like that later. Also, stock imagery has very similar photos of players that could be purchased for a few bucks. I tend to go that route and then Photoshop on them. We normally don't have football players in uniforms at our disposal. Nike must have a collection of NFL Stock images they have the rights to use.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Could be. I didn't say it was impossible.  Look, I actually like that uniform concept, However, the graphic designer situation was the 1% chance I referenced that might be the truth.  It's just unlikely.  It's also telling that the person who "discovered" it, deleted their account after being called out.  Also, it still doesn't explain the fact that the NFL 100 logo is not the actual logo the NFL is using, the colors of the Nike swoosh in the "NFL shop image" and the Ansah image don't match, or the fact that the Jets/Robby Anderson just ordered a custom Kiwi Green car, a color that matches up with the color schemes and "word of mouth" leaks that we've heard about.  In the recent video, we can also see what looks like stripes on the shoulders.  This concept doesn't have that.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:51 AM, teptep said:

Return of a wordmark concept for the helmet?  The tip of the wedge/concord plane up top?  Is the diagonal line actually the space between an interlocking "J" and "E" ?

j-word.jpg

Could it be??

5Yhsiyf.png.6328b726af2128ad35e92ede80082113.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Could be. I didn't say it was impossible.  Look, I actually like that uniform concept, However, the graphic designer situation was the 1% chance I referenced that might be the truth.  It's just unlikely.  It's also telling that the person who "discovered" it, deleted their account after being called out.  Also, it still doesn't explain the fact that the NFL 100 logo is not the actual logo the NFL is using, the colors of the Nike swoosh in the "NFL shop image" and the Ansah image don't match, or the fact that the Jets/Robby Anderson just ordered a custom Kiwi Green car, a color that matches up with the color schemes and "word of mouth" leaks that we've heard about.  In the recent video, we can also see what looks like stripes on the shoulders.  This concept doesn't have that.

Yep, you make a lot of good points. The concept could be right and the colors different. That Eagles comment has me thinking it was the leaked image from Reddit. All the more reason to delete the account. Also, from the conceptual stage it wouldn't be unusual to miss the secondary logo stuff which isn't important at that stage. When a design has been selected I then do a color study, which would have around 10 or more different color combos. Nobody knows, but we do know one guy saw them and it reminds him of the Eagles - most likely a comment about the helmet.

British Racing Green Uniforms I could maybe go for, rather than black.  Same effect, without the oh so trendy none-more-black of recent Uniform trends.

01-bentley-exp-speed-10-speed-6-geneva-1

Or if we want to get as close to black as possible and still be green, there is always Pennsylvania Railroad Green:

401379-large.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

While true the past eight years have not been a great period for the team and maybe it is time to move out of the shadow cast by Parcells's short time here and visit a new look.

No argument here just fearful the look takes on a very ugly design and logo and I still have the option to stick with current logo and color if need be. 

Welcome back long time no see hope all is well. 

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

Taken from Reddit based on a Q&A Hughes did on The Athletic: 

[Hughes] The couple of players I’ve talked to have seen [the new uniforms] describe them as “sick” and “awesome” and “dope”. It’s a complete redesign - colors, logo, etc.

Sick dope, man.  Sick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

[Hughes] The couple of players I’ve talked to have seen [the new uniforms] describe them as “sick” and “awesome” and “dope”. It’s a complete redesign - colors, logo, etc.

You can't fool me -- Darnold was the one who thinks they're "awesome," right, right?

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im sticking with this...........just ordered 5 of them. 

Image result for NEW YORK JETS HAT

Thanks! I hope this logo disappears for the most part. Talk about a mark of futility. The only time I want to see this logo again is on a Namath, Maynard, Boozer, or any of the Super Bowl III guys. Otherwise, it has always been an epic fail from a design standpoint. I mean, what designer worth their salt would not have anything to do with New York or the Jets when given the chance to design a logo for a major sports team. I would love to see the different concepts that came floating across the meeting room before they settled on these. But then again, graphic design was never thought of as a job description at that time. I remember seeing the original design at an AIGA exhibit (American Institute of Graphic Design) about 20 years ago in Manhattan. It was one of the worst designs in the exhibit, but cool to see for nostalgic reasons.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Thanks! I hope this logo disappears for the most part. Talk about a mark of futility. The only time I want to see this logo again is on a Namath, Maynard, Boozer, or any of the Super Bowl III guys. Otherwise, it has always been an epic fail from a design standpoint. I mean, what designer worth their salt would not have anything to do with New York or the Jets when given the chance to design a logo for a major sports team. I would love to see the different concepts that came floating across the meeting room before they settled on these. But then again, graphic design was never thought of as a job description at that time. I remember seeing the original design at an AIGA exhibit (American Institute of Graphic Design) about 20 years ago in Manhattan. It was one of the worst designs in the exhibit, but cool to see for nostalgic reasons.

Yes because this ugly logo is so much better. LOL yea right! 

Image result for jets logo pics

• Thumb Down 3

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I understand this means they say  the unis are great but it could also mean they're really flashy, trendy, bright, and ugly but appeals to some hip 20 something year old's.